TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Sammy

ankle---suggestions? - March 21st 2009, 11:38 AM

So...was on the trampoline yesterday, with someone rather large...and he jumped, and the trampoline surface went really tight...and i landed...and my ankle went *CRACK* and hurt like a fucker...

It went all hot, and tingly, and felt sort of rubbery... But i could move it with pain...

So now...i can wiggle toes and things fine....but the ankle really hurts. I cant lay my foot flat with pressure, but can sort of hobble with pressure on my toes...

It hurts a lot...but it bearable...

any ideas what it is

(#2 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: ankle---suggestions? - March 21st 2009, 12:06 PM

Sounds like it's probably a bad sprain, if you can wiggle toes and still hobble chances are it's probably not broken. Although, i do have a friend who walked for a week on a broken ankle so it's not impossible. It may be worth getting it checked out if it doesn't start getting easier to walk on and less painful. I'm guessing it's swollen up quite a bit? You should look for the swelling to start going down in up to a week if it's just sprained. Although, you say it went crack.. did you actually hear a crack? Because if you did, that's not a great sign.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
carrotgirl Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: Phie

Re: ankle---suggestions? - March 21st 2009, 02:13 PM

Elles right. And hearing a crack is not a good sign. Can you get it checked out?

x

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: ankle---suggestions? - March 21st 2009, 03:36 PM

It's the weekend, so I cant go to the doctors. It's not a break or anything that serious, because I can hobble on it. It's just bruised and very tender. I looked online, and reckon it's a torn ligament, shall get it checked out on monday if it's still bad.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Gaia Offline
same same, but different.
Outside, huh?

Name: Lou

Re: ankle---suggestions? - March 21st 2009, 04:09 PM

I'd normally go to A&E for that, they will need to xray your ankle to make sure that it isn't broken, or a cracked bone.
And A&E is open all week.
I'd suggest going there.

"Life is pain, anybody that says different is selling something" ~ Fezzik's Mother, The Princess Bride. ♥

"To die, would be an awfully big adventure."~ Peter Pan

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

~ The Buddha

14-04-2010. R.R <3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: ankle---suggestions? - March 21st 2009, 04:56 PM

Yeah, as Lou said, go to A&E, they have to see you.

They'll just do an x-ray and it shouldn't take long. If you waited and went to the doctors chances are they'd send you there anyway.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#7 (permalink)) Old
drowningangel Offline
.Surrender.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kathy

Re: ankle---suggestions? - March 21st 2009, 11:36 PM

I'd go to A&E/ER. The crack you heard could have been damage to a tendon or ligament as well as a possible fracture. I could move mine when my ankle fractured, though it only worsened the condition of the tissues surrounding it.

Married since 28 June 2009 to my DevilDog

-----

"Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
- Emily Bronte

(#8 (permalink)) Old
wtp Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: ankle---suggestions? - March 22nd 2009, 02:44 AM

If you can move it in all directions without it hurting severely then it's probably not broken. If it's hurting badly though you should get it check out, and soon. The longer you wait the worse it will get. If you go now you may need a cast, if you wait a while you may need surgery.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emily

Re: ankle---suggestions? - March 22nd 2009, 02:55 AM

The cracking/popping sound usually means you may have torn a ligament/tendon. If you can rotate it and hear a clicking noise, that's more than likely what it is.
The bruising and tenderness sounds like it's probably just a sprain, although it's probably a severe one. I'd get it checked on and not walk/hobble on it. The more you do, the more damage you can do to the surrounding tissues and the longer it'll take to heal.
Remember... Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. And get to the doctor as soon as you can.

“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi

(#10 (permalink)) Old
fallen fairy Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Fairy

Re: ankle---suggestions? - March 22nd 2009, 11:04 AM

hmmm not to say everyone else is wrong, but get that xrayed i had a similar thing and heard the cracking and stuff but still had limited movement didn't think much of it got crutches or a few days and stuff and just carried on, turns out it was a hairline fracture and i cna't move my ankle in one direction as much as i'm meant ot because it never got set back in place

it could still be a sprain but it's always worth getting it checked out

(#11 (permalink)) Old
martintn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: ankle---suggestions? - March 31st 2009, 03:47 AM

Same thing happened to me while skateboarding a long time ago. Same symptoms... I went to the doctor and they said it was a bad sprain, then called back 2 days later and said it was broke and I needed surgery... Might be worth it to get it checked out.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I can't get enough

Name: Brittney

Re: ankle---suggestions? - March 31st 2009, 03:56 AM

I'd definitely go to the ER as soon as you can. It sounds like you probably tore a tendon or ligament; but it could also be fractured. I fractured my clavicle and I could still move it, with pain, and it ended up getting worse. Try not to put pressure on it and get it x-rayed as soon as you can. You might also want to try wrapping the ankle with an ACE bandage while it is in the anatomical position.

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

Send a message via MSN to BrittneyNicole  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: ankle---suggestions? - March 31st 2009, 07:07 AM

Hey Maia,

Sorry you're hurting. My dad would never let me get a trampoline for that exact reason. Like everyone else said I would go to the ER/A&E as soon as possible. Try taking an over the counter painkiller, applying ice, and elevating your ankle above your heart. You shouldn't try and move it or 'hobble' around because moving it could cause more damage and you could trip and make things worse 'hobbling' around like that. I hope you feel better soon. Tell us how the doctor's visit goes we are concerned about you. Take care and get well.

Lots of love <3

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Stuckinhell Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: ankle---suggestions? - March 31st 2009, 05:57 PM

So it's been over a week. I was told it was a torn ligament, which pulled of a bit of bone at the same time. I've been on crutches, but want to be off them this week. It's been painful...but getting much better.
Thanks for the advice
Thread can be closed

Closed Thread