TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
aphroditelives Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: NuNu

Question try pot and pills? - September 9th 2009, 03:28 AM

im a freshman and ive met some really nice ppl but they do drugs like pot/weed. they rnt mean at all, they're actually good ppl. but lately ive been wanting to try it. i mean... there r drug dogs everywhere. so probably not a good idea, but ive also been thinking about pills. i dn tkno why im trying to cause trouble in my life. maybe to know im still here? that im in controll? im not sure at all. really confused

(#2 (permalink)) Old
steven15 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: marilynn

Re: try pot and pills? - September 9th 2009, 04:34 AM

will i tryed weed and it messed up my life i stared to get in truble by cops and skiping skool.. and if u pop a phill then im sorry..

marilynn
  Send a message via MSN to steven15 Send a message via Yahoo to steven15  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: try pot and pills? - September 9th 2009, 08:58 PM

Hey there,
Sorry you are feeling so pressured to do drugs and pop pills. Drugs aren't the answer though! Don't give in to peer pressure no matter how much you want to. It won't help anything at all. It may not seem like it but if you do you will just be digging a deeper hole for yourself. There are other ways to prove to yourself you are still here. You don't need to do bad things to prove you are in control. If you start doing drugs you will not be in control of your life anymore. Just because people do drugs doesn't mean they aren't nice. It will just take control over your brain and it will be harder to make good decisions. Think before you do anything that could harm you and change the rest of your life. Stay strong and don't give into the pressure.
I'm here if you need anything.
~Alessa

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
A Offline
Not a n00b

Re: try pot and pills? - September 9th 2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rchik View Post
Hey there,
Sorry you are feeling so pressured to do drugs and pop pills. Drugs aren't the answer though! Don't give in to peer pressure no matter how much you want to. It won't help anything at all. It may not seem like it but if you do you will just be digging a deeper hole for yourself. There are other ways to prove to yourself you are still here. You don't need to do bad things to prove you are in control. If you start doing drugs you will not be in control of your life anymore. Just because people do drugs doesn't mean they aren't nice. It will just take control over your brain and it will be harder to make good decisions. Think before you do anything that could harm you and change the rest of your life. Stay strong and don't give into the pressure.
I'm here if you need anything.
~Alessa
I don't think peer pressure is actually a very major contributory factor in the OP's desire to try cannabis. Rather, she is just naturally curious (like all humans). OP should act upon her own judgement.

Your misrepresentation of the facts and presumptions about the OP are also quite remarkable. Why do you assume she has some kind of dreadful emotional crisis that she's using drugs to ameliorate? Perhaps she's just interested in what it'd feel like. I know it's an insane notion to think that humans may want to satiate their curiosity just because they are naturally curious beings, but do try to think about that. Secondly, "drugs" are not all the same thing. You're acting as if trying cannabis is one step away from becoming a crystal meth addict. Do some research* and be realistic; is cannabis really so ruinous that you'd say it permanently addles one's decision making ability and brain?

The "pills" I cannot comment on, because I don't know what kind of pills they are, but the OP should specify now.

OP, do what you want. It's your body. But be educated, don't consume any drug that you're not comfortable with and stop if you feel that the drugs are negatively affecting you.

* http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml

(#5 (permalink)) Old
aphroditelives Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: try pot and pills? - September 9th 2009, 09:43 PM

thanks. i just want to know.. no one is pressuing me. i have a couple friends who do it.. but they dnt want to pressure me into anything i dnt want to do.

and whats OP?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jack

Re: try pot and pills? - September 9th 2009, 09:49 PM

First, I'd like to say welcome to TH. It's always nice to see new faces around.

If you're wanting to "get your life under control" drugs will not do that for you, only you can do that for you. Try something else to feel in control like work at your education, join a club, go to parties. Control is in your power every second of every day. Taking drugs wont help control anymore than getting drunk will.

However, I will say this: Weed, as a drug, will not destroy your life: Some of the most intelligent, successful and hard working people I know use it. However you may suffer consequences if caught with it. As with everything in life, if done in moderation you should not have any issues. If you want to try it: Then try it. Just don't expect it to change anything in your life because it wont. I wont be encouraging you to try it but I'm not going to lie and say that weed is the worst thing you could do either.

Pills on the otherhand are a different matter, make sure you're educated about taking them, know what is in them, only get them from a trustworthy source and do so safely if you must.

Be safe, be educated and, if you still feel you must do it, then be circumspect.

Oh and OP means Original Poster. AKA you.

Last edited by Jack; September 9th 2009 at 09:56 PM.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
aphroditelives Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: try pot and pills? - September 9th 2009, 10:23 PM

ohhhh. okayyy. thanks.
thanks for being honest. but how do i get educated??

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Re: try pot and pills? - September 9th 2009, 10:53 PM

Research it on the internet, there are plenty of good websites out there just don't trust everything you read. As A said above: http://www.erowid.org/ seems to be quite a good site. Other sites such as "Talk To Frank" are supposedly good, after all they are run by the government, however they are exceedingly biased and often wildly inaccurate.

