TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
razmataz5 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

random coke question - July 24th 2009, 02:00 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

ok so i know its bad and i know i shouldnt do it and stuff. but i have a question for people who have done coke before.

whenever i do it, for a couple weeks after, water smells SO BAD. and its only with water. like when i turn on the shower the water smells bad, or brush my teeth, or anything. it goes away but i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? because non of my friends who have done it have. so is it just me lol?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ollie- Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ollie

Re: random coke question - July 24th 2009, 05:04 PM

ive never experienced anything like this, nor have anyone i know of, i did a quick look on google and a few people have also experienced this but i couldnt find any scientific reason or answer as to why it happens.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: random coke question - July 24th 2009, 10:38 PM

It makes more sense if you're snorting it because you're putting a drug into like, where you smell from. Maybe there is something in water that smells bad to you, not necessarily the water itself.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
peaceSRC Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: random coke question - August 2nd 2009, 05:49 PM

It's possibly just a chemical reaction from the blow. You never know what they mix it with so it's probably just some strange reaction. Nothing to worry about from my thoughts.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: random coke question - August 8th 2009, 06:16 AM

I've never experienced it, but I used in various ways other then snorting. Plus anything is possible I suppose.

I think the bigger problem is that you're doing it, not what it's making you experience. That's just me though.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
braidenowns Offline
Braiden Knows Best.
Not a n00b

Name: Braiden

Re: random coke question - August 15th 2009, 08:56 PM

Hi there,

It's probably because you're snorting coke, right?
That's the only logical reason I can think of.

Take Care,
Braiden.

'The tighter the pants, the bigger the man!'
  Send a message via MSN to braidenowns  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Re: random coke question - August 16th 2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Snorting cocaine can cause sinus infections and loss of smell. It can damage tissues in the nose and cause holes in the bony separation between the nostrils inside the nose.
Snorting any drug takes a harsh toll on your nasal passages. In contining this behavior you are putting yourself at risk for losing your sense of smell all together or permenately damaging it. This side effect of cocaine isn't even nearly the most concerning.

Quote:
The long-term effects of cocaine usage include dependence on the drug for normal everyday functioning, poor interpersonal relationships due to aggression, work, money and housing problems. Other physical effects include nosebleeds, collapse of the nasal septum due to repeated snorting of a corrosive substance, increased likelihood of infection with hepatitis C, B or HIV, blood poisoning, and skin abscesses. Users may also pick at their skin to such an extent that skin grafts are required.
You are not invincible. You are merely human and you're playing around with a dangerous substance that could seriously damage your health or even kill you. You may think you know what you're doing but you don't know the exact purity of the cocaine you're using and overdoses are a serious possibility in your future. You do not want a life of addiction. You do not want to get to the point where you surrender your life to a drug. Think about what you're doing.

Quote:
Overdose of cocaine results in one or more of the following: fast, irregular or weak heartbeat, breathing problems, heart failure, rupture of blood vessels in the brain and death.
Cocaine isn't worth it.

Source:
http://www.camh.net/About_Addiction_...caine_dyk.html
http://mental-health.families.com/bl...g-term-effects

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: random coke question - August 17th 2009, 08:43 PM

On the contrary, she's not doing it constantly. Doing coke once in a blue moon will not corrode or tear up the nasal passages.

Closed Thread