TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hyde Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brandon

Rhinoplasty? - January 7th 2009, 10:20 PM

Well, I posted on here quite sometime ago about my thoughts on my looks. I still feel very ugly, its my nose, I hate the nasal bump and the fact that the tip is unusually large, it's also bad because I want to be a film actor, and I feel like I don't have the right looks (I'm not a real enthusiast of the belief that you have to look good to be in film, but that's the tough reality). I have issues with this, but I'm curious if rhinoplasty is a good option, or maybe it's just in my head. What do you all think?
  Send a message via AIM to Hyde  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Marionette. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Rhinoplasty? - January 7th 2009, 10:30 PM

If you're that uncomfortable with how it looks, then you should think long and hard about getting it done.
Maybe even go for an early consult and see what a plastic surgeon thinks.
Also, get opinions of those around you.

A couple of weeks ago I was watching something on E! (don't ask ) and it was about a non surgical nose job. This might be able to fix your bump, but the tip might need surgical work.

Quote:
Non-surgical rhinoplasty

Non-surgical rhinoplasty refers to a procedure in which fillers are used to alter and shape a person's nose without invasive surgery.This procedure has been performed by doctors since 2003. By filling in depressed areas, lifting the angle of the tip or smoothing the appearance of bumps on the bridge of the nose, it can create a symmetrical nose that goes in harmony with the rest of a person's face, creating a better balance, and give the appearance of a smaller nose.
In the end, this is entirely your decision. No one can tell you what to do. Make sure you give yourself time to think everything through.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Claire Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Claire

Re: Rhinoplasty? - January 8th 2009, 07:17 AM

Is the picture in your avatar of you? Because i would say you look fine! But if you feel ugly in yourself, there is no amount of self esteem building that other people can do. I'd say go and talk to a doctor or surgeon. Make an appointment for a consultation and they will asses you and talk you through the possible options, if they think it would be at all beneficial to you.

I've never had it done though, nor do I know anyone who has so thats about all the advice I can give to you I'm afraid. All the best x

(#4 (permalink)) Old
drowningangel Offline
.Surrender.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kathy

Re: Rhinoplasty? - January 8th 2009, 01:35 PM

As has been said, you need to think long and hard about it. I have thought about having some minor plastic surgery before due to my right ear having a strange bend to it from when I was born so premature and it set that way in the incubator. I eventually decided that people should love me for me and my appearance shouldn't matter, and wouldn't to anybody but me who mattered.

You can always speak with your physician, which is probably who I would approach first. They can likely get you in for a consult quicker than you alone, and they could also refer someone.

Make sure you do your research on rhinoplasty, the possible things that could go wrong from the procedure.

Married since 28 June 2009 to my DevilDog

-----

"Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
- Emily Bronte

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Hyde Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brandon

Re: Rhinoplasty? - January 11th 2009, 08:38 PM

To elaborate on my thread, do I need it, or is my nose alright how it is? Personally I feel like it's very large, is this true?
  Send a message via AIM to Hyde  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Claire Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Claire

Re: Rhinoplasty? - January 12th 2009, 12:54 PM

I personally think your worrying over nothing, it looks great. Everybody has body hangups and things they really worry about, but they are never noticeable to other people. I'm sure no-one else thinks what you think about your looks so don't worry

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Jaymz404 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: James

Re: Rhinoplasty? - January 12th 2009, 01:19 PM

Post more pictures, better pictures etc.

Also go visit a good plastic surgeon and see what he/she see's.

They also have simulations of what your new face could potentially look like.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Lorelei Offline
Resident Nerd
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Re: Rhinoplasty? - January 17th 2009, 08:04 PM

If that icon is a picture of you, you look good IMO. No rhinoplasty necessary. But if you're that self-conscious about it, make sure you do the appropriate research before making a decision. Some people get plastic surgery and once it's done they don't feel like themselves anymore. Or they go to an irresponsible surgeon and something goes wrong.

Also take into account that physical quirks can prove to be very endearing. If you look (excuse the pun) like you're made of plastic, people might believe you to be less accessible.

Just be careful. Take everything into consideration and don't make any hasty decisions. Good luck with your career!

"How dare I? Because it is the truth." -Jane Eyre

"You do what you love, and f#%* the rest." -Little Miss Sunshine

Closed Thread