TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ivorysfrost Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cassie

How bad do you think my habits are? - June 4th 2009, 06:18 AM

I was just wondering how bad people thought my habits were. I mean, obviously my friends don't really mind since we've been doing all these drugs together, but I was wondering what other people around my age thought about it all.

So, I smoke weed a lot. Almost everyday. Buts its only been that way for a few weeks. I started smoking a little while ago (couple months, maybe a year) when my girl friend started. I had already smoke cigarettes a couple times and I have never been overly worried about things being illegal.

Anyways, one thing led to another, and since then I've tried vicodin, adderall, concerta and E. My friend is maybe gonna get some Oxy, but we all promised to just try it once. And my other best friend is gonna check out getting some LSD for use all to try.

I'm not too clever on names, or what these drugs do (I always research right before though), but I am always with my friends and sister who I trust with my life. I don't drink often at all since I can't get the alcohol and it makes me sick. I've only ever been drunk twice.

Anyways. It's pretty much party and eat everynight. I don't mind since I can still get stuff done (school, work, friends and family), and none of my parents or any of my friends have ever told me anything negative about the things I do.

I'm just so curious, you know! And I know everyone goes through an 'experimental' phase, so I assume this is mine. Just wondering what you all thought! Thanks.

"Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route."
<div align=center>
</div>

(#2 (permalink)) Old
SS x Vengeance Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Amanda

Re: How bad do you think my habits are? - June 4th 2009, 06:39 AM

Eh, it's not the worst I've ever heard but the habits you've picked up aren't the best to be into. If you don't catch yourself now, things will probably get worse and you may not be able to pull yourself out of the hole you dug yourself into. Just be careful and try to be smart. Sure, I've had my fun, but I learned to set boundaries for myself so I don't let my life slip from me.

I need to meet someone who gets me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Magic. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Poppy

Re: How bad do you think my habits are? - June 4th 2009, 06:48 AM

I smoke weed sometimes with friends, not everyday but probably most weeks.
I don't try anything else but most of friends do. Being someone who then witnesses how they are on those drugs, I don't like it, it gets me really worried. Plenty of times I have been around them and someones got really sick and I look after them, they don't realise/believe after how bad they were and they do it again.
I think as long as you will be willing to admit it if it does get to be more than just experimental, which is the hardest thing. One of my best friends started out like you have and now she can't get through a night out without something, and she can't see that it's harming her.
I'm not judging you, I know how addictive things are, and drugs can be 'fun'. But honestly I think if you can kick them now it would be better for you; you don't risk becoming dependent on them

You can't move mountains by whispering at them.

Take a look at my art here:
http://attemptedart.tumblr.com/

(#4 (permalink)) Old
petlord2 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How bad do you think my habits are? - June 17th 2009, 10:22 AM

hey Cassie
hey im really worried that you might be slipping to bad pattern about 1 year ago i was just like you, i started getting into the wrong crowd and dated this guy that smoked crystal and took acid on a very frequent basis... i told my self that i would never get into these, that i would just do the small stuff... is started to smoked weed every (i still do), but after a while i really started to lose the feeling the high wasn't sufficient, so i took E. one pill once a month turned into 5 pills once a week and that lead to meth

I honestly still thought that i had everything under control, i mean shit i wasnt about to get addicted to meth i was way to strong minded for that.... 6 months later i smoking meth with some asshole that i don't anymore who's taking my money, and staying up for days on end with no food in the last 48 hours.

another thing that i want to say is be very careful with LSD, acid is the strangest, most mystifying drug on the planet, a drug that stays with you for the rest of your life, I know that it comes off so caviler, and easy, i mean all you have to do it put it on your mouth but it is going to change the way that you view the world forever... im not going to say that your shouldn't try it but remember acid teaches you things about yourself and universe that you may or may not want to learn.... many people that i have know come out of LSD trips much more angry and disappointed at society, humanity, and the world than they did before... So be careful

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: J

Re: How bad do you think my habits are? - June 17th 2009, 11:48 AM

Yeah i agree with petlord2- LSD is very very dangerous so please be careful

Mrs Doyle: What would you say to a cup father?
[offers him a cup of tea]
Father Jack Hackett: FECK OFF, CUP!
Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These,[points to some plastic cows on the table], are very small; those
[points at some cows out the window], are far away...
Gotta Luv Father Ted

