TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
i love you...<3
Average Joe

Unhappy ugh - May 2nd 2009, 05:46 PM

So my boyfriend does drugs, and he knows how much i hate drugs and alcohol... and he said he quit and stuff but like a week ago he told me he did it again. and it made me really sad, he said he went clean for like a month. but yeah i just wish there was a way i could help him stop... is there? =[

(#2 (permalink)) Old
stand under my umbrella
Average Joe

Name: mathew

Re: ugh - May 2nd 2009, 08:21 PM

the best way is to tell him how you feel and how it hurts u and affects you. ask if he will even go to drugs annonymous?, and if you want to go along to the meetings with him im sure you could, i did it with one of my closest friends a few years ago. the meetings helped so much, the people who help have such a great understanding of the person who is doing the drugs and the person who is very much effected by the drug user. hopefully this helped.

when i was 7 they said i was strange
i noticed that my eyes and hair werent the same
i asked my parents if i was ok
they said your more beautiful
and thats the way

"id rather be hated for who i am than loved for who im not"

why is everything with you soo complicated,
why do you make it hard to love you oh i hate it,
cuz if you really wanna be alone,
i throw my hands up cuz baby i tried,
everything with you is soo complicated!
  Send a message via MSN to come by rescue me  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: ugh - May 3rd 2009, 03:41 PM

What drugs does he do? Honestly, if you're 14, you don't need to be dating someone who does drugs if he's around the same age. That's a little ridiculous. You don't want to be around that type of drama when you're so young. If you guys were much older i'd say, hey stay around and be there for him, but I don't think you should. Not in a relationship type way anyway. This is his life though, and ultimately its your choice of whether or not you want to stay in this relationship. If you want to be in this with him, set some ground rules, like not doing drugs around you, or having him tell you whenever he does do the drugs.. etc. things like that.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: ugh - May 3rd 2009, 07:47 PM

Hey,

Drugs really aren't something you want in your life in any capacity. I would express to him that you really can't be with someone who is going to continue to abuse drugs. Based on his reaction I would decide whether or not to give him a second chance. If he does decide to try to quit he might have a few relapses and that is something you have to take into consideration when choosing to stay with him or not. If he shows no effort or desire to quit then I would leave him immediately. You don't need someone like him in your life. Basically he is choosing drugs over you and therefore showing you which is really more important. Depending on the severity of the situation I would tell an adult about his drug abuse if it continues. It might be a good idea to gather some information about the drugs he is abusing so that you can make an argument against them based on facts. I wish you the best of luck with everything. Remember that there are better guys out there. Take care and make good choices.

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
i love you...<3
Average Joe

Re: ugh - May 4th 2009, 10:02 PM

well he knows how much i dont like them, and he said hes really trying to stop.
and no i dont plan on dumping becuz of this becuz i really like him.

Closed Thread