TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ollieisxspecial Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Acid? - June 17th 2009, 04:55 AM

Well me and my friend are planning on taking acid in a couple weeks, and I've been doing tons of research preparing for it and what might happen. I have been smoking weed for more than a year and I do get drunk every once in a while. But I know that it is not the same as dropping acid. All that I am afraid of is if I have a bad trip and if it might harm me in the process (or leave me stuttering and shaking like it did to my sisters friend). About 75% want to do it and knows I'll be alright, but I still have the doubt in my mind that something could happen and how will I deal with it. All I need advice on is where should I do it, when, do you think I'm not ready, and most of all should I? And any pointers on how to not have a bad trip, and what to do?

Thanks a ton.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

June 19th 2009, 08:40 PM

I've heard you can get flashbacks from it. I heard it stays in your spine or something.

That's my advice. Don't do it.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."

Last edited by Jack; July 15th 2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Posts merged.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Acid? - June 19th 2009, 09:56 PM

Honestly, this website can not promote you to do illegal activity, so I don't think you'll get too many people telling you that you should do acid, or anything else along the lines of such a hard drug. However, I'm not just saying you shouldn't because we're not supposed to promote this activity, I'm telling you because I care and I know a few people who've gone down that road and haven't came back. You don't want to fall victim to addiction and further more, you don't want to go down the hard drug road. Weed and alcohol are one thing, but once you begin feeding yourself harder drugs, you might find yourself regretting it as you become more and more addicted to the side effects.

To be honest, you can never be sure you'll be alright. You can never determining 100% the reaction you'll have to acid. You could have all the ingredients for a good trip, and still do some serious damage. It isn't worth it and, to be frank, you don't sound ready. If you're doubting everything this much, listen to your gut feeling and don't follow through with this. However, I can't have you deciding to do acid and putting yourself in more danger without important facts. If you, unfortunately, do decide to take acid, make sure you're with your trusted friends and that there are a few people sober for every few people taking their share of acid. Furthermore, don't proceed with the drug if you're worried about anything or having a problem, make sure you're in a good mood to insure a better result - better as in safer.

Again, the best way to insure a safe outcome is to not do acid in the first place. If you need anyone to talk to, or any more advice, I'm only a PM away. :]

-Have hope..

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Acid? - June 20th 2009, 06:45 PM

I have plenty of experience with hallucinogens and if you're dreading the trip or tired or freaking out because you're scared, you will not have a good trip. You need to stay positive and optimistic because acid is a tricky drug and you never know what you'll get any time you do it, but you should have a fine trip if you keep a positive attitude. The only time i've ever had a bad trip was my first time when I was left alone for a few minutes while my friends went to have cigarettes and once when I was tired and didn't want to trip.

Do not think of the bad things that could come from the visuals and mindfucks of the trip. Just think of the happy and amazing things you'll see when you do trip. If you ever feel scared or like the trip is too much, drink water (always have that with you through out the trip) lay down in a chill environment, listen to calming music and have a sober or experienced friend stay with you until you mellow out. I've also heard of taking placebos to slow down or reverse the effects of the trip such as a niacin pill, an anti anxiety medicine such as xanax or diazepan etc. I wouldn't suggest smoking weed on your trip unless you want to get really psyched out. I'd prefer you do it towards the end of the trip.

Good places to trip would be like a vacant house, nature or like an Arboretum or botanical garden. Being outside would be your best bet and I would not recommend driving especially your first time. You will not want to be around people.

LSD does NOT stay in your system for life monstermanx. I don't know where you heard any of the nonsense, but after one trip you do not constantly hallucinate and it does not in anyway prevent people from getting decent jobs unless they've formed some type of mental attachment to acid and do it constantly. I've tripped about 6-7 times and i'm doing just fine. If anything, if you're being tested for drugs, they usually don't even look for LSD and it usually stays in your system for an estimated 120 hours and may show up positive in a urine test after that amount of time from ingestion. I've never been drug tested, but from what i've found in my research, those types of urine tests are not standard and are expensive. They require special ordering and are not used routinely. I had a hippie friend who was constantly drug tested by his parents and he used acid constantly and it never showed up in a typical drug test. Flashbacks are possible as with psilocybin in magic mushrooms, but it's not as scary or extreme as it's made out to be and it only lasts anywhere from 10 seconds to 5 minutes and it doesn't happen very often. Hope I helped some. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me anytime.

