TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

I have my period... again!? - October 29th 2010, 12:58 PM

What. The. Hell.

I got my period around September 1st. Then again later in September. Then like the second week of October and NOW I have my period, AGAIN. That's WAY too many times to have it. Way too many. I am normally pretty regular (except for this summer, I'd fluctuate in between late and early). How much longer should I wait before seeing someone? I mean, it could be simply gaining weight and going off to college? I'm making changes in my lifestyle starting today to help regulate this crap (by going back to my summer lifestyle).

What biologically could be wrong? Would the pill completely fix this or would it simply make it a little better?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: I have my period... again!? - October 29th 2010, 01:06 PM

The pill would definitely regulate it. And you would have it like clock work each month. That's why I have gone on the pill. So maybe that would be a good idea for you to regulate. But maybe with stresses going on in your life, your period just might be all out of whack. Just speak to your doctor and see what they suggest. But the pill might make things better for you

Take care.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: I have my period... again!? - October 29th 2010, 01:14 PM

Okay, so I just went through them with my mom and apparently from start to start they were about 20/21 days a part. Which is like just on the border of being too many. My mom probably won't let me go on the pill if I'm not "bad enough" or something. What can I do?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I have my period... again!? - October 29th 2010, 01:20 PM

Yes, the pill should completely fix this. Most likely once you adapt back to the college lifestyle and weight gain your period will fall back on track. It all depends on whether you're willing to wait until then or you want to start on the pill. Obviously, taking the pill will give you contraception too, which may be a good idea! However, it's worth remembering that you will have to get your blood pressure checked regularly while taking this medication.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
thefirstlady Offline
Average Joe

Name: Morgan

Re: I have my period... again!? - October 30th 2010, 10:33 PM

Like the others have said the pill should fix the problem and make you regular again. You shouldn't need your mom's permission to go on it since it says you're 18 and it will help you.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: I have my period... again!? - October 31st 2010, 07:41 AM

I agree with the above posts, the pill would certainly regulate it. And I also agree that you don't need your mothers permission to go on the pill if you are 18, but then again...if my mum specifically told me not to, unless it was an emergency, It would be rude if I was to go against her word. If you get your period irregularly again, then go to the doctor, and take her with you. If the doctor can convince her then it would be great. It would be better for you to take the pills with her knowing than having to hide it from her.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Nickylk Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicky Lk

Re: I have my period... again!? - October 31st 2010, 08:30 AM

I would say talk to your mom again about the pill. I am on the pill because I never got a menstrual cycle until my doctor checked me out and put me on it, which was when I was around 20. So I would say talk to your mom. PM me if you have any questions.
  Send a message via MSN to Nickylk Send a message via Yahoo to Nickylk  
Closed Thread