Look up the effects and side-effects so that you'll recognise them (especially for pills as they can be extremely dodgy). Talk to your friends, ask questions about anything you're not comfortable doing or are unsure about.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Riscar23 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: try pot and pills? - September 10th 2009, 02:08 AM

I have tried weed, twice actually now and honestly I didn't feel this "buzz" everyone is talking about so I really won't try it again lol. I know I had one the first time actually and everyone else managed to pull off this "buzz" and I didn't so I was like wtf I'm done gave it another shot same thing.

Like Jack said educate yourself, I have to say don't do pills I have heard some nasty stuff from that.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: try pot and pills? - September 10th 2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
I don't think peer pressure is actually a very major contributory factor in the OP's desire to try cannabis. Rather, she is just naturally curious (like all humans). OP should act upon her own judgement.

Your misrepresentation of the facts and presumptions about the OP are also quite remarkable. Why do you assume she has some kind of dreadful emotional crisis that she's using drugs to ameliorate? Perhaps she's just interested in what it'd feel like. I know it's an insane notion to think that humans may want to satiate their curiosity just because they are naturally curious beings, but do try to think about that. Secondly, "drugs" are not all the same thing. You're acting as if trying cannabis is one step away from becoming a crystal meth addict. Do some research* and be realistic; is cannabis really so ruinous that you'd say it permanently addles one's decision making ability and brain?
First of all I read some of her other posts before responding to this one which is why I knew she was going through other emotional things. Also, peer pressure isn't just people making you do something. It is also when you see other people doing something and because they are doing you want to do it. If they weren't doing it in the first place then you may have never felt to do it in the first place.

Second, I know not all drugs are the same but I was just using the word drugs instead of saying weed since that's what the OP used in her first post. So I'm sorry if I misinterpreted what the OP was saying but I was also using the other facts I knew from her previous posts.

To NuNu: You can get educated by researching about these things before trying them. You can use the internet or check out the library to educate yourself.

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
cosmicillusion Offline
bella.
Not a n00b

Name: bella

Re: try pot and pills? - September 10th 2009, 07:41 PM

i would strongly recommend to not try weed or pills. strongly.
everyone's bodies are different so the way that one of your friends reacts to pills can be completely different than how you could react.
you never know about pills and drugs. youre first time could be youre last. and by last i mean, you could easily overdose and die. :\

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Jack Offline
I've been here a while

Re: try pot and pills? - September 10th 2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbellaaa View Post
i would strongly recommend to not try weed or pills. strongly.
everyone's bodies are different so the way that one of your friends reacts to pills can be completely different than how you could react.
you never know about pills and drugs. youre first time could be youre last. and by last i mean, you could easily overdose and die. :\
Again, I don't want you to think I'm encouraging drug use however I think that correct information is the most important thing when it comes to drugs.

Firstly, not one single person has EVER overdosed and died from weed. If 1 is the amount of marijuana it would take to get you intoxicated then the amount needed to kill you is 40,000, it is generally considered impossible to fatally overdose on marijuana/cannabis/weed/pot. Compared to something like alcohol it is actually safer, at least in the short term.

Secondly, not to disagree this time, to add onto the previos post: Most of the deaths caused by pills (I assume we're talking MDMA or some variant here?) are due to the fact that people sell other things and claim that it is ecstasy when really it is something dangerous like PMA or some such thing. Overdoses are also a concern, but they can be avoided through common sense: But you almost NEVER know for certain what is in a pill. It could be ecstasy, it could be 50% ecstasy and 50% something else or just 100% PMA, there is no way of telling. I would recommend staying away from them unless you're pretty damn sure of what you're doing and unless you're sure you can rely on the people you're with to do the right thing if something goes wrong.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
A Offline
Not a n00b

Re: try pot and pills? - September 10th 2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rchik View Post
First of all I read some of her other posts before responding to this one which is why I knew she was going through other emotional things. Also, peer pressure isn't just people making you do something. It is also when you see other people doing something and because they are doing you want to do it. If they weren't doing it in the first place then you may have never felt to do it in the first place.

Second, I know not all drugs are the same but I was just using the word drugs instead of saying weed since that's what the OP used in her first post. So I'm sorry if I misinterpreted what the OP was saying but I was also using the other facts I knew from her previous posts.

To NuNu: You can get educated by researching about these things before trying them. You can use the internet or check out the library to educate yourself.
... Or you could do research yourself so you aren't necessitated to try to make up weak excuses as to why you lumped "drugs" into one category earlier.

I think it was pretty obvious she was just curious about drugs, really.

And no, peer pressure does not include watching people doing something and wanting to do it. That's not "pressure". It's actually called "copying". It's like saying that all adults who buy alcohol in supermarkets are encouraging the underage people who see them to drink gallons of alcohol.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/peer_pressure
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/peer+pressures
http://dictionary.reference.com/brow...?db=dictionary

Peer pressure is encouragement to partake in a certain activity. It's not just standing around smoking drugs with people watching.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: try pot and pills? - September 11th 2009, 01:52 AM

Weed is a fairly trivial drug, as far as drugs go, and you can't overdose on it. However, you shouldn't do illegal drugs, especially if it's just to be cool. Stick to your morals. People who smoke weed can also be nice people, for sure. Just, be careful who you get involved with in the long run.

People seem to be disputing trivial facts that are very off topic, and the OP has mentioned that their question has been answered so, I'm going to close this now. Nunu, you can PM me if you feel it should be re-opened.

Closed Thread