TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Complete Love. Offline
Life goes on...
Regular TeenHelper

Question Acne on my forhead - November 1st 2011, 11:43 PM

My face is clear of all acne except on my forehead. What's up with that? And how do I get rid of it? Advice please

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachell

Re: Acne on my forhead - November 1st 2011, 11:53 PM

Not every single product is going to work. It just takes time. Sometimes acne is hereditary, or so I was told. Other times it is there beacuse of how much you sweat. So if you sweat more around your forehead, you may get more acne there. Then there is also the dirt that gets on your face. Your doctor may recomend a certain product. Your forehead is the most common place to get acne. Acne is caused by overactive sebaceous glands that produce an excess of a substance called sebum. If you use any hair products, then it can worsen your blocked pores. Which would cause more acne.

~I was always scared of everything, even the carousel.~

~Don't worry about me. I'm sort of feeling fine, but by tomorrow, I'll be back on my feet again.~

-Goodnight Tonight

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Complete Love. Offline
Life goes on...
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Acne on my forhead - November 2nd 2011, 12:23 AM

i don't use any Face washes just soap cause I don't know what kind to use. That's why I need advice also that would explain about the hair because I have bangs but still what does that mean that I have to wash my face every few hours errr?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Acne on my forhead - November 2nd 2011, 01:04 AM

Don't wash your face every few hours, that will dry it out and make your acne worse. If you haven't washed your hair, then keep your bangs off your forhead, otherwise if you hair is clean it should be okay. Soap isn't always good to use on your face, so just get a basic cleanser. Any really will do, maybe try Ceteraphil?

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#5 (permalink)) Old
nycto Offline
That girl.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shim

Re: Acne on my forhead - November 2nd 2011, 01:08 AM

I don't recommend washing your face more than three times a day. Think about your day, do you put any hair products in your hair? Or maybe do you touch your bangs often? The acne cleared up on my forehead because I: Changed my pillow cases on my bed twice a week, cut my bangs shorter so that I wasn't constantly brushing them out of my eyes during the day, and started using foundation specifically for acne prone skin (Neutrogena Skinclearing mineral powder). Those things really helped a lot! I also used a rub on acne medication called Oxy Clinical after every time I washed my face. As for facial cleansers, this is going to sound silly, but I use damp oatmeal oats. Haha! Only when I wash my face in the evening though, but it has surprisingly helped fade away some of my acne scars and my face has been pretty clear lately. I know it sounds tedious to do a lot of these things but I feel like it pays off. Now I feel comfortable going out without any cover up on hehe. Hope this helped you!

stay strong.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Complete Love. Offline
Life goes on...
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Acne on my forhead - November 2nd 2011, 01:56 AM

Wow cool idea, not wierd at all!!! How do you use the damp oatmeal oats like in warm water, cold water etc do you rub it on or just message it on?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Swirl Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Acne on my forhead - November 2nd 2011, 05:39 AM

You should let the skin on your forehead breathe, so keeping your bangs away from it for a while should help. What has worked for me is making a tomato (raw) puree, and applying it to the affected area, waiting for around 15 minutes and cleansing with warm water (it's a bit messy but it definitely worked for me). Don't forget to moisturize! I would do this about once a week.

Hope it helps

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Acne on my forhead - November 2nd 2011, 06:17 AM

Acne is just random, comes on random places for people. You're kind of lucky, when I was younger, I got acne everywhere. It was pretty terrible. I would wash your face twice a day, morning and night, and that it. I use Clean and Clear Morning Burst, it has no acne soap, so it doesn't dry out your face as much. That's just my recommendation!

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
ralphedison Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ralph Edison

Re: Acne on my forhead - November 2nd 2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceLeeDemarcus View Post
Sometimes acne is hereditary.
I agree, my doctor said that acne is not caused by foods that we eat, or even our body build. Skin can sometimes be easily irritated even by soap that are too harsh or soap that produce too much bubbles. My doctor suggested that I use mild face wash which does not produce bubbles. I can say that it was very effective for me.

"He who does not know how to look back at where he came from will never get to his destination."
Jose Rizal
  Send a message via Yahoo to ralphedison  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Name: Serena

Re: Acne on my forhead - November 2nd 2011, 09:34 PM

wow, I wish I had acne just on my forehead. I have it all over my face and shoulders/back.
MY mom took me to a beautician who cleaned my skin and then gave me a special soap and cream to take care of my skin. I still have acne, but a lot less.

Maybe you should see a doctor who can suggest you the right soap to use and maybe cream or something like that. For me it kinda worked.

MONACHOPSIS
the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place, as maladapted to your surroundings as a seal on a beach—lumbering, clumsy, easily distracted, huddled in the company of other misfits, unable to recognize the ambient roar of your intended habitat, in which you’d be fluidly, brilliantly, effortlessly at home.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Complete Love. Offline
Life goes on...
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Acne on my forhead - November 3rd 2011, 06:53 AM

Thanks guys for the advice I will try them

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Acne on my forhead - November 4th 2011, 01:36 PM

I just thought I'd add if you have a full fringe then I've found that your forehead gets more oily then usual which can cause breakouts so perhaps try having a side fringe or pinning your fringe back every so often

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Complete Love. Offline
Life goes on...
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Acne on my forhead - November 4th 2011, 03:13 PM

Yep I do that on the weekends and at night ill try doing it more though (if I can) depending where I am and when

Closed Thread