TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dejaentendu0 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Liz

Bump where my wisdom tooth was? - December 26th 2011, 06:12 AM

On the 15th, I had all four of my wisdom teeth out - to my dismay. I didn't feel too well at all until about two days ago. From what I can tell, all of the stitches dissolved and all the wounds are healed. However, the lower left side was the most troublesome and it took the longest to heal.

My issue with it now is this:
There's a decent sized bump right where the bottom left wisdom tooth was. By decent sized, I mean it's bigger than the teeth in my mouth and I can't fully close my mouth because it puts pressure on it and hurts. It doesn't hurt to the touch. My jaw feels kinda sore, but only whenever I spend a long day of talking and eating, typically - as it didn't hurt me at all this morning, or at least, not enough for me to really pay attention. Even now, it's only a dull ache and it's quite bearable.
The pain is simply only whenever I try to close my mouth fully and put pressure on it. I also cannot open that side of my mouth as fully as I can the other (or eat hard foods on that side due to the pressure making it hurt). It's still stuck in the 'I can open it awkwardly halfway' thing, while the other side is perfectly fine.

My dentist had prescribed me antibiotics and I've been taking them (not as prescribed; I was supposed to take three a day. I took two. I'm terrible at following directions like that, haha.), so I don't think it's an infection. Before the surgery and a bit after, my lymph node on that side was slightly swollen, but I take that as normal seeing as my teeth were pretty badly impacted and all. It's not swollen now at all. And, pain-wise, it doesn't hurt, it's just bothersome.

I can surely live with it... I can close my mouth more than enough so that I don't drool or look weird. The only thing it keeps me from is closing fully and makes it kind of awkward to eat since half my mouth doesn't open all the way.
But I can't help but wonder.... What IS this bump?
Is it normal? o.0 Does anyone have any ideas?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Bump where my wisdom tooth was? - December 26th 2011, 02:56 PM

Once a tooth is removed, the body has to rebuild bone mass and gum mass. This can cause bumps, bleeding, pain, and jagged pieces.

It's probably a bone fragment from the old socket being pushed out. Your body will get rid of it. If it starts to hurt then go to the dentist.

Closed Thread