TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hear my whispers in the dark..
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Just can't stop... - December 13th 2009, 01:44 AM

Hey guys,
I think I need help...
I can't stop getting high and drunk. It's all I think about. Whenever I'm sober, I hate who I am. And all I think about is when I can get my next fix. I'm not 21 yet, so I can't legally drink, but that never stops me. I'm so desperate for a high or for a drink that I actually steal alcohol and vicodin from people. If I can't drink or get high, I get really irritable and I get SO mad at everyone. I'm on alot of different medicines for PTSD, depression, OCD, and anxiety, and I know that using other substances isn't good for me. But I just can't stop. I can't tell my parent or my counselor because then they'd know I was using and they could never trust me again. Ideally I would like to join a group in my area but I don't want anyone else to know that I have a problem. I hate feeling this way. I love being drunk or high. That's the only time I'm ever happy. But I'm worried that one day I might hurt myself. Because I never know when to stop. I always take too much of everything. I drink up to 10 shots of alcohol at a time, and I take more than the maximum dose of vicodin.
I just don't know what to do anymore....please help me.

Life isn't about worrying,
That's a waste of time.
And life isn't about being perfect,
It will never happen.
Life is about finding yourself,
And finding people who accept that person.

My PM box is always open!
  Send a message via AIM to thegirlnextdoor89 Send a message via Yahoo to thegirlnextdoor89  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
thisiscourtney Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: Just can't stop... - December 13th 2009, 04:30 AM

I want to start off by saying that I'm really sorry you're going what you're going through. I have addictions of my own, so I know that they have complete control over you. I think the best thing for you to do would be to find a group in your area. I know you said that people would find out, but only the people in the group would find out, and they wouldn't want it known about their problem so I don't think they would want to tell anyone else. It's good that you realize that you're hurting your body, and admitting your knowledge of your problem, so I really believe you could benefit from finding help.

Closed Thread