TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
relapse Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brendan

Weed - February 18th 2010, 11:01 PM

How bad is the occasional couple of grams?

And how bad is eating it? I ate a little bud this morning before they did locker checks.

I've only smoked like two joints, and a little bit of a bud today, and I'm gonna smoke 3 or 4 grams tomorrow but I'm worried I'll go stupid or something :P

Stay positive and all else will fall into place!!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Weed - February 19th 2010, 03:21 AM

Hey-

So I smoke weed pretty often. I also have researched it a ton. xD

The main thing to worry about in my opinion is the effects you can get just from smoking anything, it harms your lungs.

I don't think there's much wrong with smoking/ingesting some weed every once in a while. Make sure you don't drive while on it as your reaction time is extremely slowed down. I doubt you'll go permanently stupid. But you do say stupid things and get confused a lot usually when you do get high. It usually lasts like an hour or so.

Also just for the record, eating weed doesn't do a thing unless you heat it up properly and all that. I doubt it'd harm you, but it wouldn't get you high.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: Weed - February 19th 2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidig View Post
Also just for the record, eating weed doesn't do a thing unless you heat it up properly and all that. I doubt it'd harm you, but it wouldn't get you high.
I thought that was true. It needs to be cooked up and put in brownies or something, otherwise it hasn't got an effect on you, you're just wasting it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: Weed - February 19th 2010, 10:31 AM

Look out for things like paranoia and such. Google 'weed psychosis'. It can get pretty shit, I've seen it happen. Also, I went through a phase of smoking it more then daily. And yeah its cool at the time, but then one day you're sober and you realize you've done fuck all with your life for the last 8 months except spend loads of money and lost contact with a load of your friends. Don't let it take over.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Weed - February 19th 2010, 03:44 PM

"go stupid?" Why would you even smoke let alone eat pot if you don't know anything about it? This is the one biggest mistake people make when it comes to drugs.

Pot if eaten in small or large amounts will effect people differently. My friend once sprinkled about a gram ontop of his pasta and he was really high within the hour while i've seen people eat up to an 8th and nothing happened.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Re: Weed - February 20th 2010, 07:05 AM

If your friend actually got a high it was probably because the pasta was so hot it heated the weed to a good temperature? Or they had an extreme placebo effect.
There are rumors that our generation has potent enough weed that you can start to feel something if you just plain on eat it, but I think that's all placebo as well.

Google it.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Weed - February 20th 2010, 01:14 PM

Research research research. Go to http://www.erowid.org/ to read up on factual, non-biased information about any drug you can think of. Researching a drug before you do it, i feel is important. Especially as sometimes, you might experience an effect that you've never had before or didn't know existed. At least if you read up on the effects and stuff you know what to expect so you don't get panicky if you start feeling strange for example. And you know that if you start to feel a little to high, to stop smoking for a while untill you feel better.

You won't go stupid after smoking a couple of grams for a day. I smoke a fair amount, and have done pretty much constantly for the past 6 months, i still go to work and go out with my friends and i can still function normally. I usually use it as a wind down at the end of the day and i can't really point out any negative affects apart from feeling a little tired after its worn off or the morning after.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
wonderbread Offline
Like a dude
I've been here a while

Name: Ashley

Re: Weed - February 20th 2010, 02:47 PM

I smoke occasionally to often. It just depends on what is going on and such. But really if you are worried about this and that or whatever before you even smoke it. I think it probably isn't the best for you to be doing because when you do get high your high won't be fun or enjoyable.
Doing any type of drug always has the POSSIBILITY of doing some kind of harm. But weed will do little to no harm. You won't go stupid as in brain dead.
But just think about what I said before if you are constantly worried about what it can do before you smoke it then maybe it isn't really for you.

Always remember to put your happiness first.
  Send a message via MSN to wonderbread  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Gixxers rock Offline
should now be "VFRs rock"
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Weed - February 20th 2010, 04:18 PM

Weed contains is less (maybe even non) toxic than cigarettes and no one has developped lung or heart cancer from marijuana alone so in that sense it's cleaner than tobacco and alcohol. The only downfalls I see are a possibility of over-dosage causing a so called "bad-trip" (I'd recommend you look that up), and of course it's also frowned upon by the law. You might also develop a paranoia that you will remain in that state for the rest of your life but that will pass when the drug wears off.

I am the Stig's brother in law.

Race me on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue! My nickname is patrakoffman-64

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: Weed - February 20th 2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidig View Post
If your friend actually got a high it was probably because the pasta was so hot it heated the weed to a good temperature? Or they had an extreme placebo effect.
There are rumors that our generation has potent enough weed that you can start to feel something if you just plain on eat it, but I think that's all placebo as well.

Google it.
That's not strictly true.
If you were to eat buds without cooking them they can have an effect on you. The acids in your stomach can release the THC which is then absorbed into your body via the digestive system.

However, you generally have to eat a fair amount and the release is slow and stretched out, you'll barely feel the high at all.

A lot more cost effective to just smoke it.

The weed itself won't cause you too many problems. Be safe and do it with friends just in case you do suffer a bad reaction. Some people do things they would never dream of otherwise due to paranoia and whatever else you may feel on that high.

Like has been said, the main thing that will damage you from joints is if you're using tobacco also.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Weed - February 21st 2010, 03:19 AM

I honestly don't think weed really does anything to you, just don't smoke it like everyday or it will mess up your brain and kill your brain cells. I don't really think you should do it at all but it's not as bad as acid or anything else like that, so just smoke it casually, occassionally but not everyday.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Omar the Lobster!
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Bernadette

Re: Weed - March 4th 2010, 01:48 PM

My high school valedictorian got into Yale, and she smoked weed every day since she was in the seventh grade.
Oh, also, Michael Phelps. Need I say more?

I have been royally farked before on weed. It was the most intense and satisfying nap I ever took, in the end. Plus, I didn't think I could eat that many pretzels. If anything, I'd just watch how much you eat.

Hey guys, like jewelry that can withstand the blow of a sword? Jewelry that can put up a fight? Check out ChainCreations!

When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.

Send a message via AIM to Oiseau the Little Bird!  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Weed - March 5th 2010, 07:49 PM

Yes watching what you eat when you get the munchies is very important lol. There's been times where i've just pigged out because i'm so hungry. I can control the hunger a bit better now though. If you struggle to control your hunger try eating healthy snacks, you don't want to become unhealthy through that.

Closed Thread