TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TK Redfern Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: TK

My Best Friend Thinks I have a problem - April 24th 2012, 10:48 AM

I have been taking speed pills all school year to stay awake with my busy schedule since I havent been getting much sleep lately. I didn't think it was that big of a deal since I was just poppin pills. A couple of days ago I ran out and its been a long slow crash for me coming down, and because I transferd schools I can't get anymore. Yesterday one of my friends asked me what was wrong and I told him. He asked me how I felt and I told him then he made me swear to stop taking the pills. He kept saying that it doesnt take much to get addicted to coke. And from the way I looked and felt I might have a problem. I havent had much sleep in the past 2 weeks and caffeine pills and energy drinks arent wrking anymore. I don't need the pills they just are what works best. I cant focus without them and nothing I try works as good bc everything else has a crash way to early or I have to take a lot to get the boost I need then I cant stop the crash like I can do with the pills. Im not addicted because I havent been taking them for 2 days and still functioning but barely bc of a lack of sleep. At leastt with the pills I didnt have to sleep I could work the entire night and be fine. I just need what works best. I don't know what to do now. I feel like Im gonna just lose control at any minute bc im so on edge.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Silvia Offline
Average Joe

Name: Silvia

Re: My Best Friend Thinks I have a problem - April 24th 2012, 04:51 PM

Hey,

first of all, it is CRUCIAL that you let your body and mind rest, and the only way is by sleeping... I don't know if you have an addiction problem or not, but i strongly advice you to take a good sleep everyday, because otherwise your whole body can collapse... It may seem useless but it is as important as eating or breathing!

Closed Thread