TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
PG2 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Inhaling Febreeze - August 20th 2009, 01:21 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[Edited by Jessie: inappropriate.] I have come here and started this thread for 1 sole purpose, which is helping me with my addiction to the act of inhaling febreeze. I will go through at least 1, if not 2 cans of the stuff every day, specifically the summerfruit because it makes me feel really high. Higher then weed has ever got me. I usually take a huge breathful, suck it down and then take some more. Trying to cut my addiction, I have gone to school without any, but I stole a kids inhaler and used the whole thing up. [Edited by Jessie: inappropriate.]

Anyways, I really need to know what to do, I can't go a day without it. I am near broke and writing this with almost no money at all, I can't afford any of my bills because I spent all my fucking money on it.

Also...IS IT NORMAL TO HAVE ONE PIECE OF PUB HAIR????? i mean wtf, is this normal. Im made fun off cuz i like ahve no hair and im 18. no hair in the pits, im bald, no hair in the chest, legs.... IT PISSES ME OFF, SOMEONE HELP ME. FIND ME A FREAKIN SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!

(i dont have cancer)

[Edited by Jessie: inappropriate.]

Last edited by PG2; August 26th 2009 at 01:39 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
notwhoithinkiam Offline
In a world full of bloo ponies
Not a n00b

Name: Kylee

Re: Inhaling Febreeze - August 20th 2009, 01:25 AM

well you need to talk to a doctor or go to a rehabilitation center possibly, asking your family for help is also a plus

[Rob] The best Mac app is iTax
[Mr.Cat] iFail is the best
[~Emily~] I like iMoneyless, myself.
[Steph] iHoes
now thoses apps we could all live with
[Jessie] I'm a pro at ass kicking. At just 5' tall.
that is ass-kicking tall

12:50 AM [Jack] Well being a guy I'll just go quit my law degree and go back to scratching my ball sack with a twig as I'm supposed to be doing apparently.
Jack's "angry" and sarcastic response to ppl thinking men are intelectually insufficient

(#3 (permalink)) Old
PG2 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Inhaling Febreeze - August 20th 2009, 01:27 AM

i dont have enough money to go to rehab

(#4 (permalink)) Old
notwhoithinkiam Offline
In a world full of bloo ponies
Not a n00b

Name: Kylee

Re: Inhaling Febreeze - August 20th 2009, 02:13 AM

talk to a doctor
or ask your family for somehelp in this

[Rob] The best Mac app is iTax
[Mr.Cat] iFail is the best
[~Emily~] I like iMoneyless, myself.
[Steph] iHoes
now thoses apps we could all live with
[Jessie] I'm a pro at ass kicking. At just 5' tall.
that is ass-kicking tall

12:50 AM [Jack] Well being a guy I'll just go quit my law degree and go back to scratching my ball sack with a twig as I'm supposed to be doing apparently.
Jack's "angry" and sarcastic response to ppl thinking men are intelectually insufficient

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: Inhaling Febreeze - August 20th 2009, 02:22 AM

Hey There,

If you don't have enough money, there are plenty of other options that are available to you in order for you to get help with your addiction. Some will take more work than others, but the important thing is to want to get and receive help. In order for you to get help, you have to reach out, and you have to want it:

1. You can talk to a school counsellor. There is probably an underlying reason why you started inhaling febreez. Perhaps a family issue, or trouble at school, what ever it was, I'm sure you could try talking about it to a school counsellor. They can also provide you with alternatives you can use.

2. If you live in the USA. There is an organisation called NAMI. http://www.nami.org Try to find one where you are located. They hold free group therapies, that may benefit you. They hold them for: AA, Substance abuse, depression, PTSD, anxiety, stress, and the list goes on. Perhaps if you were to go to one of these group therapies, they could help you with your addiction. They too could help you find other places to get help.

3. Self help books. Maybe you could go to a library and pick up a self help book. You really need to want to stop, in order for these to work. There are some lovely ones out there. I'm sure you could find one that will suit you. In these books they sometimes have credits where they get their information, and they also could provide you with other places to go for substance abuse.

4. Talk to someone close to you about getting help with your addiction. You don't have to go through this alone. I'm sure there are many people out there willing to help you. Such as your parents, a relative, a family friend, religious leader, or past teachers. If you find someone that is close to you, they could perhaps help you financially with treatment.

5. Get government aide to pay for treatment. The government can be a lovely resource to use. They can help with finances if you apply, and qualify for this type of aide. You will have to do a bit of researching online in order for this to go through.

So I have provided you with five different options for treatment. I hope that at least one works for you. Remember that you don't have to go through this alone. Maybe tell a buddy that will help you get past your urges, and will encourage you to stop. There is help out there, you just have to ask. I hope this message finds you well. Please take care of yourself.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
freemefast Offline
freemenow
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: anonymous

Re: Inhaling Febreeze - September 1st 2009, 08:05 AM

.This is insanity man... not the hair but the febreeze..so its aerosol?
I wouldn't know which chemical in the febreeze prompted you to feel high.
But with the hair problem, I would definitly check my genes. And ask yourself is my mom hairless, what about my dad, or grandfather or grandmother. Even if your parents are hairy u might have a trait that your great great grandpa had that's unknown to your imediate family family. I personally just discovered my sister had the sickle cells virus that was passed by one of my great grandmothers that is now desiesed[I'm sure that's spelled wrong].Well I'm no professional but I know a little biology. If I'm wrong I accept guilt

Closed Thread