TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jennaholt Offline
Not a n00b

I nearly died - June 30th 2018, 02:46 AM

I was at my friend's house and we were drinking. Not an experienced drinker. I've maybe had alcohol like 10 times in 2 years. Anyhow, we had shots of rum and whiskey. That's the last thing I remember.
Next day morning, I woke up on the floor wearing different clothes. I was very confused. I didn't remember anything. I just wanted to puke.

So when I ask my friend what had happened, I vomited for a very long time. I was quite unconscious and my eyes were rolling. I peed myself. My temperature was dropping and I had to be carried outside the bathroom. And then I passed out.

I puked all morning and threw up everything I ate. I had to get IV. I had hypotension, dehydration and fever. I couldn't eat anything.

I was scared to go back to sleep for fear of not waking up. I'm still scared of sleeping. I also had a dream that I was about to commit suicide.

I'm not sure how long this is going to go on and if there's anything I can do about it.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I nearly died - July 1st 2018, 12:47 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry you had to go through that. I imagine it couldn't have been easy. How are you feeling now? My hope is that you are feeling better. I know that having something like this can be really scary and I think that your concerns are valid. Going to sleep after something like this can be scary even if you know that you will probably be okay.

When you say that you are not sure how long this is going on, are you talking about the sickness you feel after this experience or are you referring to something else? If you are talking about how you are feeling, medically, I would suggest talking to your doctor about it. They might be able to help you figure out how long it will take for you to start feeling more normal.

One thing I want to say is that it might take a while before you start to feel better, emotionally. Having an experience like this can cause quite a lot of fear for the people involved. I imagine that fear can have affects on people on an emotional level. If you are feeling off, emotionally, it might be worth talking to a counselor about what you've experienced. It could help you process it and find ways to cope with the feelings that have been brought forward.

Wishing you the best and know I am here if you need anything.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jennaholt Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I nearly died - July 1st 2018, 04:10 AM

Hello. Thank you
I'm okay physically. I'm a bit weak but I think that will be fine in a few days.
Mentally, I don't feel okay. The suicidal dreams are scary.thid I'd what I was talking about when I said I'm not sure how long it will go on. I'm not sure if I'm imagining things and making myself feel like a victim or if I'm actually not feeling okay.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I nearly died - July 2nd 2018, 03:21 AM

Have you considered looking into counseling? You've been through something traumatic and your feelings are valid. You said that you almost died and that is an exceptionally traumatic thing to live through. What you are experiencing makes sense and I think it would be a good idea for you to talk to a counselor and figure out what is going on; talking to a counselor would probably help you work on finding ways to cope with the emotions and thoughts you are having.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread