TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ikillamonster Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jessica

I'm crazy! - April 6th 2012, 05:44 AM

I've been diagnosed with depression, SAPD and hulicinations. My biggest problem right now is with spiders. I constantly feel spiders on me. I don't see them I just feel them. It makes me jump and hit my pants Ect. I freak out. It's so scary especially considering my biggest fear is spiders in particular. I just don't know what to do. I can't go back to my doctor because I think I've made him mad at me and I'm just tired of freaking out all day. Can anyone offer advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: I'm crazy! - April 6th 2012, 01:41 PM

I am sorry, but I have never heard of SAPD. Mind explaining what it is? Also, what causes your hallucinations? You rarely get diagnosed with that. That's more of a symptom caused by something.

Go to your doctor. I doubt he is mad. Doctors are very good with dealing with people. Your doctor is the only one who can help. Hallucinations are nothing to brush off nor are they anything to mess around with. They require therapy to find out why you are having them, and ways to cope with them. As well as medicine if you so desire to try any.

If you are just that uncomfortable going back, find a new doctor.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: I'm crazy! - April 6th 2012, 08:36 PM

I'm also at a loss for what SAPD is, unless you meant SADD? Hallucinations by themselves are symptoms of a psychotic disorder. There are different types of hallucinations and delusions, but no matter the type, immediate therapy is required. There are only a few types I can think of that are actual syndromes. You can either return to the doctor to become more comfortable with him since you probably have only seen him once or twice. Alternatively, you can see a different doctor who you are more comfortable with. Either option is perfectly fine because in order to receive successful therapy, you want to ensure you feel comfortable with those treating you.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ikillamonster Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm crazy! - April 7th 2012, 01:40 AM

SAPD- Social anxiety personality disorder. And my doctor sent me off to a hospital and I left and didn't stay as long as I was suppose to....I am not sure what to do here. I am very bad at taking medications. If you tell yourself something losing enough your body adapts to that. It is your subconscious mind and I or someone has me believing medications do not work so whenever I take medicine the effect doesn't register in my body because my mind believes it wont work.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ikillamonster Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm crazy! - April 7th 2012, 01:43 AM

And the delusions I was diagnosed with is just from a chemical imbalance in my brain. I just feel spiders and sometimes see stuff at night. But everyone can make figures out of shadows. But I can't go to school because SAPD I physically get sick being around people. At least a certain number of people. So I have to teach myself. It's all really ridiculous.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: I'm crazy! - April 7th 2012, 02:36 AM

I'd really like to encourage you to see a doctor. As Kelly said, hallucinations aren't things to be messed with. Also, if your SAPD is causing such difficulties in your life, it would be wise to seek medical attention. Whether you go to your current doctor or a new doctor is unimportant. What is important is that you are able to get the care that you need to be able to live normally, whether that be medicine, therapy, or something else.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Breathe~me Offline
Average Joe

Name: Janine

Re: I'm crazy! - April 7th 2012, 05:37 AM

If the medication you have tried doesn't work try different types - everyone reacts different to different medications . I've been diagnosed with depression last year , i absolutely hated taking anti-depressants but i told myself the only way i was going to be able to get off them was fix myself and make myself a stronger person & i did it so now here i am ; i still have depression but instead of suffering from depression im fighting it . My main point is BELIEVE in yourself , You will Become STRONGER if you do , Instead of letting fear dominant your life FACE IT if you feel a spider and its not there DON'T JUMP ignore it , think about something else or simply just laugh it off TELL YOURSELF IT ISN'T THERE .

~ Words scar, Rumors destroy and bullies kill ~
~ I'm just another nobody.
~ You can't tell how much suffering is on a face that's always smiling </3
~ Be my friend.
hold me.
wrap me up.
unfold me.
I am small and needy.
Warm me up and breathe me.

❤❤❤
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe to me on Youtube <3 http://www.youtube.com/user/xJustAnotherNobodyx1
Or follow me on DeviantArt
http://lostinfragility.deviantart.com/
  Send a message via MSN to Breathe~me  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: I'm crazy! - April 7th 2012, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikillamonster View Post
SAPD- Social anxiety personality disorder. And my doctor sent me off to a hospital and I left and didn't stay as long as I was suppose to....I am not sure what to do here. I am very bad at taking medications. If you tell yourself something losing enough your body adapts to that. It is your subconscious mind and I or someone has me believing medications do not work so whenever I take medicine the effect doesn't register in my body because my mind believes it wont work.
I haven't found any scientific papers or websites of social anxiety personality disorder, so do you mean avoidant personality disorder? Each person will have different side-effects they experience from taking a medication. Psychotherapy can be just as effective as taking medications for certain disorders only, such as depression, however, most medications will affect your body regardless of what you think will happen. The physiological mechanisms are rarely, if ever, affected by your thoughts of what you expect will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikillamonster View Post
And the delusions I was diagnosed with is just from a chemical imbalance in my brain.
Is this something that you concluded on your own or something that your doctor told you?

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread