TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives


You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
freemefast Offline
freemenow
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
freemefast's Avatar
 
Name: anonymous
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Location: anonomous

Posts: 8
Join Date: August 28th 2009

Lightbulb Fatal dosages - August 30th 2009, 08:24 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I am AGAINST drug use completely. This is a guide to dosages; teens overdose regularly in the united states, partially because when they get ahold of a substance or a lot of it they just take it for granite without knowing the dosage limit for fatality. I am NOT and have not ever been a drug user but my younger teen years forced me to sell almost all of the drugs available for people to use.

Marijuana- almost impossible to o.d. unless u smoke 2 ounces or so(that's over 50 blunts) People obtain numerous mental illnesses in the brain, branching off to this substance.

Ectasy a.k.a. thizz pills - first time users have had their heart stop by popping a single triple stack.

:eroin- people have died ingesting as little as 200-500mg of this transformed morphine

Mushrooms- dosages over 5 grams may cause a unintended suicide. (People have become so extremly paranoid they kill theirselves in fear).

Cocaine- 1.5g a.k.a 8-ball is fatal in most cases involving teens

Codeine- varies dramatically, heart can stop for after high feeling has left.

L.S.D./ acid- almost impossible to o.d. but is mind altering (my bestfriend died by taking over 300 micrograms; he jumped off a bridge onto a freeway. Before he did he called me and said, "I'm hearing voices and seeing people that I've seen die, they are all following me." He was only 17.)

Ketamine a.k.a. special k- do not in your life ever take this, you leave your body and u can see yourself from a skyview, u have no contoll over anything u just stand there in a crazy pose looking ridiculous, slurring everything you say. Similar to this "imdah humbda" or"help me I am dead". As users think they are living dead. Suicide is commited often without even knowing.

Pcp a.k.a sherm- they use this to put in dead bodies to make them stiff..why would u use this. Thousands have killed theirselves high on this substance. They think their already dead apparently.

If u have read this I recommend u stop doing these drugs as soon as possible please flush them away from your life. If any information here is found missleading you, please research it and correct me. My facts are based on personal experience and one on one conversations with former addicts and current addicts. I've grown up faster than I should and I have lived a rough life. My mom is a drug addict.(its sad). I really know what I'm talking about. You loose more than what u think u will in the end. If your ready to quit Please contact somebody or some agency. Please! I've heard some extremly macabre and terrifiying stories from addicts. I would love to share. Pm me

Last edited by freemefast; August 30th 2009 at 08:44 AM. Reason: typo's
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ollie- Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Ollie-'s Avatar
 
Name: Ollie
Gender: Male
Location: norfolk

Posts: 46
Join Date: January 12th 2009

Re: Fatal dosages - August 30th 2009, 01:49 PM

i hope people dont take my post the wrong way but alot of the information you have stated is incorrect, if people want to use drugs or at least learn about them the safest way is to give the accurate information and not to scare them of with biased propaganda.

Firstly the best site to research drugs is erowid.org, it provides non biased accounts and information on pritty much every drug.

From erowid: "Embalming fluid, as used in a mortuary, is traditionally made from
formaldehyde. It does not contain PCP. Formaldehyde and PCP are
completely different chemicals, which are not related. Formaldehyde is
a known carcinogen linked to nasal and lung cancer, and with possible
links to brain cancer and leukemia and should not be smoked."

Also about acid and mushrooms, yes people have killed themselves before, but this is mainly people who have a mental problem that hasnt surfaced, heard of set and setting? if you are not in the right mindset before taking any hallucinogenic drug then there is a high chance you will have a bad trip, but that does not mean that you are going to kill yourself, alot of people also learn from a badtrip about themselves. a 5g dose of mushrooms is not a fatal dose, but it is considered a heavy dose by erowid.

Also you cant tell what a lethal dose of pills are considering there are hundreds of them all containing different chemicals. You said that a triple stacked pill can make your heart stop, yes, more than likely if you have a heart condition, i have personally seen people take 3 double stacked pills which equivialates to 6 pills and be fine the next day, its all about responsibility and knowing your limits, im not saying anyone should go out and take a heck load of pills, but if anyone is going to use this site to make an decision about drugs then they should know what is going to happen. Most deaths which occur whilst on ecstasy which is very little, around just over 100 reported cases since 1996 happen due to people either drinking too much water or not drinking enough, sipping on a pint of water an hour is the safest way to ensure that you wont go into hyperthermia / hyponatremia.

