TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alisha

Am I At Risk For BEcoming Addicted To Over The Counter Drugs? - January 5th 2010, 05:14 AM

I guess you could say tried to kill myself. I was manipulated into doing it and only realized what I did after I did it and I felt really ashamed of myself and I and payed for it the 3 times I did it.
THe first time I found some Midol and some other thing past the expiry date so I took those and fell asleep. And I thought if I take Tylenol and Zactac it would do the same thing but, it didn't. Then one night I wanted to know what would happen if I took the day limit at one time and I felt like I was dying. My stomach was KILLING me and I just HURT. But, I couldn't call 911 because I was too ashamed of my mom finding out. So, I just suffered with it until it was over.

Everthing I see seems to be a lie. And everything you see in me you think is the truth. But, really all you see is what I'm masking the real me with. You never see me cry. Because I'll never let you. And you'll never see me die because I feel like I already have in a way.

Last edited by SuperBrunetteCutie4Ever; January 5th 2010 at 05:16 AM. Reason: spelling error

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: Am I At Risk For BEcoming Addicted To Over The Counter Drugs? - January 5th 2010, 08:56 PM

It's possible to become addicted to near enough anything, psychologically if not physically.

But as long as you don't continue taking the stuff regularly though, you're not at risk of developing any kind of dependence on it.

Hope this helps.

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Alisha

Re: Am I At Risk For BEcoming Addicted To Over The Counter Drugs? - January 5th 2010, 11:30 PM

ok thanks. Because I'm always worreid because I think I would be more likely to become addicted to something because I'm already addicted to coffee. And I just started really liking it. Plus I'm addicted to not eating At school

Everthing I see seems to be a lie. And everything you see in me you think is the truth. But, really all you see is what I'm masking the real me with. You never see me cry. Because I'll never let you. And you'll never see me die because I feel like I already have in a way.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Am I At Risk For BEcoming Addicted To Over The Counter Drugs? - January 7th 2010, 11:52 PM

This is very scary honestly don’t take anything unless told to. This is not something to meddle with. You’re playing with your body by mixing drugs to find a good sensation. Let me tell you that this is extremely addicting and many – many people suffer each day from over the counter drugs.

Please stop and save yourself countless hours of pain and suffering.

You Have Been Warned

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Am I At Risk For BEcoming Addicted To Over The Counter Drugs? - January 8th 2010, 07:30 AM

Yeah, you can get addicted to anything. I highly doubt you're addicted after one incident, so you shouldn't have reason to worry.

I probably would go get a full blood test to see your liver and kidney function though as overdosing can really hurt your body. You might have to be careful about what you eat from now on so you don't harm yourself more. I highly suggest speaking to a doctor either way.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Am I At Risk For BEcoming Addicted To Over The Counter Drugs? - January 10th 2010, 06:02 PM

As far as I know none of those medications has any properties in them to get you high or kill you besides the tylenol unless taken in a very large amount nor do they have physically addicting properties. I think that when you get upset you're just looking for something to make you numb or to make you feel something which is normal, but there's never a reason to take a bunch of household medications. They just make you sick and you end up feeling worse. Don't do it and I would advise to never try any prescriptives for that matter either. There is so much to life you don't know about. Spend more of your time looking for those things.

Closed Thread