TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Drugs, Alcohol and Addiction Whether you are combating substance abuse or struggling with another addiction such as gambling, this forum is here to provide support and answer your questions.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
brs6771 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brittany

Points: 9,521, Level: 14 Points: 9,521, Level: 14 Points: 9,521, Level: 14

Unhappy Sex addiction? or what? - August 19th 2009, 04:28 AM

Sorry this is kinda embarassing. But i really need help. I have a constant urge to have sex. its rediculous. Usually i want my ex. He is all i want. But he doesnt pay any attention to me. So i go else where.
I do have a fear of being alone, but when i have sex its SOOO much more. Its like, i feel wanted, and i feel loved. And when im not, reality hits, and i know im in a world where my ex bf doesnt want me anymore and everyone is using me.

Its like i need to get attention... yes it helps more with sex, cuz its the closest ne one can get, but i bug people to hold me when i sleep with them. expecially my ex, i kinda stil llive with him... so i want him to be around every second of everyday...

I feel so alone, and scared idk theres more to it, but i dont know how to explain it. can someone PLEASE help me
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
ShAtTerEd HeaRt Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Winter

Points: 16,890, Level: 18 Points: 16,890, Level: 18 Points: 16,890, Level: 18

Re: Sex addiction? or what? - August 19th 2009, 05:01 AM

First of all, You need to talk to your ex about how you feel that he doesnt pay much attention to you. Trust me, It is the key to a healthy relationship! And if he doesnt pay attention to you (And i know this may be very hard) Then say, Well then i guess were done if your gonna be that way.

And hell probley be begging you even crying to have you back but trust me
My grandpa begged my grandma back when she was about to breakup with him.
She gave in, And then right after that he just went back to him old self and didnt change at all even after he begged her back and she gave in.

So dont give in! they are not gonna treat you any better by you giving in to their begs.
Its just not the right thing to do for yourself.

And (Now im not trying to be rude or insult you or anything and i really mean that)

But mabie some counceling may help? ive bene in counceling for over about 2 years now its helped SO MUCH. Just find a trained nice, healthy counceler that can help.
Mabie you could meet with them before you start your counceling with them?

That way, You can figure out if they are the right counceler for you or not.

Also, Finnaly Sex DOES NOT DO ANY GOOD IT DOESNT! you can find love and respect from other people like family members and friends without having sex. And on top of that

if you end up finding that your ex just isnt the one then you can save up that special time with someone that you truly love and that truly love you and it be way more meaningful. Am i right? and it feels way more amazing and great when you know its meaningful. Trust me!

Pm me any time! thats the advise i would give you for now. But talking to him about whats going on can be the very step to recover you, and your relationship.

Goodluck!
-Jocelynn
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
brs6771 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brittany

Points: 9,521, Level: 14 Points: 9,521, Level: 14 Points: 9,521, Level: 14

Re: Sex addiction? or what? - August 19th 2009, 04:33 PM

I wish my ex would come begging back... he left me! im begging for him back! one time i got so fed up of being ignored i moved out with my cousin for 3 months! he was tlkin 2 someone else...

so i asked to come back nd he said only cuz there is a baby in the picture now... and thats y i cant just leave and stay gone. i cant raise a baby by myself.

My family doesnt help that much either. my dad is abusive, mmy mom wont rly talk to me, grandma has alzheimers and everyone else is pissed at me that im still talking to my ex, so they dnt talk to me. its hard ya kno?

i wish it was possible to just cut out the sex. but without it im MISERABLE. i feel like everyone hates me. when im not talking to a guy i think about me and my ex, and just how rough it is to deal with my life... idk i wish i could just stop... its not that easy
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Hollifire Offline
Smile; you're beautiful.
I've been here a while

Name: Holly

Points: 36,471, Level: 27 Points: 36,471, Level: 27 Points: 36,471, Level: 27

Re: Sex addiction? or what? - August 21st 2009, 04:52 PM

Sorry to say this, but you broke up for a reason, yes? And he's not paying you any attention, correct? The best thing is to move on. Also, it's not the best idea to fill your void of loneliness with having meaningless sex with random people. It may feel good at the moment, but later on, you're just going to regret everything.

Getting over someone is hard, I've been there, as well as a lot of other people. It's going to take time, but you can't just go off and do reckless things. Hang out with friends and family more. Get into new hobbies or sports, something other than what you're doing right now.

In time, you'll forget about your ex, even if it doesn't seem like you will right now.

Hang in there.

xx

PM VM

x See the trick is that you're never supposed to act on it
No matter how unbearable this misery gets x
Closed Thread