TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
katiiieeex3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: katie

Unhappy i need help with someone that does drugs ? - December 28th 2009, 08:27 PM

heey. i just registered, so i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask; i'm sorry if it's not, hahaa. i'm a freshman this year and i met this really nice guy "nick." i've liked him since the beginning of the year, and i finally told my friend about it. since she's friends with him, she let me in on the loop: he does drugs. she also told me that he tried taking advantage of a girl before, and then someone else told me that he sells them. i'm not entirely sure if this is true, because i have almost every class with him and he would be like the least likely person i think would. i'm really concerned about what to do. any help would be great(:

--*katie

Last edited by katiiieeex3; December 28th 2009 at 08:41 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
fullofsecrets Offline
Witness
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kristin

Re: i need help with someone that does drugs ? - December 28th 2009, 08:49 PM

Go straight out and ask him if he does drugs, that is the only way to know for sure. Rumors are just rumors, and in high school/college those get spread: a lot. The only way to know for sure is to go straight up and ask him, "Do you use/sell/ever used drugs?" and hope he gives you an honest answer. If he does, will that influence your decision to want to date him? If he doesn't, then there is no problem. The thing to remember is that even though you are interested in him, he may not be interested in you, drugs or no drugs. And about the part that he tried to take advantage of another girl; I wouldn't directly approach him about that. There's two sides to every story and a not-so-subtle gesture might have been taken the wrong way. If he tries to do that with YOU then it becomes the problem. Otherwise, keep an open mind and treat a person by their character, not by the things people say about him.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: i need help with someone that does drugs ? - December 28th 2009, 10:59 PM

I wouldn't believe one word of it unless they heard it from his mouth or someone very close to him. But then again appearances can be deceiving. What kind of drugs are we talking? This kid doesn't sound like he has a great reputation and you being young as you are I don't know that it'd be a good idea to hang out with or around him until you're either more experienced in the drug department like with information, not necessarily don't them or unless you're older. As a freshman you don't need that, but then again this is only if what your friends are saying is true.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Losing_Control Offline
Not a n00b

Re: i need help with someone that does drugs ? - December 29th 2009, 04:25 AM

Rumors spread, especially in high school, but I will admit that I know a lot of people that sell drugs that I would never would have suspected of it. If you truly want to know for sure, the only way to find out is to ask him.

If you are looking to date him, you need to think long and hard about it. Being involved with someone that does and/or sells drugs can cause relationship and legal problems for you.

"I'm falling even more in love with you
letting go of all I've held onto"
- Lifehouse

(#5 (permalink)) Old
taffibee Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tiffany

Re: i need help with someone that does drugs ? - December 31st 2009, 09:30 AM

i agree with everyone else ask him, and if he does then its up to you, but know that if you get involved with him its not going to be good, you dont like drugs, im assuming, and that is going to cause a tention, he may try to pressure you and it could get out of hand there are a lot of risks, your a freshman, there are alot more guys to meet in the next 4 years that dont do that stuff and i think you should keep that in mind....

(#6 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: i need help with someone that does drugs ? - December 31st 2009, 09:44 AM

asking him would be a good place to start. don't believe everything you hear - people like to gossip.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: i need help with someone that does drugs ? - January 1st 2010, 09:14 PM

Gossip is nasty it can really spread quickly, find out the truth for yourself and get to know him a little.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Johnny Walker Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: i need help with someone that does drugs ? - January 1st 2010, 11:49 PM

Just because he does or sells drugs does not mean that he is a good or bad person... some of hte nicest poeple I know (actually almost everyone I know) use or sell drugs. That is not really the issue though...

Like a lot poeple have already said rumors are nasty things but, and this is just my gut instinct, if you are concerned enough to ask for adivice on here then you must have real worries about what type of person he is. Generally when we like someone we whitewash over their blemishes but if certain negative characteristics still stick out at you then I think you should take it as a real warning sign.

The best thing to do would be to take it slowly, try to get to know him better as a freind before you dive head first into a relationship.

Also DO NOT do drugs just to get him to like you or to seem cool I know of a lot of couples where one person does use drugs and the other doesn't... if you really like eachother you'll both get over it.

One last thing... by drugs I kind of assumed you ment weed. Now I am not trying to tell you weed isn't bad but I would be a lot more concerend if he sold harder stuff. Also it depends on where you live, living in the Canadian suburds (like me) is a lot different from living in Detroit or Buffalo or LA so try and put my comment in perspective.

Hope it works out well for you one way or another.

Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.
Kurt Vonnegut
Be content with what you are, and wish not change; nor dread your last day, nor long for it.
Marcus Aurelius
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Winston Churchill

(#9 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: i need help with someone that does drugs ? - January 2nd 2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
Just because he does or sells drugs does not mean that he is a good or bad person... some of hte nicest poeple I know (actually almost everyone I know) use or sell drugs. That is not really the issue though...

Like a lot poeple have already said rumors are nasty things but, and this is just my gut instinct, if you are concerned enough to ask for adivice on here then you must have real worries about what type of person he is. Generally when we like someone we whitewash over their blemishes but if certain negative characteristics still stick out at you then I think you should take it as a real warning sign.

The best thing to do would be to take it slowly, try to get to know him better as a freind before you dive head first into a relationship.

Also DO NOT do drugs just to get him to like you or to seem cool I know of a lot of couples where one person does use drugs and the other doesn't... if you really like eachother you'll both get over it.

One last thing... by drugs I kind of assumed you ment weed. Now I am not trying to tell you weed isn't bad but I would be a lot more concerend if he sold harder stuff. Also it depends on where you live, living in the Canadian suburds (like me) is a lot different from living in Detroit or Buffalo or LA so try and put my comment in perspective.

Hope it works out well for you one way or another.
maybe so.. but a lot of people would not want to date a drug-dealer.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: i need help with someone that does drugs ? - January 2nd 2010, 01:03 PM

Schools are vicious when it comes to rumours, it could easily not be true.

But also, don't be naive. Just because he doesn't 'seem' like the kind of person that would do these things, does not mean he doesn't.
Anybody is capable of taking and selling drugs. There is never really a certain type that you can stick to.

People will always surprise you. The only way you'll know the truth is to ask him about it. And be cautious, if he has a history like that, rumours or not. Better to be safe than sorry eh.

Closed Thread