TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
RadkeLover Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Tyler

Still have urges to use. - July 21st 2012, 01:49 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I use to snort adderall around 2 years ago but some crazy stuff happened and im clean now, but i still get the urges to use anything, adderall, sometimes i get the crazy urge to like try heroin or something just to get something dangerous in my system, i know how bad these drugs are but i just dont care, so iv started drinking a lot more just to get rid of the feeling. and i smoke weed a lot more but its just not helping, its almost as if i miss being an addict, i dont know what to do,

What is love? I lost the meaning long ago.
  Send a message via AIM to RadkeLover Send a message via MSN to RadkeLover Send a message via Skype™ to RadkeLover 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Still have urges to use. - July 21st 2012, 07:53 PM

I am dealing with the same feeling as well. I think of it this way: I wouldn't want to create signs of a mental illness by using drugs. I want to keep my mental health healthy. It can make it worse if you are dealing with mental health issues.

I doesn't help that our nabours smoke weed. I've always wanted to try weed.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Soliloquitious Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Still have urges to use. - July 27th 2012, 08:57 PM

From vast experience with weed and hard alcohol, I can tell you when you look back at all the money you've wasted on false pleasure, you severely regret it. In 4 years I've smoked without any exaggeration near a pound of herb, several grams of wax which is basically weed turned into crack and drank gallon after gallon of liquor. To think of the things I could've done with alll that time and money in a sober mindset still infuriates me to this day. If you use sparingly only during social occasions that's perfectly acceptable, but never allow yourself to be bested by drugs.

False hope is no better than dire truth.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
shebby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shelby

Re: Still have urges to use. - July 29th 2012, 04:18 PM

Its in your head. Really, you just have to have the self-control. You've gotta tell yourself that you don't need it and really mean it. You have to know that its a huge waste of money. I've smoked crack and weed. Crack a good 5 times, and never once have I had the urge to do it again(even though they try to teach us that its one of the most addicting drugs out there in school). That's bullshit. I'm just not stupid, and I know I don't need it. Its also expensive as all hell. -.-' as for weed, I just hated that shit in general, its a shitty boring high. Drinking, I can't really help you there. I still take whatever I can get when it comes to alcohal, but I don't go out and spend a ridiculous amount of money on it every day.
I hope I helped, idk though. (:

She was like the moon; part of her was always hidden.

Closed Thread