TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Birdies Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Is it worth it? - February 7th 2016, 05:58 AM

Is it worth it to try weed? I'm currently at the lowest point in my life with the worst social anxiety and depression I've ever had. I can never relax I'm always afraid (of people) and i can barely speak to anyone and i hate my existence. Sometimes i want to never have existed if that makes any sense. I just want to reach a state of inner peace and happiness i haven't felt in so long. I read an article on how shrooms supposedly help with anxiety. I talked to a friend about it and they suggested i try weed before i try shrooms since i have never tried psychedelics before. I really want to try them even though they're illegal where i live and now Im torn, one friend tells me weed will help calm me down and another is afraid ill have a "bad trip" and kill myself (which is the least of my worries). What should i do?

Last edited by Birdies; February 7th 2016 at 06:16 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Everly

Re: Is it worth it? - February 8th 2016, 12:25 PM

No. Don't do drugs. Not because thats what I'm "supposed" to say, but I used to be an addict. It's not worth it at all. Stay away from them, please!
Getting high will not make your anxiety or depression disappear. They will numb your emotions for a few hours but your symptoms will always come back more intense than before. I could comment a novel on why you shouldn't use drugs but what you do is ultimately your decision.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Birdies Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is it worth it? - February 9th 2016, 12:53 AM

Thank you!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Is it worth it? - February 11th 2016, 08:24 PM

It's not worth it, like Everly, I used stuff before. I wasn't an addict, but I was smoking to cope with my problems and it only ended up making things worse, or at least not better. Like, did you know that existing mental health issues increase the risk of having a psychiatric break while smoking marijuana, a drug many consider innocen? I sure as hell didn't know at the time. I know a lot of people who smoke weed to "deal" but it isn't the best choice to use it as a crutch, no matter how appealing it might feel. I, for one, used to have a panic attack almost every time I smoked weed. Shrooms would have been even worse for me.

Please, consider finding some other coping mechanism - music, art, driving - and avoid mind altering substances. I promise it gets better.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread