TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PurpleMoon Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Billie

Points: 12,687, Level: 16 Points: 12,687, Level: 16 Points: 12,687, Level: 16

Passing on addiction to something else - August 29th 2013, 10:11 PM

I used to have a addiction to SHing I have gone a few months with out it so far but I have realised that I am getting an addiction to pain killers it was just neurofen and ibuprofen but its getting more then that because now I take stronger stuff like co codamol and tremadol which are both stronger pain killers.

Can anyone give me some advice to deal with this before it gets worse?
I have stopped taking them and I’m going to try not to take anything.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Memento mori - Remember you must die

Memento Vivere - Remember to live

Carpe diem - Seize the Day

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -Andre Gide
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Passing on addiction to something else - August 30th 2013, 06:59 PM

Do you mind my asking what this has to do with passing an addiction on to someone else? Are you pregnant? Or do you have people with addictions in your family???

I think that the best way to get over it, to start, depends on you, like you need to be willing to change things in your life and have the determination to beat it. I know that I had a friend with some serious addiction issues and one thing that helped her was hanging out with with people like myself who could be a good influence for her because having good people in her life would inspire her to be better (ex. my being in university and what ever else vs. hanging out with other addicts who might tempt her)..... It also helped that she had a reason to "stay clean" that transended her need to cave. She has a son. Now I definitely don't think you should have a kid to fix the situation lol buuut I do think that finding something that you can remind yourself is more important will help. Like maybe you want to make it all about school or something (what you need to do to go to college etc.)

You can also seek out other options like counselling and stuff. You also need to be prepared for how mentally challenging it can be, but it'll be ok

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread