TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Wisdom teeth - January 17th 2012, 09:41 PM

I think mine are coming out. Every now and then the skin around them gets irritated... right now on the bottom right side of my mouth, it's aching as if I got punched in the face really hard. Sore as hell.

I'll probably go see my GP first since that's free and easy to organise for me, and then see the dentist soon enough... but until I do, is there anything that can ease this pain? I can't really move my jaw without it aching.

Ibupofren and paracetamol fail to bring much relief. Anything better out there? Bonjela doesn't work either.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Wisdom teeth - January 17th 2012, 11:23 PM

I was going to suggest taking Ibuprofin. It's what has helped me since my wisdom teeth are coming in. Try an oral gel mouth numbing type thing. Like oragel. You just put it right on the spot that's aching, and it eases the pain. Or trying some form of milder pain killers would work too.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
aloharocker Offline
writer
Average Joe

Name: Steffani

Re: Wisdom teeth - January 18th 2012, 02:33 AM

Mine are coming in too, one broke skin already so I know the feeling. I found using some mouth wash helped and not eating anything spicy or crunchy until it feels better.

If you need someone to talk to, my PM box is always open.

I've been a member of TeenHelp on and off since I was 16.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Wisdom teeth - January 18th 2012, 11:31 AM

I would suggest Ibuprofen. The usualy dosage is 2 at a time, but you can take 3 and still be fine. 3 is the normal dosage a doctor would prescribe for this or any other mild pain.

Orajel might help. You can also call your doctor or dentist to let them know and they might prescribe you something mild over the phone.

Sucking on ice can be very helpful as well.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Wisdom teeth - January 18th 2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape_thereal_world View Post
I would suggest Ibuprofen. The usualy dosage is 2 at a time, but you can take 3 and still be fine. 3 is the normal dosage a doctor would prescribe for this or any other mild pain.

Orajel might help. You can also call your doctor or dentist to let them know and they might prescribe you something mild over the phone.

Sucking on ice can be very helpful as well.
Thnx for reminding... sucking on ice is great actually, I've done it before. Just forgot about it.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Lottie Offline
Retro TH'er- since 2007.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Lottie

Re: Wisdom teeth - January 18th 2012, 01:42 PM

If you can go to your chemist get hold of some Orajel. It is the best thing ever. It has a local anaesthetic which is fantastic for numbing the painful areas I loved it when my wisdom teeth came through.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
TheBabyEater Offline
With A Sprinkle Of Cinnamon
I've been here a while

Name: Marissa

Re: Wisdom teeth - January 18th 2012, 03:10 PM

My boyfriend just had his wisdom teeth removed, and wasn't in too much pain at all once he got them out. He didn't even swell up like he was supposed to.

If Ibuprofen doesn't work, try other pain meds like Advil and Tylenol, though they're all pretty much the same thing. Like has been said, it says to take two, but a doctor would prescribe three. Ice helps, as you said. Other than that, there's not much I know of that you can do. Just head on over to the dentist and be ready to eat soft food for a week or two.

Take me seriously.
I dare you.

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBabyEater 
Closed Thread