TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Vertigo - December 10th 2010, 02:24 AM

A friend of mine has Vertigo, and is in alot of pain. Does anyone know of any treatments that have worked for you/someone you?

Yes, I know I could google and research myself, but I'm asking to see if anyone here as experience with it.

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Vertigo - December 11th 2010, 07:24 PM

Only time I can think of someone in pain with vertigo is if there's actual physiological damage to the neck and surrounding areas, such as due to whiplash. Vertigo usually though is dizziness from various causes but pain is from an external force, at least I cant think of a type of vertigo involving pain not from an external force. Best thing to do is get the neck area (I assume that's where the pain is) checked out as there can be damage there. If there's pain elsewhere, such as at or inside the ear, that's either due to damage or a nasty infection requiring medication. If there's pain perceived in the brain, well, you're borderline screwed and need the hospital ASAP.

If it's for the neck, probably pain-killers and warm pack on the neck along with not moving the neck a lot. Possibly, a neck brace may be given.

Each time I had vertigo, it was due to inner ear infections with no or minimal pain and I took antibiotics. I've had vertigo with pain at the neck but that was from a severe neck/spine injury, so the vertigo was an effect of the injury. For that, I had to try to keep my neck as immobile as possible, take pain killers when needed and I think I threw up once or twice. Your friend may also experience nausea or vomiting as a result, in which case, let him/her but it may be painful due to moving the neck.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Janelle Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Janelle

Re: Vertigo - December 12th 2010, 06:37 PM

I was initially diagnosed with vertigo, though now it has been found out I have a balance disorder, so I have been having the symptoms for almost three years now. There is an exercise you can do to move the crystals around and re-train your brain. I can send you a link to this if your friend already doesn't know about it. This should fix true vertigo. Also,do you know what symptoms are bothering him or her the most? I'd probably be able to suggest something as I've been dealing with this for so long.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Re: Vertigo - December 12th 2010, 06:53 PM

Janelle, can I get the link?

She's also pregnant. She as one set of doctors treating her for vertigo and another set for the pregnancy.

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Janelle Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Janelle

Re: Vertigo - December 12th 2010, 08:10 PM

http://www.healthlinkbc.ca/kb/conten.../hw205519.html

These can be done at home with someone to help you

Closed Thread