This is a wonderful website for drug research and it's never failed me. This is just a bit of information on the myths of LSD and answer some of the questions you asked about OP. http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_myth1.shtml

Last edited by peaceSRC; June 20th 2009 at 06:55 PM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Sparks Offline
Batteries Not Included
Average Joe

Re: Acid? - June 28th 2009, 05:06 AM

to avoid a bad trip
.Trip with people you're comfortable with and know well
. Stay inside a designated place like your house or a friends house
. Watch something funny, or cartoons, don't watch or view anyhting violent or disturbing
. KEEP LIGHTS ON!!!
. Hide everything you think you could hurt yourself on before you dunk it.. especially things that would be harmfull if you got it in your eyes or ate it
. don't expect to know whats going on or what you're doing
.Try to keep your thoughts clear, safe and happy
.... just pretend you're going to turn back into a toddler... you'll want to put things in your mouth..if you get outside you'll want to run forever.
If you're going to do it just be careful... if something goes wrong say bye bye to your sanity.
It DOES screw with your head, you never feel quite the same again after trips so make sure you know what you're getting into before you go doing anything.

"How can you get a goose out of a bottle?"
Imagine that a baby gosling was placed inside one of those big glass bottles with a little opening that you see model ships in, and raised inside, until it is fully grown and can no longer fit out through the neck of the bottle. How can you get the goose out of the bottle? Without hurting/killing the goose.

If i don't respond, it's because you haven't said anything.

Pain is momentary media is Eternal
http://www.myspace.com/MandaG01

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Shannon Offline
The Awesome-ist.
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Shannon

Re: Acid? - July 5th 2009, 05:54 AM

Basically, you just have to keep happy thoughts in your head. Listening to 70's and 60's type music can help with that, it'll keep you calm and relaxed. Just think happy thoughts and maybe have someone around that will calm you down if you begin to freak.

Now, all that sounds simple enough, but it only takes one bad thought to send you spiralling into all this creepy stuff. Acid's not something I'd ever mess with, because it can do some serious harm to your mind, and you can get flashbacks, and you might go on a just horrible trip, in which case it wouldn't even be worth it.

Of course, you might get flashbacks, you might be a smidgen less smart, and blah blah blah, but I'm sure you know all that already. Hope you have a safe trip!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Acid? - July 7th 2009, 12:58 AM

Why keep the lights on? Whenever i've tripped sitting in my storage room in the dark with Infected Mushroom/Pink Floyd music playing with my best friends was the best part!

Shannon what do you mean you might be a smidgen less smart? If anything Acid opens up your mind and sharpens your mind even more.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: Acid? - July 12th 2009, 01:44 PM

Hey,

I will tell you I have personally taken acid and while the experience was interesting I doubt I'll every do it again. Many people have posted things about 'just staying happy or focusing on good thoughts'. They are neglecting to mention how out of control your mind really is when you're on acid. It can be extremely difficult and sometimes feel impossible to 'just stay happy' while tripping. When you are sober or even high on a non hallucinogenic substance you are in control of your mind. Hallucinogens take away that control from you and you don't really have much say over what your experience will be like at least on a conscience level. I wouldn't recommend doing acid simply because a 'bad trip' can be psychologically scarring. No, I am not telling you that you will go insane after having a 'bad trip'. I am simply letting you know that when you have such an intense bad experience like that it tends to stay with you and leave you more than a little shaken up. Are you willing to take a gamble with your mental hEalth just to have a new experience? I honestly don't believe that LSD will make you any more or less intelligent or open minded necessarily. I also don't think it will make you any less smart either. However, the more intelligent choice not to take acid at all. Another important factor in this situation is the fact that LSD is indeed illegal. Therefor, there is the possibility that you could be caught, criminally prosecuted, and given a criminal record. So, not only are you taking a gamble with your mental health by taking it but you are also risking your future. All I ask is that you take some time to really think through this decision. There really is no rush. I mean all the acid in the world isn't going to disappear within the next month so you can give yourself the time to actually think this through some more. All I ask is that you give yourself at least 3 months more to figure out what decision you want to make. At the end of the three months if you think it is something you really want for yourself then I still don't support that choice but at least you are more sure of your decision. If you decide to go ahead and trip I would suggest that you stay in a safe familiar environment, you are only around people you know well and trust, you have AT LEAST two 'babysitters' who will stay sober and watch you, and that you make a plan ahead of time of what to do in case of an emergency. If you have any questions for me feel free to PM me anytime and I would be more than happy to answer them for you. Take care and think about what you're doing before jumping into something blind.

Lots of love <3 Mimi

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
braidenowns Offline
Braiden Knows Best.
Not a n00b

Name: Braiden

Re: Acid? - July 13th 2009, 12:24 AM

Just be positive, and don't be stressed before you do it. Do yoga or something to clear your mind before you do drop it. Don't eat cheese. A lot of my friends say that you shouldn't eat cheese because it causes something weird to happen? I dunno. Uhmm. Well just be happy! Best thing to do! As others have already said.

But if you ask me, I suggest that you actually don't do it, there are tonnes of bad things that can come from it, such as seizures, coma and death. Not to scare you.

Braiden.

