TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
anonymous326 Offline
Bookworm 8-|
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nora

Boyfriend Uses Marijuana... - June 12th 2009, 10:42 AM

Soo as the title says, my boyfriend uses marijuana.. Last week, he came all high and I didn't know what to do with him. He could barely walk straight! He did admit that he smoked weed, that's how I knew.. I'm very worried about him. I know he's a heavy drinker and a smoker but I never expected this from him... He's trying to quit smoking and he's drinking less now but I don't know what to do about him smoking weed. As I said, I'm very worried about his health... Is smoking weed a very serious case? I'm sorry for my ignorance , I've never been in a situation like this, I do hope you guys understand. If this is serious, how can I make him stop? What can I do to help him stop?

Please help...
Thanks in advance :]

``` I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know? – Ernest Hemingway.
  Send a message via MSN to anonymous326  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
swat Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: swat

Re: Boyfriend Uses Marijuana... - June 12th 2009, 12:33 PM

smokin ciggs is worse, but weed can be a gateway drug to more harmful substances

(#3 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Boyfriend Uses Marijuana... - June 12th 2009, 02:43 PM

A lot of people smoke weed regularly. But swat is right, it can lead to the use of more serious drugs. And i think if you don't like him showing up to meet you stoned, you should let him know that it bothers you a bit.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Thurineth Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Laura

Re: Boyfriend Uses Marijuana... - June 12th 2009, 02:56 PM

You can't make him stop. Show him your bothered about it though.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thurineth 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Sam

Re: Boyfriend Uses Marijuana... - June 14th 2009, 02:09 AM

My boyfriend also smokes weed. We became friends first though, because we shared that common interest. It didnt bother me when we were just friends, but now that we're dating it bothers me more because my love for him is a little different.
I know, many, many weed smokers. As i myself am one, and through all my experience, you cant make him stop, unless he himself really wants to. My boyfriends been to juvie for weed three or four times already, and is on probation for it, and he still refuses to stop. Now he doesnt smoke it directly, i always shotgun for him. Even though it doesnt make a dif. really, it makes him feel better.
As long as your boyfriend is safe while doing it, and has people around him who care for him and he trust, its not really a big deal. It can be a gateway drug, but for the most part, its "Safe"
The real question is does smoking weed affect his life? Does he pick it over you? If he is in school, are his grades affected? Does he hurt anyone when he does it? If not then i say let him smoke. If you really dont like him doing it, talk to him and maybe help him regulate how much he does over a amount of time, and when he does it

2/21/09 i found my Punk Rock Boy

"And if she had to live it all over again you know she wouldn't change anything for the world!"

(#6 (permalink)) Old
asphyxiated Offline
Next stop: Land of Sueños
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Boyfriend Uses Marijuana... - June 14th 2009, 03:09 AM

Smoking weed causes no known seriously harmful side effects. the only thing that is dangerous about it is that it could be laced with something stronger [ex. pcp, meth, etc] and that could lead you to an addiction or worse.
As it stands, no one has ever died for a marijuana overdose, most unlike alcohol, meth, and prescription drugs.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
anonymous326 Offline
Bookworm 8-|
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nora

Re: Boyfriend Uses Marijuana... - June 14th 2009, 08:18 AM

Thank you so much guys At least I do know some stuffs about marijuana now. You guys said that it can lead to something stronger so I think I'll talk to him about it and the fact that I don't like it when he comes and meets me all high.

Thanks so much, again <3

``` I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know? – Ernest Hemingway.
  Send a message via MSN to anonymous326  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
monstermanx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brendan

Re: Boyfriend Uses Marijuana... - June 14th 2009, 11:10 PM

When your high, your life is like a slide-show basically until the high goes away. So, your gapping out, things can get out of hand and you don't remember much of what you said or did.

If I was in your shoes, I'd tell him "Me or pot".

Do or do not, there is no try!" - Joey Kovar

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Acedread Offline
Big Mike
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Mike

Re: Boyfriend Uses Marijuana... - June 15th 2009, 07:27 AM

I smoke it like a chimney, and really, there's nothing extremely bad about it. However, if you don't like him showin' up all stoned, tell him!! I'm sure he'll understand.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Boyfriend Uses Marijuana... - June 16th 2009, 01:12 AM

hahah. No weed is nothing serious. The heavy drinking is what will cause permanent damage if he doesn't chill out.

Closed Thread