TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Magda Offline
Magdalena Konopacka
Not a n00b

Name: Magdalena

i never thought I'd miss it. - May 2nd 2014, 08:46 PM

It has been over a year now when a "friend" of mine got me some pills. They were pink and made you calm, sometimes talkative and at peace. I can't remember the name but he got hold of them because his mum was talking them on prescription. When I decided to stop self harming, I threw all the pills away. Lately, stuff has been going down hill and I've been thinking a bit more about drugs and especially ones that can make me feel fine. I've tried other stuff since too, but I've refused to do it more than once. No one knows except my best friend and I don't want to do anything stupid yet there's this part of me that's urging me to find someone who can "help" me. What do i do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: i never thought I'd miss it. - May 2nd 2014, 10:24 PM

When we're at a stage of our life when things are taking its toll on us and we find something that finally takes away all our troubles, it's more than likely we'll want to keep taking it to help us get through our issues. One thing to remember is that whatever things you've tried, like the medication your friend's mum has via prescription, they are addressed to her, they are meant for her and only her because whatever they are, she obviously needs them. The issue with taking prescription medication not meant for you is that you can't always be sure of how your body will react or how they'll make you feel, sure those and whatever else you took make you feel a lot better and uplifted, but it doesn't mean to say it's going to be healthy for you.

The best thing I can suggest is that you listen to that part inside of you that's telling you to find someone who can help you, namely a doctor, and explain to them how you've been feeling. From there on they can help you work through your issues through either counselling, medication or a combination of both. If your doctor prescribes you some medication, make sure you're sensible with them. If you feel ok to handle them yourself then that's great but it's much better if you allow someone such as a parent or whoever looks after you to be your medication handler just in case of an accidental overdose or if you feel you want to take more at an unspecified time.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Magda Offline
Magdalena Konopacka
Not a n00b

Re: i never thought I'd miss it. - May 3rd 2014, 01:00 PM

I wouldnt mind much talking to my gp but I know my mum wouldn't want me to and I don't want her knowing about that I've tried stuff before. I want help and I want counselling but I don't know how to tell my mum.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Re: i never thought I'd miss it. - May 4th 2014, 12:32 AM

Has your mum said she doesn't want you to see your doctor? You can always explain to her that you're having a hard time coping with certain things in your life and you really need her to help support you by allowing you to see someone professionally and can help you with your troubles. You could always write her a letter or send her an email and include all your thoughts and feelings in it. Writing is a lot different to talking, the recipient will be more focused on what you're 'saying' and is less likely to interrupt. Your mum doesn't have to know you've tried things before. As much as you may want to be honest with your mum, holding back some of the truth from her won't hurt.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Magda Offline
Magdalena Konopacka
Not a n00b

Re: i never thought I'd miss it. - May 4th 2014, 08:55 AM

Yeah thx, I told her yesterday and she seems willing to get professional help yay!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Re: i never thought I'd miss it. - May 4th 2014, 04:39 PM

That's great news!

Closed Thread