"heroin- people have died ingesting as little as 200-500mg of this transformed morphine"

this is an extremely high dosage, even saying this is extremely irresponsible.
erowid states that:

Intravenous Heroin Dosages
w/ no tolerance w/ heavy tolerance
Common 5 - 10 mg 20 - 40 mg
Strong 8 - 15 mg 40 - 60 mg

Smoked Heroin Dosages
Common 15 - 25 mg
Strong 20 - 30 mg

Oral Heroin Dosages
Common 50 - 70 mg

therefore "as little" as 200-500mg is an extremely high dosage which would cause an immediate overdose.

Also where did you base your facts that people doing ketamine often kill themselves without even knowing? i know alot of people who use this drug ALOT and none of them have ever heard of someone killing themselves whilst on it.

sorry if people see this as an advocation of drug use, it is not, im against them but if people are going to be educated on here then its best they have the right information.
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
mr_null Offline
Formerly known as mr_null
Average Joe
***
 
mr_null's Avatar
 
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 101
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Fatal dosages - August 30th 2009, 02:46 PM

Ya did good Ollie... ya did good.
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
Synaestheasiaen's Avatar
 

Posts: 192
Join Date: June 26th 2009

Re: Fatal dosages - August 30th 2009, 08:00 PM

I agree with Ollie. I didn't finish reading the original post after seeing all the errors in it.
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Member
I can't get enough
*********
 
InSovietRussiaORGASMGotU's Avatar
 

Posts: 2,088
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Fatal dosages - August 31st 2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemefast View Post
Marijuana- almost impossible to o.d. unless u smoke 2 ounces or so(that's over 50 blunts) People obtain numerous mental illnesses in the brain, branching off to this substance.
Wrong. The LD50 is about 1500 pounds or about 23986 ounces smoked in 15 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemefast View Post
Ectasy a.k.a. thizz pills - first time users have had their heart stop by popping a single triple stack.
This isn't common and unless you have documented evidence of this, it's dismissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemefast View Post
:eroin- people have died ingesting as little as 200-500mg of this transformed morphine
As little!?! That's a ridiculous amount, even if someone were to have a very high tolerance to heroin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemefast View Post
Mushrooms- dosages over 5 grams may cause a unintended suicide. (People have become so extremly paranoid they kill theirselves in fear).
5 g or more is good enough to be a probable fatal dose, although this is due to the amount of psilocin and other compounds in it, not because they have a "bad trip" and freak out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemefast View Post
Cocaine- 1.5g a.k.a 8-ball is fatal in most cases involving teens
In rats the LD50 is 95 mg/Kg. You can do the math from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemefast View Post
Codeine- varies dramatically, heart can stop for after high feeling has left.
Seeing as how codeine is far weaker than both morphine and heroin, it's unlikely a small dose will make the heart stop, even if the person is on warfarin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemefast View Post
L.S.D./ acid- almost impossible to o.d. but is mind altering (my bestfriend died by taking over 300 micrograms; he jumped off a bridge onto a freeway. Before he did he called me and said, "I'm hearing voices and seeing people that I've seen die, they are all following me." He was only 17.)
300 micrograms is a fairly strong dose, however, it is possible to get an overdose on, such as 12,000 micrograms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemefast View Post
Ketamine a.k.a. special k- do not in your life ever take this, you leave your body and u can see yourself from a skyview, u have no contoll over anything u just stand there in a crazy pose looking ridiculous, slurring everything you say. Similar to this "imdah humbda" or"help me I am dead". As users think they are living dead. Suicide is commited often without even knowing.
What in the blue hell are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemefast View Post
Pcp a.k.a sherm- they use this to put in dead bodies to make them stiff..why would u use this. Thousands have killed theirselves high on this substance. They think their already dead apparently.
It's pretty cool but dead bodies can become stiff by themselves. And what's even more amazing is the fluids that may be used DON'T contain PCP.

Where did you get all of this information from? There hasn't been a single piece of information you've given that is correct.

