TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ab123 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Alex

Points: 8,069, Level: 13 Points: 8,069, Level: 13 Points: 8,069, Level: 13

Dealing with my problem with alcohol - July 22nd 2012, 07:26 AM

I would say I'm addicted or an alcoholic but I'm often depressed and found out alcohol is the only thing that helps me forget about my problems and relax for once. When ever I'm depressed and go grab a beer and I forget about my depression. Ik this is not a good thing tO do but it's the only thing that works. Ik this could lead me to having a serious substance problem. I'm so depressed that I'll do anything for a few hours of not being sad lonley and depressed.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAnna Offline
Anna Banana
Average Joe

Name: Anna

Points: 8,107, Level: 13 Points: 8,107, Level: 13 Points: 8,107, Level: 13

Re: Dealing with my problem with alcohol - July 30th 2012, 12:12 AM

Hey there,

It's sounds like an awful situation and I was in a similar one not too long ago, but I used drugs instead, but now, I've learnt to control my urges and so can you! You don't have to turn to alcohol to feel better and it's so good you've realised that it isn't the best idea, this is the first step in getting better.

First, if your mind thinks you need alcohol then give it 'alcohol', what I mean is, try non-alcoholic beer or wine, if you think your mind will not accept it get a friend or family member to switch it. This would also be a great opportunity to get help, believe me, it's not easy to get better alone, I know you said that you're not addicted but it's really easy to become addicted.

Alcohol is actually a depressant, so while you think it makes you relax it makes you more depressed which will lead to more alcohol, which leads to deeper depression. There's other ways/methods to relax, once you've found one you can train your mind to associate that method with relaxation your mind will not need alcohol.

I hope I helped, PM me if you want to talk about anything, stay strong.
Anna

I am not afraid to keep on living
I am not afraid to walk this world alone

(#3 (permalink)) Old
zlfnb Offline
of course she's screwed
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Zola LeBlanc

Points: 7,381, Level: 12 Points: 7,381, Level: 12 Points: 7,381, Level: 12

Re: Dealing with my problem with alcohol - August 9th 2012, 06:06 AM

Story of my life. I fell into major depression in my early teens, and went to alcohol for help. Now, I struggle constantly with the repercussions.

I'd say stop now while you still can. Try talking to someone you can confide in.
Closed Thread