TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Squeekiers Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,652, Level: 12 Points: 7,652, Level: 12 Points: 7,652, Level: 12

Exclamation Girlfriend has immense pains for unknown reasons...? - January 11th 2012, 05:07 PM

Hey all,

For a while now my girlfriend has been having constant pains in different areas of her body, as well as unusual symptoms and we both don't know why. Pains/symptoms have included:

*Extreme pains in back, neck, ribs, wrists, shoulders head, and hips
*Low blood pressure
*Low carbs/sugar
*Low electrolite count
*Dizzy spells
*Headaches/Migranes
*Blackouts
*Unable to get decent sleep, therefore is always exhausted
*Occassional shakeyness

Now she was involved in a car accident a few years back and hit her head on the dashboard. We have thought that perhaps she has a concussion, but would a concussion cause all of these things? She eats and drinks(not to a huge degree, but enough to keep her at normal levels) It's very scary to watch. We could just be watching a movie, and her body will have a shock go through her and she starts to shake. Other times she'll have random spasms and it is obvious that it hurts her, and the worst part is I have to sit there and watch it as I don't know what to do. Unfortunately, not only do we not know what is going on, but we both are minors, and her mother is unwilling to take her to a doctor to get her looked at. I have no idea what to do, but she's been having these things for a while and it's depressing her. Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be happening? I'm desperate and will do just about anything to help her. We want to figure out what's causing this, and find a cure for it all ASAP.

EDIT: I looked more up, and is it possible that she has Myofascial pain syndrome(MPS)?

Last edited by Squeekiers; January 11th 2012 at 05:46 PM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lottie Offline
Retro TH'er- since 2007.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lottie

Points: 16,970, Level: 18 Points: 16,970, Level: 18 Points: 16,970, Level: 18

Re: Girlfriend has immense pains for unknown reasons...? - January 11th 2012, 05:28 PM

Hello there, I'm sorry that your girlfriend is having such a hard time. Firstly, concussion does not tend to last that long. You need to find a way to get her to a doctor. At the end of the day, we cannot diagnose her.

The only way she is going to get the help she requires is by going to a doctor. She needs a lot of tests to rule out the many conditions that her symptoms cover.

I'm sorry I couldn't help more and I hope you do manage to get her the help that she needs.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Squeekiers Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Girlfriend has immense pains for unknown reasons...? - January 11th 2012, 05:47 PM

I know we must get her checked out. How old do you have to be to take someone to the doctor? I turn 18 in a few months, and while I know I can go myself, I'm not sure if I could take someone else.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Lottie Offline
Retro TH'er- since 2007.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Girlfriend has immense pains for unknown reasons...? - January 11th 2012, 06:19 PM

How old is your girlfriend? Where abouts do you live? (State/country)

Edit: If i'm right I think that as long as she is not at any risk of harm- if it involves Self-harm, suicidal tendencies or puts her at risk then the doctor will tell the parents. Otherwise, i think it's fine .
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Squeekiers Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Girlfriend has immense pains for unknown reasons...? - January 11th 2012, 06:40 PM

She is 17, will turn 18 later this year. We are in Arizona. No she is not self harming, or anything like that. She just wants to figure out what the issue is.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Lottie Offline
Retro TH'er- since 2007.
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Girlfriend has immense pains for unknown reasons...? - January 11th 2012, 06:50 PM

Yes, you can take her to the doctors.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
anonymouswhale Offline
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Points: 11,142, Level: 15 Points: 11,142, Level: 15 Points: 11,142, Level: 15

Re: Girlfriend has immense pains for unknown reasons...? - January 11th 2012, 06:59 PM

I'm sorry to hear about those symptoms. I think it's great that you really care about her, and I admire your grace under fire during this tough time. I know she can call to make an appointment without a problem, but she might need to show an insurance card unless it's her usual pediatrician/doctor (there is usually a fixed co-pay). But as far as age goes, I'm pretty sure she can go and you can go with her, but I don't know if they'll allow you in the exam room. Also, she might need parental consent for prescriptions, but the thing she needs is a diagnosis, and if she has something wrong, I'm sure her parents will let her get medication. Best of luck!

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013
Closed Thread