TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stephan Nicholi Hepl

Pills n Inhalints - September 4th 2009, 09:39 PM

I am addicted to inhalants and i want to do pills. i like some kind of linen disinfectant spray. I do the spray like all the time. If my mom finds out she is gonna really hate me. I dont know what to do about these addictions.
  Send a message via Yahoo to StephanNicholiHepler  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
allikuja Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Pills n Inhalints - September 5th 2009, 05:19 AM

stop. inhalants are terrible terrible terrible for you and if you already have issues with your addiction to that, why would you consider starting on pills? :\

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while

Name: no

Re: Pills n Inhalints - September 5th 2009, 01:03 PM

If you have to choose one or the other, I'd stick with the pills... not that I'm saying it's okay to do them. It's just an inhalent can so easily kill you on one round. At least with pills you can control the amount you ingest.

I love the name of honour more than I fear death.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Marvin Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Marvin

Re: Pills n Inhalints - September 5th 2009, 10:53 PM

If by pills, you mean something like E, it's probably one hell of a lot safer for you, as so long as you don't dehydrate, or over hydrate, you should be ok with little long term effects if any. But at your age, you shouldn't be doing drugs, you need to learn to enjoy life by simply living, and without the need for other substances.

As for inhalants... no offence kid, but they are a stupid thing to do, they are pretty much highly potentionally fatal, they'll give you terrible health problems, and they are just nasty, scummy drugs. You need to stop taking them. Try cold turkey, as in just stop taking them, stay away from access to them. If you find you can't do that, limit yourself how much you can take, how often, and stick to it. Slowly cut it down, and do it less often. So say in week one, cut it down to once 5 days in the week, the week after, once 4 days in a week, and so on till you are down to once a week, and then once every 2 weeks, maybe then once a month. Show yourself how you dont need it all the time. Or take the cutting down idea and do it at a slightly quicker rate.

If you ever want to do pills, I wouldn't even try it till you've overcome your current addiction, and I'd definately wait till you are in a stable place in your life, and have someone to take care of you while you try them, to make sure you are ok if anything goes wrong.

You are just a kid, drugs aren't a good idea.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Pills n Inhalints - September 6th 2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invert View Post
If by pills, you mean something like E, it's probably one hell of a lot safer for you, as so long as you don't dehydrate, or over hydrate, you should be ok with little long term effects if any. But at your age, you shouldn't be doing drugs, you need to learn to enjoy life by simply living, and without the need for other substances.

As for inhalants... no offence kid, but they are a stupid thing to do, they are pretty much highly potentionally fatal, they'll give you terrible health problems, and they are just nasty, scummy drugs. You need to stop taking them. Try cold turkey, as in just stop taking them, stay away from access to them. If you find you can't do that, limit yourself how much you can take, how often, and stick to it. Slowly cut it down, and do it less often. So say in week one, cut it down to once 5 days in the week, the week after, once 4 days in a week, and so on till you are down to once a week, and then once every 2 weeks, maybe then once a month. Show yourself how you dont need it all the time. Or take the cutting down idea and do it at a slightly quicker rate.

If you ever want to do pills, I wouldn't even try it till you've overcome your current addiction, and I'd definately wait till you are in a stable place in your life, and have someone to take care of you while you try them, to make sure you are ok if anything goes wrong.

You are just a kid, drugs aren't a good idea.

Tegan is correct that drugs aren't a good idea, and the advice given about the inhalants was great . Please do listen to that. Inhalants are never a good idea.

But, I do want to say that no matter what, illegal drugs shouldn't be considered as an option. The effects of E are very unpredictable, and should be considered dangerous. There is an article here on what we know about the dangers of the drug. Also, pills are never a good idea to use for a high, there is the danger of damage to your body, not to mention accidental overdose. You can never be sure how your body will react to illegal substances (or even large doses of legal ones), so please don't make the decision to try them.

I would just like to point out something from the forum rules, which can be found on a sticky here.

Quote:
Do not give instructions on how to use or abuse drugs, alcohol, or other illegal substances. Do not post recipes, locations to obtain drugs or alcohol, or methods to take drugs. Encouraging the usage of drugs, alcohol, or any illegal substance in any form will not be tolerated.
To the OP, best of luck to you.
If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to PM me

Take care,
-Dylan

Closed Thread