'The tighter the pants, the bigger the man!'
  Send a message via MSN to braidenowns  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
mr_null Offline
Formerly known as mr_null
Average Joe

Re: Acid? - July 13th 2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braidenowns View Post
Just be positive, and don't be stressed before you do it. Do yoga or something to clear your mind before you do drop it. Don't eat cheese. A lot of my friends say that you shouldn't eat cheese because it causes something weird to happen? I dunno. Uhmm. Well just be happy! Best thing to do! As others have already said.

But if you ask me, I suggest that you actually don't do it, there are tonnes of bad things that can come from it, such as seizures, coma and death. Not to scare you.

Braiden.
Almost everything you said is untrue.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
braidenowns Offline
Braiden Knows Best.
Not a n00b

Name: Braiden

Re: Acid? - July 13th 2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_null View Post
Almost everything you said is untrue.

Really? I just asked one of my friends?

'The tighter the pants, the bigger the man!'
  Send a message via MSN to braidenowns  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Acid? - July 13th 2009, 08:46 PM

Unfortunately, friends tend to be a little dim headed when it comes to giving information on drugs. I've trusted friends before taking drugs and ended up addicted to oxycontin, not to mention i've never heard of any of the warnings you posted braiden. Research first please. Don't ever give someone advice about drugs if you don't know it for a fact yourself.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
mr_null Offline
Formerly known as mr_null
Average Joe

Re: Acid? - July 14th 2009, 02:07 AM

Erowid is an excellent site that provides unbiased information about drugs with references to where they got the information. If you plan on doing a drug, check erowid out first.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml

Read through the sections on Basics and Effects, and checking out the LSD FAQ's is a good idea too.

Good luck, safe tripping.

Last edited by SimplyComplex; July 15th 2009 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Arguments and uneeded comments

(#14 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Acid? - July 14th 2009, 02:41 AM

Okay guys, lets try to stay on the OPs topic here? It is best to have truthful medically proven facts, personal stories are just as helpful. Lets not encourage the use of drugs. Obviously some of these people here believe the OP shouldn't use LSD. While others agree they can't sway the OPs choice. No more discussing true or untrue advice on this thread. If you have an issue with the posts, that concerns a moderator. Obviously since they have not been removed yet, we believe it is of some use. However, your posts continuing to get off topic will need to be dealt with. So, please, stick to topic :]. That's my only warning.

-Thank you :]

01 // 10 // 11

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Re: Acid? - July 15th 2009, 01:03 AM

http://forums.teenhelp.org/showthread.php?p=186065#post186065

"Also, there are flashbacks. True Flashbacks are a type of post-traumatic stress disorder. Any kind of an emotional experience can cause these "flashbacks". The raise in Serotonin levels in your brain creates these experiences, and later in life, long after the trip is over and all the LSD is removed from your system you can have a flashback. These normally only occur after extremely emotional good trips, or horrible, horrible bad trips. The flashbacks normally referred to is just state-based learning. This causes memories and actual visions of what happened on your trip when something similar occurs later in life. These kinds of flashbacks normally occur only after much usage of the drug, and are normally very pleasant if it isn't a bad time to have such an experience."

I don't give out advice unless I'm pretty sure It's true. There is is. Flashbacks. I grew up with a mother who did and sold drugs. Drugs have been in my life for a long time.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."

Last edited by SimplyComplex; July 15th 2009 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Editing out rude comments.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Fucking Done Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Acid? - July 15th 2009, 01:50 AM

If you're nervous when you take it, it will not help any.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Acid? - July 16th 2009, 07:42 PM

I wasn't talking about Flashbacks dear. Obviously. It was even in my post that flashbacks can happen. I was referring to acid staying in your spine when clearly it doesn't.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Re: Acid? - July 16th 2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synaestheasiaen View Post
I wasn't talking about Flashbacks dear. Obviously. It was even in my post that flashbacks can happen. I was referring to acid staying in your spine when clearly it doesn't.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_LSD_stay_in_your_spinal_cord_for_years

"No it doesn't. LSD affects the in the cerebellum, which is in the upper end of the spinal cord. The idea that LSD stays in there forever is an urban legend. Rather, LSD is metabolized and excreted through urine within one to three days following ingestion.

The incidence of flashbacks and Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) is notably interesting, and probably where this myth took root. However, scientists explain this as an outside event triggering the memory of the trip, a bit like what happens after a post traumatic stress disorder. You may get flashbacks of any intense event in your life, and tripping on LSD is known to be quite intense.

Seriously, my information was not inaccurate. *holds tongue*

(#19 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Acid? - July 16th 2009, 11:22 PM

Alright, I can see where this is going and I don't think I'm going to let this get any further. If anyone has anything else to add for the OP, they can politely PM it. However, I think this thread has reached a point where it's going to be trailing too far off track and creating more harm than good, so I'm closing it. Thank you everyone for all the advice put forth and take care. If someone has an issue with the closing of this thread, feel free to PM me. :]

01 // 10 // 11

Closed Thread