I admire your attempts to tell people to avoid illegal drug abuse, however, if you're going to do this, actually get proper data that supports whatever "personal experiences" you may write.
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
mr_null Offline
Formerly known as mr_null
Average Joe
***
 
mr_null's Avatar
 
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Location: Canada

Posts: 101
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: Fatal dosages - August 31st 2009, 07:21 PM

To the above, 5g of mushrooms is not enough to kill you, in fact the Dutch government did a study that showed shrooms to have no harmful physical effects at all.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushroo...ms_health1.pdf

To the OP, your LSD claim is suspect... how the hell did you know how much your friend was taking? Psychedelics (marijuana included) don't cause "numerous mental illnesses in the brain" unless latent illnesses were there already. As far as people committing suicide on shrooms/acid... if you know what you're doing before you take it and ensure proper set and setting you'll be fine... really all it boils down to is DOING PROPER RESEARCH BEFORE YOU DO ANY DRUGS. If you're in the habit of ingesting substances you know nothing about then you shouldn't be surprised if it ends in tragedy.
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
LadiesLlama Offline
|Bring On The Rain|
Average Joe
***
 
LadiesLlama's Avatar
 
Age: 29
Gender: Male

Posts: 194
Blog Entries: 1
Join Date: January 22nd 2009

Re: Fatal dosages - August 31st 2009, 07:50 PM

I think that the intent of this thread is to help people, not criticize people on the advice they give. Regardless of the mistakes, the intent is still there. The intent is to help people.

To the OP, did you base this all off of personal experiences, the facts you stated, or did you get them from websites? It is a good idea, for future reference, to include the references of where you got your information from every website you get it from. For example, leave a link to the site you got it from or quote it in your posts. Either way, it shows that what you're saying is completely sound.

Thanks for posting.




||I knew when I looked in his eyes ||
||That he was gonna be
trouble for me ||


PM||VM

   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
MechanicGodCreation's Avatar
 

Posts: 289
Join Date: March 29th 2009

Re: Fatal dosages - August 31st 2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
therefore "as little" as 200-500mg is an extremely high dosage which would cause an immediate overdose.
That would depend on how high of a tolerance the person has. To a newcomer of the drug, yes, that would almost certainly be fatal. But if you were a hardened addict, that could be a something of a regular dose.

Of course this also all depends on the purity of the drug, and the user themselves.

I think the main message here is to stay away from drugs in general. Not to argue about how much is fatal.
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough
*********
 
Katrina's Avatar
 
Name: Katrina
Gender: Female
Location: New York.

Posts: 3,114
Blog Entries: 4
Join Date: January 5th 2009

Re: Fatal dosages - August 31st 2009, 09:21 PM

Hey there.

First of all, I would like to thank you for caring about our users enough to collect some information. I also am very sorry to hear about the loss of your best friend. I've never lost someone close to me before, but I know it's one of the hardest things in the world to bounce back from, so please know that I think you're very, very strong to keep pushing through in spite of your loss. As for your mom, I have also never had a close family member to abuse drugs, but I hope that, one day, she will realize that there is more to life than drugs, because I know this would make you immensely happy. (:

Now, after reading through your thread and speaking with some other staff members who frequent this forum, I am making the decision to close your thread. I am very uncomfortable with allowing your thread to remain open, mostly because of the many people we have on these boards who DO read these threads and take them to heart. After doing a little research of my own, I have found that some of your figures are very different from the figures of factually based research, and thus I don't want to put those numbers in the wrong hands. (For example, if someone decided to try just under your fatal dosage for so-and-so drug, and your number was entirely too high, that, in itself, could be fatal, and we don't want that).

As per our forum rules:

Quote:
All facts stated in this forum (whether pro- or anti-) should be verifiable, preferably by stating a source for any claims.
I do realize that your intent in posting this was completely admirable, and I, once again, thank you for that. However, I just don't feel okay with leaving potentially incorrect fatal dosages open for the world to see.

We on TeenHelp have comprised a list of Substance Abuse Resources that we feel are factual, research-based, and educational rather than biased towards or against drug use, and if you or anyone else would like to add to the list, which can be found here, please by all means PM me with any links and I'll definitely check them out.

Also, another site that MechanicGodCreation just found (thanks, Dylan!) can be found here, Honest Drug Information on Use and Treatment if anyone would like to go do further research on truly fatal dosages.

I'll leave you with the fact that me closing this thread will hopefully not make any of you feel that I am pro- or anti- drug use, because I in fact attempt to have no bias when making moderator calls, but if someone does disagree with this, please don't hesitate to contact the Disputes Committee by using this form.

Take care, everyone.



  Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
dosages, fatal

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright 1998-2019, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.