TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Drunk at a Football Game-why no MIP? - September 21st 2014, 05:21 AM

So Im at college and I got SUPER trashed at a football game earlier, like I dont remember most of it. I do remember at one point that I was kinda wobbling up the steps, and an officer asked me how many drinks I had (I said not that many). If I remember right, he asked for my ID, which I showed him, then said Id be ok and I could see my brother so I walked up there.
I just had an OH SHIT moment. If I gave him my ID, could he have like written my ID number down, and done something with that? And why did he not do anything? No MIP? Nothing? He had a badge, it wasn't like a security officer, I think he was police.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Drunk at a Football Game-why no MIP? - September 21st 2014, 11:16 PM

I hate to break the bad news, but people don't usually come down hard on under aged drinkers. Unless you are being destructive. The real issue is HOW you got the alcohol, not that you drank it. Unless you were being bad ( ex. Public drinking, driving drunk etc.).

He could have done something and maybe you'll hear from him. Maybe you won't. But really, homecoming is soooo not the time that cops will nail every last under age drinker. If he remembers you the consequences will be minimal.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: Drunk at a Football Game-why no MIP? - September 22nd 2014, 05:41 AM

Alright, cool. My cousin said they dont waste their time on the people who can still walk to their seats anyway.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Drunk at a Football Game-why no MIP? - September 22nd 2014, 10:25 AM

They would have warned you if they were going to document you in any way, so I assume he didn't write anything down. He probably had better things to take care of, to be completely honest. They have to deal with a large amount of issues, and slight rowdiness from some underage drinkers is the least of their concern.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
Closed Thread