TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sabah

insomniac - December 1st 2010, 05:17 PM

i can't sleep!! i suffer from insomnia but ive been able to get sufficient amount of sleep nearly every night coz ive been tryin really hard to control it, but lately i barely get two or three hours a night. its so irritating. for the past two nights everytime i fell asleep i would jerk and wake up again, it was so annoying, especially when i eventually fell into a deep sleep at around 5am and then my alarm went off at 6am for school... it makes me so mad now coz it ruins my school day, as if my days aren't bad enough, i have to go through em with barely any sleep.. anyone have any ideas as to how i should get more sleep? ive tried havin a bath before bed, drinkin chamomile tea, havin horlicks, goin bed late, goin bed early, listenin to soothin music but nothin works.. i seriously need some sleep soon, else i'll explode!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Janelle Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Janelle

Re: insomniac - December 1st 2010, 08:03 PM

Do you have more trouble staying asleep than falling asleep?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: insomniac - December 2nd 2010, 10:43 AM

der both just about the same really, it takes me ages to fall asleep and when i do i just wake up again :/

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: insomniac - December 2nd 2010, 03:44 PM

Hey there,

Have you seen a doctor about these problems and being diagnosed with insomnia? I really would recommend that you do, quickly. There's lots of different things you can use to help you sleep. I'd recommend trying the herbal remedies first; herbal teas and you can get pills, too, that are said to help you sleep. There's also products like Nytol, and even just trying camomile tea might really help you! If none of these work, your doctor might be able to prescribe you something, or recommend some further methods of getting to sleep!

I hope this helps.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Janelle Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Janelle

Re: insomniac - December 2nd 2010, 06:24 PM

Ooh, that sucks! Have you tried Sleepy Time tea or melatonin?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
x_sepi_x Offline
BrokenInside
Senior TeenHelper

Re: insomniac - December 3rd 2010, 11:12 AM

ive tried a load of herbal stuff already but nothing seems to work.. and yeah doctor said i have insomnia and has given me sleeping tablets a few times already, but they won't give me any more now so its pointless going back to them.. i dnt really wanna get reliant on takin tablets to help me sleep coz i know i'll get addicted to em.. but i myt just give something like Nytol a go.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Jovial. Offline
Skittles Minion.

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Trish

Re: insomniac - December 3rd 2010, 07:17 PM

Melatonin works like magic it works with some chemical in your brain and tells you too sleep.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jovial.  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Ali Baba Offline
Honesty, Loyalty, Respect.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alexandra

Re: insomniac - December 3rd 2010, 11:00 PM

I have the exact same problem, sometimes I lie awake literally all night. What I do now is I do exercises right before bed if I feel like I'm not tired enough. Also don't drink or eat for a couple of hours before bed, and maybe listen to gentle music on your ipod. What I find most effective is to leave the tv on but on a really low volume so that you can't quite make out what they are saying, I find that concentrating on that takes a lot of energy out of me. Try ear plugs too maybe. Sometimes the slightest noise can wake me up so I leave my ear plugs in. I try setting my arm a bit early sometimes too because for some strange reason when I think I have to wake up earlier my sleep is less broken. Oh and when you do wake up don't lie there, get up and go for a walk and when you come back change the position of your pillow. Personally those herbs and drinks don't work for me, but everyone is different. They're my tips for ya, good luck! Hope something works soon.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Alrex Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: insomniac - December 5th 2010, 10:44 AM

I take melatonin, I used to take like 4 pills a night and still have trouble. During the past month I've been cutting down to 1 pill or 1 pill and a half a night

Actually as I am typing this, I am slowly drifting off to sleep because of my melatoninnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnfdaofiksdipdf

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread