TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Paix et Amour Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

healthy eating - January 19th 2012, 11:03 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

ive been going back and forth between very low calories (i have basically self diagnosed EDNOS but yeah) and healthy, to binging. im trying again to eat healthy.

any tips?

im already pescetarian (vegetarian but i eat fish) and i eat whole grain bread, no white bread or rice or anything, i drink tons of water (10-14 cups a day usually), i dont drink much of anything with sugar aside from the occasional cup of coffee or diet soda (sometimes normal soda but rarely), my breakfast is generally eggs (or egg whites) with toast and veggie sausage patties or veggie bacon, i take cinnamon pills (metabolism boost) and take multivitamins, i get somewhat regular exercise, but if im hurting a lot i skip it (i have bad knees, bad back, and a nad neck, i could risk damage if i push too hard) and my workouts are either stationary bike (no resistance because of my knees but i go somewhat fast, my average speed is like 11 or 12 i think) walking (14-15 minute mile average i think) and yoga, boxing, etc on wii fit. i also sometimes lift very light weights (5 lb).

any ideas of basic plans for weight loss? i need to lose a good bit of weight, hopefully somewhat fast but as long as it doesnt take like more than a year i dont care that much

Last edited by Rob; January 21st 2012 at 05:42 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to Paix et Amour Send a message via Skype™ to Paix et Amour 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: healthy eating - January 20th 2012, 12:52 PM

Hey Sarah, first I wanted to let you know, I edited out the specifics of your meals due to it being like a food diary. You should still be able to get some great advice with what is left in your post

Now, as for losing weight quickly? Not healthy. You say you want to do it healthily, but losing weight fast is not. Now everything you are eating is not healthy to live off of. You are not getting the nutrients you need. You need a balanced diet.

Now eating whole grains over white, is wonderful. Do that everytime you have a sandwich or something. Cutting out sugar is great too. Eggs are healthy. Bacon is fine on occasion, but overall it's not as healthy as sausage. If you can find some turkey or chicken sausage that isn't cured, then that is definitely more healthy than bacon.

You absolutely need to eat more than this though. Going to the doctor and asking about how to eat healthy is one way. Another is to just look online. You can still eat all the things you love, just in smaller proportions alongside the healthier foods and STILL lose weight. As long as you exercise and eat the right proportions.

I highly suggest you start a healthier diet. Add vegetables and fruits into your diet. Add some meats. Chicken. Steak. Ham. Especially fish. Great for maintaining or losing weight and has several health benefits.

Add salads. Oatmeal (oats and then add in brown sugar, fresh fruits, etc - not prepackaged oatmeal). Have a small bowl of ice cream (roughly two scoops). This way, you won't be as likely to binge. If you can cut off all junk food, great. Otherwise, it IS okay to have small proportions.

I've read eating a large breakfast and small lunch and dinner can help lose weight. This is because breakfast is first thing in the morning and you will be less likely to snack often throughout the day, as well as being active more after breakfast so you work off a lot of it.

I hope this helps some.

Last edited by escape_thereal_world; January 20th 2012 at 08:22 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Paix et Amour Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: healthy eating - January 20th 2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape_thereal_world View Post
Bacon is fine on occasion, but overall it's not as healthy as sausage. If you can find some turkey or chicken sausage that isn't cured, then that is definitely more healthy than bacon.
and its not normal bacon. im pescetarian, its veggie bacon.

thanks though. did you have to edit everything though?
  Send a message via MSN to Paix et Amour Send a message via Skype™ to Paix et Amour 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MindBodySpirit Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Not Michael

Re: healthy eating - January 21st 2012, 05:02 AM

If you have a self-diagnosed EDNOS, I'd talk to a doctor about that while asking for other help. Fish and fish oils are great to have. Also, having a very low calorie diet is not healthy, especially for a growing person.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: healthy eating - January 21st 2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paix et Amour View Post
and its not normal bacon. im pescetarian, its veggie bacon.

thanks though. did you have to edit everything though?
Unfortunately with the detailed eating habits and how much you eat of each, how much you exercise, etc. it comes off as a food diary. So, I couldn't figure out how to generalize it so I did feel I needed to edit that portion out. Feel free to ask me to put a general bit of information in there if you can think of something I apologize for the inconvenience. And if you have any further questions, PM me about it.

And as for that bacon...then that's good
Since you are pescetarian, you could definitely eat seafood to help balance your diet a bit more. Fish, Tuna, Crab, etc. All of those are great for you as long as you don't soak them in butter.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Paix et Amour Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: healthy eating - February 2nd 2012, 04:33 PM

hmmm i just have a hard time controling my diet
Closed Thread