TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Psoriasis on my Penis - YIKES! - March 21st 2009, 09:09 PM

Hi Everyone!!

I hope you're having a super duper day!!

Lately - I've been especially stressed out. Like a lot of people - these days - I'm having money problems. Money itself is not the problem. The fact that I haven't got enough IS!! Oh well... I'm trying to work my way out of the hole I'm in. THAT - and a few other things - have really REALLY stressed me out. And when I'm stressed out I often get a patch of psoriasis ['sore-eye-a-sis'] in the middle of my chest. It's not too much and usually goes away in a day or two. Then it comes back and goes away again. But this time - psoriasis has 'attacked' my PENIS. And I have to admit - I'm upset. Although harmless [For the most part] and not even slightly contagious - it doesn't LOOK very good. In fact - it LOOKS like my penis has an STD. Psoriasis - in case you didn't know - is NOT a sexually transmitted disease. Some believe it is just one of the signs of an over-active immune system. Skin cells are being created at an alarming rate and building up on the effected part of the body. The type of psoriasis I have on my penis is called 'Inverse Psoriasis'. It's just red and looks like what your skin would look like if you tore off a scab from a wound. [If that makes sense] The psoriasis that's on my penis doesn't scab up OR [which is common with most cases of psoriasis] flake off. [At least not so you - or I - would notice] Usually - when someone has psoriasis on the penis - it's on the head. But sometimes - as it is in my case - it's on the shaft. About half of my shaft has the red patches. I hope it goes away - and stays away. [Something that psoriasis often does - no matter where it is on the body]

Why am I telling you all of this? Well... who ELSE am I going to tell!! But not just for that reason - I'd love to know if any of YOU have ever had - or presently have - psoriasis on your penis. [Or any where else on your body]

Have a great day!!
GREAT BIG HUG

Craig!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Psoriasis on my Penis - YIKES! - March 21st 2009, 09:15 PM

Hey Craig.

I'm sorry that you suffer from psoriasis. Thankfully, I don't have psoriasis and I haven't had it before (That i'm aware of)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Psoriasis on my Penis - YIKES! - March 21st 2009, 09:24 PM

I've never personally suffered from psoriasis, but I have a friend who got it all down her back while we were doing huge exams last June. It was nasty.
I think she got some sort of cream for it.
Other than that, I don't know anything about it.
Hope it goes away soon though! It's rather unpleasant.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
drowningangel Offline
.Surrender.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kathy

Re: Psoriasis on my Penis - YIKES! - March 21st 2009, 11:42 PM

I know you have looked at this, more than likely, but perhaps it will help you:

Link - National Psoriasis Foundation - Treatments
Link - Genital Psoriasis

I've never had psoriasis, but a man I worked for at one time did and he had a similar problem to you. He had to try to work on preventative measures and to isolate incidents when they appeared to keep it from doing damage.

Married since 28 June 2009 to my DevilDog

-----

"Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
- Emily Bronte

Closed Thread