TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sblack Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Should I Try It? - February 7th 2010, 03:38 AM

I was with a friend of mine tonight, well a few of them, and they all smoked a joint together, but not me. I just sat there feeling left out.

I have never smoked, ever. But .. I kind of want to try it, just to see what it's like. At the same time, I'm afraid I'll be ashamed of myself .. but you only get to live once right?

I don't want to smoke up to fit in, I just want to know what it feels like but I know my boyfriend would be so mad if he found out .. maybe I just shouldn't tell him if I decide to take a puff off of my friends joint .. it would probably only be once. Should I just try it?

"Life is simple ; it's just not easy." - Author unknown

<3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Should I Try It? - February 7th 2010, 03:42 AM

That's a question none of us can answer for you. Only you can decide if you're going to try smoking weed or not.
I was in your situation a while ago, and I did try it. In all honesty I don't regret it, I wouldn't go back and change what I did, but at the same time I can tell you that no good will come of it.
I would suggest doing some reading on it first before you make your decision, read things from both sides perspectives. Read why some people decided to try it, and why some didn't.
After all that you'll have to make your own decision. Hopefully you make the one you're most comfortable with.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Mel14 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Should I Try It? - February 7th 2010, 04:43 AM

In the end, you'll decide if you really want to. Just so you know....taking one puff of the joint once won't do anything. So is that worth it? And you have to decide if you can lie to your boyfriend and not feel bad about it. Maybe tell him you want to try to and explain to him that it really doesn't hurt you. [Edit: Last line removed: We do not promote or encourage drug use on TeenHelp]

Best wishes,
Megan

I'm a house of cards in a hurricane.
A reckless ride in the pouring rain.
He cuts me and the pain is all I wanna feel.
He'll dance away just like a child.
He drives me crazy, drives me wild.
But I'm helpless when he smiles.

He broke my heart when I broke his xbox360

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom

Last edited by Pandamonium; February 12th 2010 at 03:55 PM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Should I Try It? - February 8th 2010, 04:33 PM

Dont ever try something you know nothing about. Go to erowid.org and research the risks and side effects of weed. I felt ashamed after I smoked my first time, but once you learn more about the culture surrounding Marijuana it's nothing to be ashamed about. You're right, you only live once but make sure you're doing it for the "right" reasons and also know that from pot, you may move up to bigger and more dangerous things. Not to say pot is a gateway drug because I find that ridiculous, but if you try pot, you may be around people who do more than that and you may be curious about other highs and drugs after that. Be safe and if you ever get scared after smoking just relax and remind yourself it's just an herb. Also, if your boyfriend doesn't like it, you shouldn't hide it from him. That's not fair to him. Tell him it's your decision and explain to him that it's not as bad as it sounds, because many times when people get pissed because you've smoked pot it's because they don't really know much about it. Educate yourselves and be careful. You could enter a new and exciting world after smoking or open a can of worms.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Should I Try It? - February 10th 2010, 03:03 AM

dont let others make choices for u if u want to try it try it if not then dont

“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Hdjdjdjduvieg Offline
Wandering Wayfarer
I've been here a while

Name: no

Re: Should I Try It? - February 10th 2010, 04:40 AM

Don't do it just because others do it.
It can be SO tempting, believe me, I know, and as hard as it is, do not compromise your ways just to please someone else. It's difficult to say no, but after you do, you feel like a burden's lifted off your shoulders. It also often reveals who your true friends are. True friends do not care if you don't want to smoke their shit.

A 'friend' of mine recently offered me up skag that she'd gotten cheap and was excited for. With my track record, as much as it was difficult to do-- I just said no. Haven't even heard from her since, and that says something about her as friend... and I feel so much better that I am still entirely sobre. You don't need it, bottom line, and if you don't need it, there's no reason to do it.

I love the name of honour more than I fear death.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
EightEleven91 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Re: Should I Try It? - February 10th 2010, 04:41 AM

No.
Dont be weak and give into peer pressure..

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Should I Try It? - February 11th 2010, 05:37 AM

Not only is it detrimental to your health it is illegal, don't do it.

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Pandamonium Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Steph

Re: Should I Try It? - February 12th 2010, 03:56 PM

Just as a reminder, we do not promote or encourage drug use on TeenHelp. We can give you precautions and etc but ultimately what you do with that information is up to you.
  Send a message via MSN to Pandamonium  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Archie Wrath Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Should I Try It? - February 22nd 2010, 08:13 PM

Legality has nothing to do with it. It used to be illegal to get abortions. It used to be illegal to be gay.

The first time you smoke weed you may experience the following:
Nothing
Nausea
Dizzyness
Passing out (true story)
Paranoia

Most people experience nothing their first time. I cannot completely recall the experience myself because I was already stoned and drunk...but it was neither unpleasant nor particularly wonderful. I do remember the guy I was smoking with telling me over and over to not pass out because that's what he did the first time...the fact is, it the bits and pieces I can remember still put a smile on my face.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
victoria101 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Victoria

Re: Should I Try It? - February 28th 2010, 02:37 AM

Whatever you feel like doing then do it. Honestly theres nothing wrong with smoking weed because its not addicted and if you dont try it your going to be wondering your whole life what its like.??? Its all up to you..

(#12 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Should I Try It? - February 28th 2010, 10:55 PM

You sound unsure and if you are unsure about something, don't do it. Just because you only live once and everyone else around you is doing it doesn't mean you should do it.
Everyone around me was drinking, smoking drugs, trying to get me into that stuff but I just said no and I will continue to say no because I am proud of the fact I'm smart enough to know not to do those things, and that I am different in a good way because I don't do these things, and today it makes you a rare find.
So don't do it, you'd probably regret it and feel bad if you did. Smoking anything isn't good for you anyways.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Amp Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Should I Try It? - March 1st 2010, 01:13 AM

Weed is highly unlikely to do you any harm. I'd say go for it. It's not as big a deal as some people make out. It doesn't have to be this big thing, it can just be: "I tried weed once, wasn't for me" and that'll be the end of it. Alternatively you may decide to take it up. Just stay safe and keep it out of sight of the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon.Kingdom View Post
You sound unsure and if you are unsure about something, don't do it. Just because you only live once and everyone else around you is doing it doesn't mean you should do it.
Everyone around me was drinking, smoking drugs, trying to get me into that stuff but I just said no and I will continue to say no because I am proud of the fact I'm smart enough to know not to do those things, and that I am different in a good way because I don't do these things, and today it makes you a rare find.
So don't do it, you'd probably regret it and feel bad if you did. Smoking anything isn't good for you anyways.
Way to make yourself sound pretentious there. People like you really get under my skin. Fine, if you don't want to do it then don't, but don't make it a point to say "I AM SMART BECAUSE I DO NOT SMOKE OR DRINK I AM A SPECIAL LITTLE SNOWFLAKE". To be honest, people who don't do drugs or drink aren't all that rare. It's just that most of them understand how very unremarkable they are.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Markteenhelp Offline
Mark, Michael, Bry
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Re: Should I Try It? - March 1st 2010, 01:20 AM

Only you can make that decision. I smoke weed and im a 4.0 college student and as far as i know in perfect health so i see no negatives.

Learn from yesterday
live for today
hope for tomarrow

Closed Thread