TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AspenCO Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question I smoke pot. - August 29th 2014, 07:16 AM

So as the title says I do smoke pot. I don't smoke pot to escape my problems or to try to forget, but really to just have a good time. I'm entering sophomore year of high school and I have been smoking since the
Middle of freshman year, but my grades don't drop because I really pride myself on good grades. A lot of people ask me to come to parties and get drunk or try new drugs (ecstasy being the main drug) but I've never had the urge to try those things as I know the negative effects they cause, and smoking marijuana really just opens up my mind to new ideas. Really what I'm trying to ask is, does it seem like my marijuana use effects my life in a negative way?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Re: I smoke pot. - August 29th 2014, 09:01 AM

Hi there No, it doesn't seem like your use of marijuana is affecting your life in a negative way. But, it definitely can't be good for you either. How often do you smoke it? If it's something you do on a weekly (or daily) basis, it really isn't good for you, and things will almost certainly start going downhill in your adult hood. If you smoke it once a month, it still isn't good for you, but it's not so much of a concern. The big question is: are you addicted to it? If you are then really, really try to stay away from it.

Here's a couple of things I know marijuana can lead to (bare in mind that this is all that i know, so it's very likely to provoke more negative stuff as well):
It can cause mental instabilities such as delusion. My uncle was a marijuana smoker and he ended up in a psychiatric hospital for a month because he was becoming delusional.
It slowly makes your brain function slower and slower.
Like tobacco and alcohol, it makes you way more likely to die earlier.

Honestly, it doesn't seem like it's a problem for you, but really be careful that you don't become addicted to it.

Hope this helps

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Alex Vause Offline
Barbz <3
Not a n00b

Name: Bri

Smile Re: I smoke pot. - August 29th 2014, 02:38 PM

Hey, I smoke pot too. Basically for the same reasons you do, it doesn't effect my grades or anything, because I take my grades seriously like you. Pot doesn't seem to have a negative effectin your life,however,some words of advice to you are: 1) please do it carefully. 2) don't take pot from anyone because it can be laced with something,such as acid. 3)just because you smoke pot don't feel like you have to try the other drugs you are offfered.

"Do not Dwell in The past, Do not Dream of the Future, Concentrate the Mind on the Present moment."- Buddha

"A Life Spent Making Mistakes Is Not Only More Honorable, But More Useful Than A Life Doing Nothing." -George Bernard Shaw

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." -Robert Frost

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: I smoke pot. - August 29th 2014, 03:39 PM

I smoke weed too. It helps my anxiety and I just like the feeling of it. It has never effected my grades or anything either. I can give or take it. How often do you smoke it? Could you go for a month or so without smoking it? You don't seem to be addicted to it so I don't personally see it as a big problem. Just try to be careful with it.

I've never tried any other drugs. It doesn't have to be a "gateway" drug at all.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
AspenCO Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I smoke pot. - August 29th 2014, 06:10 PM

I smoke every few days. But I'd never consider doing other drugs. Too much of a risk.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I smoke pot. - August 30th 2014, 10:04 PM

I used to smoke pot. I also used to smoke cigarettes. I had to quit both cause it caused pain to my lungs. It would feel like they were burning, kind of like when you can't stop coughing but it's a dry cough. I have asthma so it really aggravated my lungs. Additionally, I have anxiety and ADHD. Soooo many people tell me that smoking weed will help cause I'll calm down (ADHD) and relax (anxiety) but all that would happen is that I'd have a full blown panic attack and feel like I was dying. Did you know that having pre existing mental health issues like anxiety, depression, ADHD and so on can increase your risk for having a psychotic break woke high? Even while on a "basic" drug like pot can accomplish this? I didn't know and when I stopped smoking weed I did it simply cause I didn't like how I felt and I didn't feel like having my lungs scorched out of existence. Then I found out about the psychosis and thought "thank god I quit"

Did it affect my grades? No. Did it affect my social life? No. But I don't think that necessarily makes it the right choice. Just because it didn't screw up my life doesn't mean it's good for me to be so numbed that all I want to do is sit on my couch and do nothing. This might appeal to some people but there has yet to be a circumstance in which I just want to sit and do nothing. Literally nothing. I want to care about what's on my tv or why I need to study etc.

It's not that I judge, but I saw little ways on which it impacted my life and behaviour that I didn't like and I have a hard time believing people when they say it has no affect on them just because there isn't some area that is spiralling out of control

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: I smoke pot. - August 30th 2014, 10:43 PM

Well, I use weed myself so I'm not going to judge you or anything for your choices.

However, if you're posting this thread asking this question what is it you're looking for? If you don't think it's affecting you then why are you asking if it seems like it is? In my experience if you're asking this then there's possibly some doubt in your mind.

People are right though, smoking it does affect your health even if you don't do it that often. I personally don't smoke it because of that reason so I think you should consider looking into other things you can do with it if you insist on continuing using it.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
weaved1 Offline
fruit loop
Average Joe

Name: --

Re: I smoke pot. - August 31st 2014, 12:36 PM

Hey bro, I'm a user of pot as well.. still am after being caught with it a few months ago. I'm an advocate of pot for medicinal and recreational uses to some degree but pot seems to be the precursor for some users turning into dopes who don't accomplish anything or something worse. I'm taking shots in the dark when consuming any substance because I got a knack for certain predispositions that many substances can aggravate but found that pot hasn't done much harm to me.. but I've seen people who've smoked pot all their lives and you don't wanna end up like them man.. just take it slow.. never go fast.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
THE FAPMAN Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mr. Fap

Re: I smoke pot. - September 4th 2014, 08:16 PM

I havent read the posts, but if you ask me, pot is great.
I smoke pot from time to time to chill but also so i can focus on one thing. THC resembles a natural molecule called anandamide, which our bodies produce. It reduces the refractory period of our neutrons so we can think more about a certain subject. So basically, it helps you focus. Not on learning though.
Anyways, pot really is a great plant. It is a tiny bit dangerous, it CAN be addictive, but as long as you dont abuse it you will be fine. About people making it illegal, thats just rubbish. I can stick a fork in my eye, should we make forks illegal?

Smoke pot if you think it doesnt affect your life on the negative side. By that i mean its taking money from your pocket that you needed for something else, if you need pot to function normally, if you NEED it, et cetera. If its just a tool or chillaxing after a bad day or a stressfull one, its doing its purpose. Making you relaxed, chilled and getting the bad energy out.
If you think youre abusing it, I'd advise some council with a professional.
Dont think you cant be addicted to pot. You can if youre not smart.

Good luck, have fun, and happy smoking

Closed Thread