TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chewy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Druggie at 12 - September 6th 2012, 11:51 AM

Hey, My name is Skye and I'm 12 yrs old. I smoke and use drugs. I don't think that I can stop anymore. It started out as a bit of fun, and ended up as an addiction. I smoke weed, heroin and pot, and i also huff. I need help, and I don't know how to stop.

Any advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: Druggie at 12 - September 6th 2012, 02:40 PM

Well, I'll put aside my shock, and say this: well done for recognising that you've got a problem and coming to get help.

I would firstly question where you got the drugs and cigarettes. Whilst it's not probably safe for you to try and stop the supply yourself, I'd suggest talking to an adult that you trust implicitly to keep things anonymous.
This could be a parent, a teacher at school - or even a counsellor.
The latter is perhaps one of the best options as a counsellor will also be able to get you help to stop using the drugs.

Just to check, I wonder whether you might do OK trying to not use the drugs.
Naturally, I doubt that will work, so immediately start trying to cut down on your usage.
Gradually go a little bit longer without using the drugs, in addition to getting professional help.

If you want to talk a bit more, or just want some support whilst you get over your addictions, feel free to talk to me via PM - we're roughly the same age!

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Druggie at 12 - September 6th 2012, 11:15 PM

You won't beat a heroin addiction without professional help.

You've gone past the point of "cold turkey", and instead you need to go and get rehabilitation.

You need to stop this destructive behavior and seek help.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#4 (permalink)) Old
joeblow9999 Offline
I'm back! (sorta)
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Druggie at 12 - September 6th 2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKmadu619 View Post

You've gone past the point of "cold turkey", and instead you need to go and get rehabilitation.

This.

If it were just tobacco and weed you were doing, quitting would be comparatively insignificant, heroin on the other hand is a different story. Heroin is probably the worst drug that one can put in their body and thus you generally need to be in a hospital environment with a doctor in order to quit.

Feel free to leave me a VM anytime, I don't bite. :3

“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday, and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.” ---Neil deGrasse Tyson

(#5 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Druggie at 12 - September 6th 2012, 11:40 PM

Exactly. Once you've reached cocaine, meth or heroin, you're beyond "just getting through it".

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Peach_Out:. Offline
pain demands to be felt
Average Joe

Name: Dominick Joseph

Re: Druggie at 12 - September 19th 2012, 04:42 AM

MY JAW IS ON THE FLOOR im so sorry but i hope you get better soon

" Blue hydrangea, cold cash, divine, cashmere, cologne and white sunshine."

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Druggie at 12 - September 19th 2012, 03:30 PM

It's unfortunate some people are forced to grow up faster then others. To be honest drugs are a dead end street, people that use them often self medicate for some reason or another. Drugs are the devils gateway to your mind, that sounds corrupt and rude to say but its true. These past few weeks have been my peak of drug abuse and I can tell you I've been clean for about 3 days since then, never again will I use. I saw a different side of me that wasn't friendly.

At the age of 13 I can only imagine how these hard drugs would affect the growing mind. They will not leave you the same, your brain will not think or act the same after prolonged usage. Prolonged use could mean twice, because your still growing. Everyones body is diffident I don't think you understand exactly what your getting yourself into.

Do yourself a favour and quit, no booze or drugs - its your life - your decision.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: Druggie at 12 - September 26th 2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKmadu619 View Post

That's a big generalisation that simply is not true. However, in your position Chewy, it is most definitely the best course of action. You're extremely young and your family/parents/carers must of noticed a difference in your behavior, I imagine they will be expressing concern for you, reach out to that and discuss your situation with them.

If you don't feel as though you can talk to your family then there are many support groups and charities/societies which will happily lend an ear and aid you in finding professional help in your area. A simple Google search will help you find these people.

One can only wonder where a 12 year old gets the money to finance such an extreme habit... I sincerely hope you're paying in a sensible fashion and not opening yourself to a whole other disastrous world.

These drugs will destroy you. You're very young and the long term effects will be much more dramatic on your growing body. This will have huge effects on your adult life, which you might not see much of if you don't walk away now.

Your age gives you time to change, you're still fresh and open to new directions, don't feel like you're stuck in that place because you're not. Reach out to your local drug help centres and they'll lead you in the right direction.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
I am just so me.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Michael

Re: Druggie at 12 - October 1st 2012, 08:29 AM

Hi chewy, well although you most likely don't want to hear this i'll let you know something. The weed and the cig's, you can quit those on your own no problem. But the Horse (heroin), you need to go to a rehab center for that. If you've been using long enough go straight to the professional's, because you will get very sick if you try to quit that cold turkey. They will most likely give you Subutex, which will ween you off of it and you will be clean. But if you had been using long enough (I used for 2 years and doubt they will do this with you, because your probably using 1/10th of the dose I was using) they will give you Methadone.
Trust in yourself and you can get through it! With love,
Mike

Closed Thread