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Sparks Offline
Batteries Not Included
Average Joe

Re: How bad do you think my habits are? - June 28th 2009, 05:18 AM

I do LSD 3-4 times for 3 years and i can feel it's tweaked my brain a bit, so be carefull.
I thought i was just going through an experimental phase 5 years ago but now i smoke weed like a chimney, daily, and can't sleep without it.
So carefull, just don't go so far that you can't get yourself back.
I know my habbits are bad but i'm much past caring, i'm enjoying my life. Your habbits are bad too...but it's 100% up to you what you do with yourself.

"How can you get a goose out of a bottle?"
Imagine that a baby gosling was placed inside one of those big glass bottles with a little opening that you see model ships in, and raised inside, until it is fully grown and can no longer fit out through the neck of the bottle. How can you get the goose out of the bottle? Without hurting/killing the goose.

If i don't respond, it's because you haven't said anything.

Pain is momentary media is Eternal
http://www.myspace.com/MandaG01

Last edited by Sparks; June 28th 2009 at 05:57 AM.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: How bad do you think my habits are? - June 29th 2009, 04:47 AM

I hate to break it to you, but "promising" each other that you'll only do a drug once is complete bullshit. You need to realize this is DRUGS you are talking about. Oxycontin is one of the most addictive drugs out there right now and along with other prescriptives, it is a rising epidemic especially among kids your age. You cannot possibly promise that you'll only do it once when you don't even know what your experiences or what the high will be like. If there's one drug to stay away from it's Oxycontin.

Quote:
another thing that i want to say is be very careful with LSD, acid is the strangest, most mystifying drug on the planet, a drug that stays with you for the rest of your life, I know that it comes off so caviler, and easy, i mean all you have to do it put it on your mouth but it is going to change the way that you view the world forever... im not going to say that your shouldn't try it but remember acid teaches you things about yourself and universe that you may or may not want to learn.... many people that i have know come out of LSD trips much more angry and disappointed at society, humanity, and the world than they did before... So be careful
Side note: LSD is not as dangerous as some of you are making it out to be. It is a natural drug. It comes from the Earth and when taken with a sober or experienced friend, most likely you will be fine. These are examples of other peoples' trips. You never know what you will get with LSD and while of course you should take immediate precautions, what you will learn from LSD are things you may need to know. If you come out of a trip angry at society or humanity, hey..you needed to be de sensitized sometime. Acid can be one of the most beautiful things this Earth has to offer, but you need to be excited. You cannot dread the trip or be tired. If you do freak out take a sedative or placebo such as niacin and lay down in a calm environment with a friend. Acid DOES NOT stay in your system forever if you've ever heard that silly myth.

Last edited by Synaestheasiaen; June 29th 2009 at 04:53 AM.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
FriendZoneMayor Offline
My lovelife is the Hokey-Pokey
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Summer/Shawn

Re: How bad do you think my habits are? - June 30th 2009, 10:23 PM

I wouldn't say it's a bad Habit, but the choices aren't the best. I'm not gonna try and get you to stop or anything like that, but hey, there are more fullfilling things out there than drugs.

“I can only hope that they’ll turn that anger and frustration and madness into something positive, so that two, three, four, five hundred will step forward, so the gay doctors will come out, the gay lawyers, the gay judges, gay bankers, gay architects … I hope that every professional gay will say ‘enough’, come forward and tell everybody, wear a sign, let the world know. Maybe that will help.” Harvey Milk, 1978

http://amanoutofyou.tumblr.com

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: How bad do you think my habits are? - July 2nd 2009, 04:34 AM

Quote:
I'm not too clever on names, or what these drugs do (I always research right before though), but I am always with my friends and sister who I trust with my life.
I don't follow. If you do research on drugs before you try them, how could you not know what effect the drugs you do will give you? Just because you're still able to get your work done inbetween getting messed up doesn't mean you won't develop issues farther down the road. I'd be careful if I were you. You're 16 anyway.

Closed Thread