TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Des1615 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Des

Smoking - January 23rd 2013, 11:13 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to put this in so feel free to move it.

Anyways well I smoked a few times and I did it in the bathroom which is a huge mistake but I was desperate. I feel guilty. I try to get the smell out, by spray, axe, brushing my teeth, but still. I really hope the smell is out by now, if not my mom will smell it and I would be so in trouble. What should I do even if I get in trouble? I won't smoke again haha!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: Smoking - January 24th 2013, 07:25 PM

Sorry for the time it's taken to get back to you - it's probably too late now, or you're fine.

Firstly, Don't. Do. It. Again.

Right, with that out of the way...that's it. Just spray some air freshner in there if you need to .

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
i_like_black Offline
Awesomesauce.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess

Re: Smoking - January 24th 2013, 07:42 PM

If your bathroom has windows, open them to air it out.

Nearly everybody I know who smokes (including myself) smoke exclusively outside, because honestly, nobody wants that smell in their house.

If you get in trouble, or have got in trouble, just be honest. Tell them that you wanted to try it, tell them why you wanted to try it, and make sure you understand the massive associated health-risks.

And definitely don't do it again. At least wait until you are an appropriate age to buy your own. By which stage you probably will have decided you like your body enough to not want to ruin it with nicotine addiction.

Honestly, a lot of teenagers try tobacco smoking at some stage, it's not unusual, you just have to accept that there are consequences for your actions, and live with that. Good luck.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Smoking - January 25th 2013, 10:19 PM

Well, I used to smoke for like a few months one summer and then every once in a while for about a year afterwards if I was with friends who smoked (probably still would on the occasional time to time depending on who I am with). I was never addicted so I just sort of randomly stopped. But in any case, it smelled in my moms car and I told her that my friend was smoking and leaning against the car at the park a few times and we'd left the doors/windows open, which was technically true, that's what happened, only I failed to mention that she wasn't the only one doing it... I think she might have suspected I was lying but she never called me on it... If something like that would be viable, go with it (say if a friend could of smoked outside right near the open window or something)... But otherwise, you might just want to come clean and explain what a stupid mistake it was and take what ever the punishment is for doing so.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Des1615 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Des

Re: Smoking - February 3rd 2013, 03:08 AM

Thank you, I was close getting caught be the smell was gone, had to use a lot of bounty sheets and spray lol. Yes I stopped after that.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Corrie

Re: Smoking - February 3rd 2013, 05:18 AM

That's good that you didn't get in trouble, and that you are choosing to stop, before you get seriously addicted. As a Habit smoker for about 8 years now, I can tell you it sucks. I brush, mouth wash, wash my hands after every ciggy to get rid of the smell.

Yes, most smokers will only smoke outside, to make sure the smell doesn't linger in the house / car, because once it's in, its hard to get out.

Its also a very hard strain on the wallet, depending on your State, its worse the others.

Hope you the best, if you ever want to talk about "Smoking" you can talk to me about it,
~Corrie

Closed Thread