TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Caffeine Pills - February 22nd 2010, 09:23 PM

Well after the weekend I always find it hard to sleep on Sundays so when I get up for school Monday morning I'm really tired. Because I'm so tired I'll have a nap when I get back from school but then this screws me over even more because then on Monday night I find it hard to sleep because I had the nap.

I'm thinking about taking some caffeine pills every Monday to stop me napping until I've sorted out my sleeping schedule and I can get to sleep at a reasonable time on Sunday nights. But the thing is I've heard they're really addictive and I don't want to end up becoming addicted to them. Has anyone used them before and got any advice on how not to become addicted?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: Caffeine Pills - February 22nd 2010, 09:54 PM

Too much caffeine gives me panic attacks and just makes me go loopy to tell you the truth. I just stay far away from them now. I rarely even drink coke anymore. I'm quite biased I suppose as they give me such bad side-effects :/

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Caffeine Pills - February 22nd 2010, 10:05 PM

caffine is a much more addictive drug than ppl gove it credit for, that being said caffine is caffine being it in pill coffeee energy drinks soda its all the same

i personally have an extremly addictive personallity( written a few threads about it) but the only times ive has caffince problems is when was 5-6 coffrrs a day and then randomly stopped, i got a couple headaches and then i was fine.
im not goin to say caffine is the answer longterm but as a once in a while pick me up its np( like a coffee in the mornings) just makes sure u dont start using them multiple times a day

“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”

(#4 (permalink)) Old
GirlsOnTV Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Haily

Re: Caffeine Pills - February 22nd 2010, 10:12 PM

Like lostCause I also have an addictive personality, so this would be a no right away for me. It really depends on how you handle caffeine, as well as your diet. I'm a health nut, and never have caffeine sodas or foods or anything, but if you have a lot of that in your diet then pills will have a lighter effect.

Try going for a run after school to wake you up, maybe a shower, a protein bar, or just fight the urge to sleep. If all else fails maybe a cup of coffee or some soda would help.
Good luck!

"And the moon’s laying low in the sky
Forcing everything metal to shine
And the sidewalk holds diamonds like the jewelry store case
They argue walk this way, no, walk this way"
Brighteyes
"The dreams that define you, will be the same that deny you in the end. And make you give up on everything."
Acalasia- objects of my affection

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Caffeine Pills - February 22nd 2010, 10:38 PM

Why don't you try different sleeping patterns and naturalremedies first before resulting to caffeine pills? They're stupid and give you a headache. Pretty much anything can be addictive but listen to yourself. If being tired every monday reason enough to get addicted to caffeine pills?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Caffeine Pills - February 22nd 2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synaestheasiaen View Post
Why don't you try different sleeping patterns and naturalremedies first before resulting to caffeine pills? They're stupid and give you a headache. Pretty much anything can be addictive but listen to yourself. If being tired every monday reason enough to get addicted to caffeine pills?
u make it sound like its a garunteed addiction plenty of ppl have caffine without addictions im sure uve had a moutain dew or coke b4 in ur life did u get addicted

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Nixie Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jessica

Re: Caffeine Pills - February 22nd 2010, 10:49 PM

How bout when you are feeling tired you try to keep yourself awake? Just keep yourself occupied until you actually feel tired enough to sleep (given that it is "bedtime") and then sleep. Better than taking any sleeping pills or caffeine pills in the morning. Just try to adjust naturally, sleep when the sun sets. If you can't fall asleep, then just wait it out. It's okay if you're a little tired during the day. You'll live through it. Just gotta keep your mind focused!

I want to get inside your mind;
I want you to expand mine.
  Send a message via MSN to Nixie  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Caffeine Pills - February 23rd 2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synaestheasiaen View Post
I've tried the herbal sleeping pills but they don't work for me and the smell and taste of them make me gag a lot so it's kind of unpleasant.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Caffeine Pills - February 23rd 2010, 04:18 PM

I agree that it would be a better idea to sort your sleep pattern out naturally. Could you not arrange to do something with a friend or your mum after school on Monday and only come home late after 9pm and then you could go straight to sleep?

(RAH)² + (AH)³ + RO(MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH + (LA)² = Bad Romance

Religion is like a penis.
It's fine to have one.
It's fine to be proud of it.
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.
And PLEASE don't try and shove it down my throat.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Caffeine Pills - February 23rd 2010, 05:13 PM

If I'm correct, I believe my mother told me that caffeine pills lead her to taking meth.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
a_girlsdreams Offline
Average Joe

Re: Caffeine Pills - February 23rd 2010, 10:42 PM

Ive taken caffeine pills before.
They got pretty addicting for a while.
I would take when, then want another right away.
Like.. They helped but made me extremely hyper to the point I was pretty annoying.
It all depends on how much you take and how often you take them.
Just be careful if you use them.
Know when to stop.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Caffeine Pills - February 23rd 2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
If I'm correct, I believe my mother told me that caffeine pills lead her to taking meth.
if ur mom did meth thats her fault
caffine pills r fine as long as u use them correctly , its a cup of coffee but easier to take

(#13 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Caffeine Pills - February 23rd 2010, 10:49 PM

id suggest cafinated drinks over pills simply because u cant really pop them as easily so u wont be tempted to take as many

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Caffeine Pills - February 26th 2010, 12:47 AM

Okay, lostcause, that was kinda inappropriate. I personally don't believe in gateway drugs, but each person is different and Holy was just making a point that caffeine pills helped lead her mother to meth addiction. Yes when people take drugs it is of their own accord, but be a little more sensitive. She was just talking from experience.

Quote:
u make it sound like its a garunteed addiction plenty of ppl have caffine without addictions im sure uve had a moutain dew or coke b4 in ur life did u get addicted
..I have no idea how to respond to this. I don't know what part of my post is making you seem like i'm guaranteeing addiction. I said nothing about the OP getting addicted to caffeine pills, just over all that humans can get addicted to anything..which is what she asked about in the first place and just so you know, caffeine is indeed a drug not to mention the longer you use a drug, the more your body will become to used to it and the drug will block the reuptake of normal transmitters and inhibitors causing an addiction like state. For instance, my friend's mother is so addicted to pepsi she drinks a 12 pack every 4-7 days. Having a soda once in a while is completely different from taking caffeine pills. They are not healthy for you.

Cara, just try a new sleeping pattern. Natural is always the way to go. If you're having a really tough time, keep looking for natural remedies or drink yogi bedtime tea. Get some herbal pillow mist from bath and body works and listen to calming music or read. Stretch a little. You don't need to rely on caffeine pills to keep you awake.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Caffeine Pills - February 27th 2010, 04:00 PM

and who said i was commentin only to you the entire page seemed to be goin in the direction that if u use them ull get addicted and that is not always the case,
also yes im a jerk im blunt in maing points and i wont let ppl srpread the gateway drug theory since it has been proven false in almost every tested case
im sorry i didnt want ppl thinking caffine was gunna turn them into meth heads

Closed Thread