TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Haruhi Offline
Kpop Fan ~
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jorddii

I'm a drug abuser. - March 14th 2013, 06:18 PM

When this became a problem, and why I do not know. But I've been dependent on drugs for a long time. I can't go a whole day without getting high off of something.

I have been taking drugs since last Summer. It started as fun on a weekend but then I hooked up with this guy and we took speed everyday, and other drugs on a weekend. After one bad time on speed, I decided it was time to stop.
We split up shortly after due to his drug misuse. I was clean and free, but bored. I started saving up money and buying drugs as soon as I could for the fun, it's hard to remember but shortly after that I was doing speed, mephedrone, Ketamine and Weed constantly. I also started buying legal highs around this time. Then it hit December and shit really went wrong. I was completely unaware of who I was hurting, I was taking Cocaine, MDMA, speed and drinking heavily and taking any random things I could get my hands on. Then 2013 hit and I decided it was time to take control back of my life.
After this decision, I ended up looking into prescription drugs, which I knew were lying around, I started taking gabapentin, which had an amazing effect, and codeine on a daily basis. I also started buying legal highs.

3 months later and I'm still as bad as I was last year.
I recently sold my friend's laptop to buy legal highs and I stole the last of his prescription drugs.

I'm being referred to someone to talk too about my problem. Anyone have any experience of this?
& what do I do? Should I go to rehab or..?

Someone please help me make the right steps forward. I really wanna get clean of everything!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
THE FAPMAN Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mr. Fap

Re: I'm a drug abuser. - March 14th 2013, 08:29 PM

Well, I only use easy drugs (weed) but I can say that if youre fine with your friends knowing youre going to the rehab and all, i would suggest rehab... That will be the easiest method (rehabilitation facilities are much more secure than normal rehab), but im not saying it will be easy. It wont... They will give you less and less drugs over time, but you will have crysis after crysis, and it wont be pretty. Thats why i encourage to get some support from your family and friends. But they have to really care about you, because if you go to the rehab facility you will literally beg them to bring you some drugs. Im not trying to scare you, thats what drugs are. Thats just how things are. Once again, i suggest a rehabilitation facility because (as i already said) its a control enviorment. There are special medical people that will help you. They are cold blooded so you will try to ask them more srugs, but they wont give you. Some of them are very friendly, and some will even come overtime to make you company if you dont have outside support. My friend was there, but unfortunatley, i cant say who he is or can you step in contact with him because he wont talk to anyone about this.
You really wanna get clean? Its easy to get clean in the body, get clean in the mind, and it will be a piece of cake... I know some other stuff about rehabs but i cant discuss them here, you can PM (private message) me if you want, ill be happy to help...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Re: I'm a drug abuser. - March 17th 2013, 06:02 PM

I am not quite sure how drug rehabilitation programs work in England. But, if that is an option to you, I highly recommend that you try that, particularly if you can get into an in-patient program. Drug abuse is a nasty combination of physical and mental addiction and overcoming that takes a lot of work and dedication. With an in-patient program, you will be forced to look at what got you to this point, how you can overcome it and have the support of people who have been through what you have been through. If you truly want to turn your life around, I think this is the best route. Like I said, it’s going to be a lot of hard work, but I know you can do it.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I'm a drug abuser. - March 19th 2013, 05:51 PM

I agree with Lizzie, it would be a good idea to go because addiction is hard to kick what with it's power over your mental and physical abilities. A lot of the rehab centres (in North America) allow people to go stay there. I know there are really good ones that will even take care of any reasons why you use (ex. codependency) and it would be worth checking it out... I've known people who have gone to rehab and it's really not a big deal, they found it to be a rewarding experience and are grateful to have "gotten clean" and grateful for the help because they couldn't do it on their own... In-patient places as Lizzie mentioned are my best suggestion

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread