TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xoxo_ciao Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stella

Not sure what to do. - October 19th 2009, 11:31 PM

I recently started drinking with my friends...it's just for fun and we never really get totally wasted. We only do it like once a month too...but I want it all the time. Just now I was seriously considering breaking into my parents stash. They have tequila and whiskey that they're saving for a special occasion (I'm convinced they're waiting till I move out lol) and I was going to open the tequila when I started to think about what would happen if my dad realized the seal had been broken. It's not one of those bottles where it would have been totally noticeable...but still. He could notice. He's not as strict as my mom when it comes to this stuff, but because I'd be going behind their back, of course that would make it worse. I'm acting like I'm trying to hide something. But sometimes talking to them is like talking to the police. I don't want them to know everything I do. I mean, my dad thinks that time he let me try a margarita was my first time to taste alcohol. I've thought about asking them to get some of those cool tropical beers and explaining to them that if I'm going to drink wouldn't they rather me do it at home? Because once I'm gone (at college) there's no stopping me. I'd want my kids to get it out of there system before they're off on their own.

Anyway...I'm not dependent on it...but my friends all jokingly call me an alcoholic and I'm afraid there may be some truth behind that. I mean...I was going to jack their tequila...how lame is that?

I don't really know what kind of advice I'm looking for. I may or may not have a problem. Maybe I just wanted to vent.

"I heard once that love is friendship on fire.
That's how I feel about you."
  Send a message via AIM to xoxo_ciao  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: Not sure what to do. - October 26th 2009, 10:32 PM

Hey, you know. You're young, you're free... So many of us go through that stage in life. Wanting to drink, get the buzz. It's something new, it's liberating, etc. I wouldn't worry too much about it. When you're somewhat sheltered from something like alcohol and then the door is opened to that world you are bound to be prone to the novelty of it.

My parents let me drink from a young age 12/13. Not to extremes, a beer on weekends and then allowed me to have more as I grew older and that stunted my urge to abuse alcohol, because it wasn't something new and exciting.

But don't feel you have a problem. It's all perfectly normal.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
xoxo_ciao Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Stella

Re: Not sure what to do. - October 27th 2009, 10:21 PM

Ugh, yeah I know you're right. But I'm 18, I just wish I could have already learned by now what it's like instead of having to go to college wanting to try new things. I'd probably be marked as alcoholic if got there and they saw me like that, but I've been away from it for two months and I don't really feel any need for it anymore. Maybe now it can just be something to kick back with and enjoy? Lol, well thanks for the input.

"I heard once that love is friendship on fire.
That's how I feel about you."
  Send a message via AIM to xoxo_ciao  
Closed Thread