TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
franz1 Offline
Out of the box thinker
Junior TeenHelper

Name: brady shaw

Exclamation HELP Tremors or seizures getting worse - December 27th 2011, 03:01 AM

Recently, the past 3 days I have been having tremors or seizures I am not sure which but keep coming and coming. Here are my symptoms:

Shaking/moderate full body
Shaking/violently at times
Sore
Exhausted after shaking stops
Lost time(See below)
Fatigue
not able to sleep
increased heart rate at resting position(80-130BPM)

Yesterday I was laying down listening to the t.v like I always do but then I started shaking even harder then I already was and the next thing I new it was an hour or so later. NCIS was on when it started getting worse then when I looked again Sanctuary was on almost halfway through. Never happened to me before.

My heart rate has always been low 60-80BPM when I was resting or not doing anything but it has been increasing recently. Currently as I write this my heart rate is at: 108BPM aprox.
I am not hungry at all, I havn't been able to sleep much and when I do I break out into a cold sweat and wake up shaking a little.

What I need to know is if this is a seizure or just a tremor relate to something else. I do not currently have a ride to the ER or Urgent care clinic and I don't really want to go if I don't need to. I hate hospitals of any sort. What should I do or try?

Helen: I'm someone who has chosen to embrace the broad spectrum of our reality.

​“Levity helps keep far more insidious things at bay.”
Dr. Helen Magnus, “Sanctuary For All”
SANCTUARY

“Feeling safe is something we all need.”
Dr. Will Zimmerman, “Sanctuary For All”
SANCTUARY

“We learn more from failure than from success.”
Nikola Tesla, “END OF NIGHTS” PART II
SANCTUARY

“Life without purpose isn’t… life.”
Will Zimmerman, “PAVOR NOCTURNUS”
SANCTUARY
  Send a message via Skype™ to franz1 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: HELP Tremors or seizures getting worse - December 28th 2011, 02:24 PM

Do you have medicine?

First, a doctor is best in these situations. Seizures are very dangerous. If you can get to a doctor this week that would be best. You could hit your head, bite your tongue, or just fall over and hurt yourself pretty badly. So, you need to see a doctor if your meds aren't working or if you don't have meds.

There is nothing that I know of that you can try that will prevent seizures. By the way, if you are losing time, it is likely seizures and not tremors.

Since you are afraid of hospitals, having someone go with you can make it much less scary and boring. Same with a doctor's office. If you live with family or friends then you should let them know what is going on. This way you won't be alone as much and if you have a seizure they can take action to prevent you from hurting yourself.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MercyMe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Devin

Re: HELP Tremors or seizures getting worse - January 2nd 2012, 04:26 AM

Get to a doctor ASAP, this could be a very serious problem. Everyone hates hospitals, but this shouldn't be overlooked. And if this does turn out to be somthing serious not getting control of this immediately could pose result in a life long serious condition. If your lucky enough to live in a medical marijuana state high CBD medicine can drastically reduce seizures.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: HELP Tremors or seizures getting worse - January 3rd 2012, 02:18 AM

You're having seizures. I used to have them, too. Unlike me, you can feel those seizures coming on. During a seizure the signals to your brain basically go haywire, and you remain unconscious for a while afterward. You need to get to a doctor immediately and get put on some medication that will help you. Seizures are very very serious, and you can hurt yourself badly if they don't get controlled.

I have had more than one near-death experience due to my seizures. You have to get on medication as quickly as possible, and you should have someone near you for a while after you start your medication so they can watch you and take care of you if you have one. There isn't much that can be done during a seizure besides keeping the victim's head from slamming the floor. After a seizure one of the best medicines is rest.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lottie Offline
Retro TH'er- since 2007.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lottie

Re: HELP Tremors or seizures getting worse - January 3rd 2012, 04:29 PM

As mentioned above, you need to go to a doctor urgently. It is very unusual for people to be aware of their seizures whilst they're having them. But i'm not an neurologist so there may be a specific type of epilepsy that you're experiencing. That, or it could be psychological. Not saying you're putting it on- I screamed at my neurologist when he said this, but your brain is a VERY powerful thing. It can cause you do have all the symptoms of 'seizures' but they have an underlying anxiety to them. It's hard to explain

But make sure you go to your doctor sooner rather than later.

Closed Thread