TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
worriedsick Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Question about Weed. - June 6th 2009, 11:02 PM

The other night I tried weed with my best friend. I didn't smoke alot; i only took three hits, yet im such a lightweight and i took such big hits that i got really fucked up.
I was okay and didn't get in trouble (that i know of; i said things that i shouldnt have over a text, but i don't think parents can read deleted texts, can they? i use sprint.) because my significant other was there with me, and he used to smoke pot frequently, so he kept us under control.

Now, on to the question; how long do the effects of being high normally last? It was three days ago that i smoked, and i still don't feel right. I'm exhausted and i have random feelings of being out-of-body.
I can't feel my extremeties (fingers, toes, tounge) and i'm having trouble staying focused.
I talked to my boyfriend, and he said im just stressed. Finals are next week and i've had a full couple of days since (plus, my mom called three times while i was high, and i've been paranoid that i sounded strange.)

I'm worried as to whether or not i'll still feel like this next week for finals.
Or if i've screwed up for good.

<thankyou!>

(#2 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Question about Weed. - June 6th 2009, 11:35 PM

well, i've heard of them lasting up to 24 hours, but i'd say around 2-3 hours is about norm, sometimes less depending on how much you smoke. i've never heard of someone feeling like this three days afterwards to be honest. if you can't feel parts of your body and you're struggling to focus, it might be time to consult a doctor. everyone reacts differently to drugs and it may be that you've just reacted badly.. or theres always the possibility that there was something else in that joint..

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#3 (permalink)) Old
monstermanx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brendan

Re: Question about Weed. - June 7th 2009, 03:53 PM

The high only lasts between 30 minutes to about two hours, depends on how much you took and your weight and all that.

The high is for sure gone, I've been high a few times. It is stress... Just don't worry about it.

Are you still gapping out? If you are, your having a reaction.

Do or do not, there is no try!" - Joey Kovar

(#4 (permalink)) Old
puala__koala Offline
Average Joe

Re: Question about Weed. - June 7th 2009, 09:57 PM

ive been high like a million times and it sounds like you feel liek youre high or having trouble with the weed u smoked cause you think you are (if that makes sence).

seriously, there are people that smoke weed every day adn theyre all fine. sooo yeah... dont worry until you start doing hard drugs or anythign that might be laced.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
monstermanx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Question about Weed. - June 7th 2009, 10:16 PM

Here's her problem though, every time you get weed you don't know if it's laced or not. You may think you can trust the dealers, but they'll lace the weed to get you more addicted and then it'll up their sales.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Shannon Offline
The Awesome-ist.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shannon

Re: Question about Weed. - June 8th 2009, 01:16 AM

Thing is, I bet you don't know what you smoked. These days, it's hardly every JUST weed, it's almost always laced with something. I don't think that this is anything too extreme to worry about. First time I REALLY got high, the next day I was in the middle of class making up a test, and I just suddenly felt like I was high again. It happens sometimes. Especially for us little people. Try to find out what you're smoking in the future, and if you can, only use home-grown. I've smoked probably a dozen times in my life, and I'll still do it from time to time, but I think the initial happy wears off of it and it just turns into something that you DO, even though it's not really enjoyable. I'm just saying, be careful and don't get hooked.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Meow Offline
Hits from the Bong
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Question about Weed. - June 8th 2009, 03:54 PM

Well either it's totally different here in Germany or you guys just have no idea.

First of all, in most cases you can easily see if the weed is laced or not. It's as easy as estimating how much you got in front of you without a scale or what quality it is.
And besides, lacing weed so nobody'll notice is too expensive and troublesome for most, so that's why it ain't laced most of the times.

Most likely it was just too much for you.

I've been smoking bong every day for more than half a year and before that joints so I hope nobody'll tell me I have no idea of what I'm talking.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
worriedsick Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Question about Weed. - June 9th 2009, 07:38 PM

I think that it was laced with something, but, as i said, i don't recall.
Thank you to everyone that replied; i was worried sick.

The effects went away, but i was feeling like that for a couple days.
Thanks<33

(#9 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Question about Weed. - June 11th 2009, 03:42 AM

You should be completely recovered by the next day. Please try doing some research before ever trying a drug if you're uncertain of the effects..

(#10 (permalink)) Old
monstermanx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Question about Weed. - June 13th 2009, 10:17 PM

Don't try drugs period, honestly!

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Sam

Re: Question about Weed. - June 14th 2009, 02:01 AM

The high should have been gone long ago, so your totally fine!!!

2/21/09 i found my Punk Rock Boy

"And if she had to live it all over again you know she wouldn't change anything for the world!"

(#12 (permalink)) Old
monstermanx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Question about Weed. - June 14th 2009, 03:05 PM

No, if it was laced with something it would affect the high. The high is also different for each and every person, in length pending how much of what you smoked and your body-weight and if you've smoked before.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Casey

Re: Question about Weed. - June 14th 2009, 06:47 PM

I think ur proboly just pairnoed about the whole thing , so your pairned self might be causing the body problems..And you probly shouldn't do weed again if ur acting like that....Go to the doctor , if your having problems like that....

(#14 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Question about Weed. - June 16th 2009, 01:14 AM

It's really not that common that someone will sell laced pot unless they had an intent to get more money out of it or to use it themselves. Usually if you know your dealer well and they know their dealer well, they usually sample the bud sometimes and will tell if its laced or let you know what's in it to make you pay more for it.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Drob112 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Question about Weed. - June 16th 2009, 02:54 PM

The problem with the first time anyone tries a drug is for a while later they question what their normal feelings used to feel like, paranoia kicks in and you convince your brain somethings wrong. So your brain acts as if it isn't completely normal or sober. In a few days this will all go away, and you'll be completely fine for finals.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Sparks Offline
Batteries Not Included
Average Joe

Re: Question about Weed. - June 28th 2009, 05:15 AM

Don't stress, everyone feels like that the first time they have a sesh then lay off it, you feel different because you experienced feelings you never beleived where possible before. Like if you get a gun pointed at your head yeah? people say never feel the same again. Life changing experience.
Weed never killed anyone man, especially just a few tokes. you'll be right.

"How can you get a goose out of a bottle?"
Imagine that a baby gosling was placed inside one of those big glass bottles with a little opening that you see model ships in, and raised inside, until it is fully grown and can no longer fit out through the neck of the bottle. How can you get the goose out of the bottle? Without hurting/killing the goose.

If i don't respond, it's because you haven't said anything.

Pain is momentary media is Eternal
http://www.myspace.com/MandaG01

Closed Thread