TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Haruhi Offline
Kpop Fan ~
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jorddii

This is worrying me!! - September 11th 2010, 01:34 PM

Okay so, i went into town drinking with my friends last night, first time i've been downtown :/ shouldnt really have been there but you know..

Anyway. We had loads of drinks and this man was sat with us, me and my friends went to the toilet and i left him with my drink. Me and my friend had a bit and we've been off ever since. We stopped drinking at about 5-ish, its now half past 2, i've had an hours sleep and nothing seems to have wore off..

Now, when i left him wiht my drink, i think he put something in it while we were gone. I told the bouncers but they said he is a regular and he wouldn't do that ://

Anyway..
I feel twitchy, vision is a tiny bit blurred, i keep feeling things which aren't there on me.
Like i can feel tights around my legs.. but im not wearing them, but I was, in the club, and i can feel my headband on when it isnt, and it feels like i dont have my glasses on when i do.

And also i keep seeing things, like, just noticing things out of the corner of my eye.. like it looks lke a person, i turn and nobody is there, im also hearing bits of things, i feel like im in a different world.

What should I do? Have me and my friend been spiked?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Silver Halide Offline
Average Joe

Re: This is worrying me!! - September 11th 2010, 02:02 PM

I've never experienced symptoms like that from alcohol nor have I heard of those been common symptoms. It is entirely possible that it was spiked. As long as you are at home and you are okay that is the most important.

There are always dangers of negative interactions of drugs, especially ones you don't know you've taken. If you are worried you could see a doctor.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: This is worrying me!! - September 11th 2010, 02:15 PM

Hey there,

Yes, you could have been spiked. That's always a possibility and it's worth remembering for future to always keep hold of your drink and don't let anybody near it. However, you said that it was your first time downtown, and you may feel the effects of alcohol worse than others. Are you taking any regular medication at the moment? A number of different medications can effect your tolerance to alcohol, and actually come with warnings not to drink while you're on them. Did you eat before you went out to drink, and are you underweight at all? These are huge factors, because if you didn't eat before you will take in the alcohol much faster and feel the effects.

Obviously, if you're worried you should see a doctor as soon as possible, but the effects should wear off within the next 24 to 48 hours. Remember to keep hydrated and eat plenty, if you're stomach is bothering you stick to fluids and soups and get plenty of rest.

Don't hesitate to message me.
Marie.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Haruhi Offline
Kpop Fan ~
Junior TeenHelper

Re: This is worrying me!! - September 11th 2010, 03:19 PM

I am at home and I am fine, just concerned :/

and Holly, i am not on any medication, i drink fairly often and im not under or overweight. I did have a pot noodle before I went though. and I had some crisps in there but besides that. :/

It's the fact that i keep seeing stuff, its freaking me out so bad

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: This is worrying me!! - September 11th 2010, 03:52 PM

Alcohol can trigger crazy things in your body, so it's possible this may be a side effect of the alcohol, especially if you weren't used to having it in your system.

If you haven't had a lot of sleep, try to. A lack of sleep/intense stress can also trigger these symptoms, so that may help you as well.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Haruhi Offline
Kpop Fan ~
Junior TeenHelper

Re: This is worrying me!! - September 11th 2010, 05:22 PM

Just had an hours sleep :/ so today i've had 2 hours.. i just cant sleep :/

Closed Thread