TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Punkforlife Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Lost and confused - September 1st 2009, 04:14 AM

I don't go to the best of schools but its a school that works with my parents. I'm in highschool and a lot of the kids there do drugs. Today in class some girl was passing around some drugs in a camera film container (I believe it was marijana). I don't get into people's life but I sit in front of her and could hear her talking about how she had like 7 full containers of it and on Saturday she had some birthday party and now she only has like a little left in on container. She passed it around class to some other students and they smelt it and commented on how good it was. I was quiet, a bit shocked as well as I pretended not to pay attention. Then they said they were going to smoke it at break (which is a 10 minute break from class) and I got a bit scared.

I've always been one to not like drugs, my mom was a drug addict but thankfully has been getting help and is now drug free. I know drugs are bad...but everyone at my school does it. Even some of the girls who have babies who are like 2 months old. I want to fit in...I don't want to be the odd ball out but...I don't really want to do drugs. I know its bad and I hate the smell of any kind of drug. I'm lost...and confused at how people can just...throw their lives away I guess. I was nervous that they'd smoke it and come back to class high and do something stupid.

Can anyone give me some good advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Re: Lost and confused - September 1st 2009, 05:31 AM

Stick to your beliefs, you obviously don't want to do it so don't begin doing it merely to be in the "in-group". You'll find that there are many others like yourself who share your views but they're probably quiet also.

But I have a question for you: would you like to be one of those girls, having to become pregnant, give birth, face the wrath of your parents for it and then do some drugs and face the wrath for that? Just stick to your beliefs and since your beliefs are to not do illegal drugs, then don't do illegal drugs.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Lost and confused - September 2nd 2009, 01:25 AM

As YourNightmare correctly stated, I doubt you're alone in this. I think what you should do is seek out those who are of the same opinion. Probably quiet about it, to avoid being singled out.

If you really don't want to do it, I would advise you not to. Stick to your beliefs no matter what, it's the best decision you can make. I doubt that anyone will be down on you for not doing it, most people don't really care that much to be honest. If you don't want to smoke, it's your decision, and a respectable one at that. Good luck!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Lost and confused - September 4th 2009, 12:33 AM

Considering it's just weed they're taking apparently, I doubt they'd do anything life threatening. And if they did do something stupid to get themselves in trouble, hey that's their problem. They were lame enough to smoke pot in school so it's whatever. not your problem. I hope you know that doing drugs never equals you fitting in. You need to do that on your own. When you learn to accept yourself, you'll be comfortable saying you're drug free and if anyone has anything to say about that, than they aren't worth your time. I thought the same thing was true until I got to college and saw so many people who aren't into drugs or drinking and they are equal accepted. It's not a big deal. Be happy with who you are.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: Lost and confused - September 4th 2009, 05:46 PM

So many people your age experiment with weed. It is just a social norm these days.

You are obviously fully aware of the risks that taking drugs entails as you've seen your Mother suffer with addiction.
Never take something unless you're 100% sure that you actually want to. Taking it so that you fit in is not good, you become impressionable and will jump from drug to drug in an attempt to continue to keep 'in' with the crowd.
A lot of these people sound extremely irresponsible, smoking with such young children and what not. This itself should scream to you that they are not the sort of people you want to be fitting in with. You obviously have your head screwed on tight, follow your own mind, be who you are.

Closed Thread