TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Teddscau Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Robyn

Is She Using? - November 2nd 2012, 01:27 AM

Okay, so I'm totally blind when it comes to telling if someone's high. They could be reeking of pot, acting all giddy, and have bloodshot eyes, but I wouldn't even consider the possibility of them being high! So, I need your help. There's a girl in two of my classes that I really like, but I'm worried about her. She sleeps a lot during class and misses a LOT of school. She just came to my school this year and I don't think she has many friends. The people she hangs out with are...I guess you'd call them "rejects" (learning disabilities, I think a couple of others might be lesbians, or are just into the "punk" look or something). She seems great and we're friendly with one another, and she seems to like me (in a heterosexual way). On Monday, I chatted briefly with her a bit in fourth and asked her about a doctor's appointment she had last Thursday for her stomach cyst. The doctors are going to wait and see and blah blah blah. Tuesday, I saw her with her friends at lunch, but she didn't show up for third or fourth. She wasn't here Wednesday either, or today. She's only shown up for less than half of school. She's must have missed Native Studies at least (I suck at estimating) fifteen times. And she sleeps must of the two classes we have together.

Yesterday, I got a very bad feeling about it. While I was doing my homework in guidance after school on Wednesday, I heard two of the guidance teachers talking about a girl. They were talking in low voices, so I didn't catch everything. The one was talking about how she was called into a classroom by a substitute because of one of the girls. She said she was obviously on something, and that she was laying on the floor. She said she asked her about it and she just smiled or something. They were talking about how she slept during class a lot and missed school. They were talking about how she loved this one class (I think they might have been talking about art). They said a bunch of other stuff too, but I never caught a name. I'm worried that it might be the girl that I was talking about, because she sleeps during class, misses a lot of school, and likes art a lot. I know I've wrote a lot, and it's probably not her, but I'm kind of worried. I doubt anyone will reply, but any thoughts?

Last edited by Teddscau; November 2nd 2012 at 01:53 AM.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Resource Editor

I can't get enough

Re: Is She Using? - November 2nd 2012, 11:42 PM

I would talk to her and ask her how she is doing, ask her in a general conversation when no one is around so she doesn't feel scared that others may hear her. The symptoms you were describing may be something else and it may be from her being high who knows. She needs a friend like you Tedscau.

Over hearing the teachers talk about another student is hard because it maybe be a different student they were referring to or it may be her. I have some suggestions and it's up to you if you would like to use them or not.

Try to talk to her and whatever she tells you don't tell other in less she is about to hurt someone or hurt herself to the point of death then tell someone. You need to make sure she trusts you and that she can feel safe.

If your really worried about her you can speak with a guidance counselor.

Be there for your friend, she needs you, I bet she needs some support and maybe a shoulder to lean on to.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Is She Using? - November 3rd 2012, 12:47 AM

I don't think it means she's high - she might just have depression or another mental health problem and does not get much sleep during the night so often sleeps in class etc ? Talk to her ask if she is okay and if she wants to hang out sometime.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Teddscau Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Robyn

Re: Is She Using? - November 11th 2012, 06:35 PM

Turns out she's facing issues at home. Her bipolar mom's been "missing" for two weeks, shacking up with her boyfriend in Toronto (sorry, but this is the nicest way I can put it). My friend's been eating instant noodles for the past week. She's planning on moving to Toronto to live in a homeless shelter after this semester. Her mom keeps telling her how she's a burden and keeps calling her a dyke and other nasty things. Apparently, people at my school are being a$$holes to her too. Honestly, my new friend is one of the nicest, most awesome people I've ever met! I'm going to try to get her help and convince her to stay in town, attending my school. I'm going to be as supportive, friendly, and loving as I can be.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
poeticviolin88 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is She Using? - November 14th 2012, 04:18 PM

have to talk to guidance teacher because they refer he to social worker which can help her with housing and food.she should prob talk to someone at school so she can get help..

Closed Thread