TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
courtneylove321 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Courtney

Is this right????? Help???? - May 28th 2012, 02:15 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So im pretty sure this is the right forum to put this in, but anyways, i recently finished this book. Its called Lucy In The Sky. Its like another book, Go Ask Alice. Both are diaries of girls and their lifes with drugs and such. They are really great books. Anyways, reading these, it shows all the parties and such that the girls went to and all the drugs they took while there and such. Everytime i read these books, I find myself thinking "I want to have this much fun. I want to actuallly DO something." and etc, etc. I WANT to try all these kind of drugs and be able to party like this. I grew up kind of sheltered so i never have had the chance to, and sometimes im thankful for that, but other times i find myself wishing i could try all of that like other people are. I cant really explain it. Even seeing this typed out makes me feel incredibly crazy. But the best i can put it is i want to try this stuff to see what its like, even though i know of all the bad stuff that could happen. is this normal? and can i get over this?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Is this right????? Help???? - May 28th 2012, 03:08 AM

It's normal to want to experiment.

That doesn't make it a good idea, however.
If you do want to try these things, at least wait until you're older, say between 18 and 25, because then it has less of a chance of affecting your development. Also, find out as much as you can about ALL the side-effects of whatever you want to try, including the potential for addiction - which with many illegal drugs is incredibly high, which is part of why they're illegal. Think about if you've ever experienced any symptoms of mental illness - if you have, experimenting with drugs is dangerous. Incredibly so.

But aside from that, I advocate being educated, and waiting until you are of an age that would allow you to do things such as drink alcohol before trying other drugs.

Just remember there's always a risk, and right now you are still (whether you want to hear it or not) quite young, your body and your mind are still developing, so it's best to wait. And after you've waited, you know, trying these things might not seem like such a good idea after all.

But in answer to your general question, yes, wanting to experiment is normal.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Zedd Offline
sad
Not a n00b

Re: Is this right????? Help???? - May 28th 2012, 07:20 AM

To party all you need is to chill with some friends, with some lemonade, and listen to some good ol' fashioned Bob Marley.

Substance use usually leads to doing pretty stupid things at parties anyway, as well as basically ruining your life if you do them too much. My advice is just to stay away, and use my method of partying (At top).

(#4 (permalink)) Old
LSUfan85 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

Re: Is this right????? Help???? - June 5th 2012, 05:06 AM

As long as you are responsible and smart about, experimenting with the SAFER substances isnt all a bad idea, just be careful and know your limits

(#5 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Is this right????? Help???? - June 5th 2012, 12:46 PM

Its normal, perfectly understandably so, to want to experiment. You see drug use advertised in TV and such, and it looks fun, I know. But the part no one shows you is the hidden hell. No one wants to be a drug user, much less an addict. Its fun at first when you're doing it with other people, but sooner or later you will start doing it alone. And you'll feel terrible about it.
So its normal. Don't worry anymore about that. As someone mentioned above, do yourself a favor and get educated- it never hurts. And please think, think, think about any decision you make to experiment with a controlled substance.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
courtneylove321 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Courtney

Re: Is this right????? Help???? - June 5th 2012, 10:36 PM

thank you guys..

(#7 (permalink)) Old
LSUfan85 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

Re: Is this right????? Help???? - June 9th 2012, 03:54 AM

INTOXICATION , is right. First you will smoke with friends, and if you dont ditch the habit you will continue to use, even by yourself. Just weigh out each side, and chose.

Closed Thread