TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ashleylovesyou Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: ashley

Unhappy October 12th 2011, 05:56 AM

My chest has been hurting for about two weeks now. Today it was hurting so bad, I had to stay home from school. I can't sleep because of the pain and discomfort. My vision is blurred but that probably from crying because of the pain. My mom says it's probably anxiety and that the walk in clinic can't do much to help it. I've tried ice, heat, relaxing, taking a long bath, pain relievers, pain killers, and sitting in different positions. She says that if it still hurts bad tomorrow night that she'll bring me in. The pain feels more intense then just tightening, it feels like someone is grabbing my heart and twisting it. When every I switch positions, walk somewhere within my house, or even bend down I become out of breath and it becomes more painful. The pain started in my chest a little bit to the right of my sternum. Laying on it helps fir a few minutes. Now the pain is going in towards my lungs. I don't think this is normal. I am most like going to the doctors' tomorrow but is there anything I can do nw to get rid of the pain and discomfort? Or at least make it less intense. I hope this makes sense, I can't really see completely what I am typing.

P.S. I overdose in a dangerous antidepressant 3-4 weeks ago. I guess I was very "lucky" to still be alive, they checked my intestinal area, but not my chest. Could the overdose have anything to do with it? Even though I got the pain almost 2 weeks after the fact? Please help! Should I even be as worried as I am?

Thank you all so much!

I get out of breath when I try to talk or sing too. Also, I've tried self talk. Nothing works! Thanks again!

I'll try anything! Please!

Edit: Never mind I have school now. So I won't even get your advice until after the doctors... Thanks...

Last edited by escape_thereal_world; October 13th 2011 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Merging posts. Please edit your post for added information. For quick help seek other features such as LiveHelp or Chat.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Owwwwwie! Make it Stop! - October 12th 2011, 11:41 AM

Ashley, the overdose there concerns me. I have to assume they know about that, right? So, you have a doctor treating you for this, a therapist? You should call him ASAP, not a walk in, they don't know you and your history!

If you don't have a therapist, you should, everyone who OD's should be in therapy, it's math; OD=therapy. Like 1+1=2. You'd also need to be cleared medically, the blurry vision could be from the anti depressants. They did know what you OD'ed on, yes?

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ashleylovesyou Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Owwwwwie! Make it Stop! - October 12th 2011, 03:09 PM

My doctor, and psychologist knows what I OD'd on. I am seeking help for it, I am no longer on the anti-depressants. I'm in school now, and I really shouldn't be on here but my chest was bothering me even more today, so I wanted to see if anyone had replied to my post. It bothers me a lot, I just don't want to make a big deal out of it if it's just something small. I NEED to pick my step sister up after school or she'll be sitting there for hours waiting for a ride home and she is only 7. So I can't go now. I'm debating it, because nothing is help and walking through the halls (because I am moving) is making it a lot worse. I had discomfort for awhile, but starting on Monday night it turned into pain. I'm getting pain in my back, directly behind the pain in my front, but my back feels sort of bruised? If that makes sense, I'm confused and I don't want to make the wrong choice. I just wish I knew what was causing it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Owwwwwie! Make it Stop! - October 12th 2011, 11:51 PM

It could be several things and only a doctor can diagnose you. It sounds like what happens to me when my allergies stir up my asthma. The pain in your back/front could be your lungs being exhausted. Sort of like if you cough often from a cold, you begin to feel discomfort there.

I thought you were going to see a doctor after school? This isn't something to mess around with Ashley. Breathing problems are serious, even if it is "just" asthma or allergies. Make time to see your doctor. Go to the ER if it gets severe enough. Don't worry if you don't have insurance. If you are diagnosed with something look into getting some funding to help through agencies that deal with your diagnosis. They will sometimes help you make payments.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Ashleylovesyou Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Owwwwwie! Make it Stop! - October 15th 2011, 05:31 AM

I decided to wait. It is probably just anxiety. I have a doctors appointment scheduled for Monday, that is mandatory by my insurance, so I'm just gonna wait until then. I'll just take it easy. It's not that I'm not taking your guys' advice, it's just not convenient for my parents, and they need to be at appointments to make any decisions... I'll keep everyone updated.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Owwwwwie! Make it Stop! - October 15th 2011, 01:41 PM

As long as your parents are aware I think it's okay to wait just a little while. Best of luck!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ashleylovesyou Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Owwwwwie! Make it Stop! - October 15th 2011, 03:33 PM

They know. Thanks!

Closed Thread