TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Blabla Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Should i try pot? - March 8th 2010, 01:58 AM

Ok so some people i know smoke pot. They arnt asking me to smoke but somethimes they talk about it and i want to know what it feels like. I dont want to lie to my parents about any thing and iv done some reading on pot. Im really interested in it but i dont wanna lose my parents trust if i try it. Will they even care? What do i do!?!?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Should i try pot? - March 8th 2010, 02:04 AM

Seriously, if they aren’t asking you to try it and you think you might lose your parents trust why try it? But it’s your choose you know what’s right and wrong for you.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Blabla Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Should i try pot? - March 8th 2010, 02:14 AM

Thanks. But you only live once you kno. Maby when i get older and i wont have to worry about them finding out. I just wanna kno what its like so bad!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Should i try pot? - March 8th 2010, 02:29 AM

Why try something potenially bad for you?

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Should i try pot? - March 8th 2010, 02:53 AM

Hey there,

I think the fact that you are here asking us shows that you are uncertain about whether or not you want to do it. And, to be honest, I don't think you should try anything that you are uncertain about. When you go into something with an air of uncertainty it leaves a lot of room for regret. You know?

I know what it is like to want to try something but you have many years ahead of you to do something like that. Years, months, weeks to think about it and all the consequences and what not.

One thing I would suggest is talking to your parents about it. You might be surprised by their response. Instead of fearing losing your parents trust or jumping into smoking pot and keeping a secret from your parents talk to them and let them know how you feel. They might understand where you are coming from and support you. Not to say they are going to cheer you on but just let you know that if you were to try something like that they would not shun you.

Here is the thing, pot is always going to be there so don't rush into it. I know that for the longest time I had wanted to try pot but I was never sure and I always felt uneasy about it. That uneasiness led me to the decision that I did not want to try it. Well, just recently I tried it because the uneasiness went away and it was something I felt I was ready for. To be honest pot isn't all that great and it is not like I plan on doing it again. But, I still believe that it is something you have to be ready for.

Best of luck,

Jenna

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Arie. Offline
Olive you :D
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Should i try pot? - March 8th 2010, 04:14 AM

We don't advertise or encourage drug use on Teenhelp. But the choice is up to you whether you decided on it. As already stated, your friends aren't forcing or asking you to try it and if you don't want to lose your parents trust, the answer is obvious. But in the end, the choice is up to you.

I hope you have the strength to start all over again.- F.Scott Fitzgerald

Last edited by Arie.; March 8th 2010 at 05:46 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to Arie.  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
MegaMadness Offline
Fight My Llama
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Megan

Re: Should i try pot? - March 8th 2010, 05:24 AM

If theres any doubt in your mind, don't do it. You might end up regretting it.

Come on boys, come on girls
In this crazy, crazy world
You’re the diamonds, you’re the pearls
Let’s make a new tomorrow
Come on girls, come on boys
It’s your future, it’s your choice
And your weapon is your voice
Let’s make a new tomorrow
Today
follow me please. I'll follow back. http://photographicjournal.tumblr.com/

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Should i try pot? - March 9th 2010, 01:51 AM

There's many pros and cons to smoking weed. Check out the other threads on it and don't seek out other people's opinions on whether or not you should try drugs. This is your decision, and yours alone. We don't even know your parents. We can't make proper advice/judgments on what you should and shouldn't do or what your parents will think if we don't know you. If you and your parents have a solid trust, I think the best thing to do is tell them you've experimented. They may get upset at first which is completely understandable, but believe me. From experience, it's ALWAYS better to let your parents know then to get caught doing something stupid behind their backs. They were young once too. Go to Erowid.org and NO governmental drug websites. They are chock full of bullshit. Erowid is wonderful. Be careful and know what you're doing.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Should i try pot? - March 9th 2010, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHolyValorx View Post
letss see.
driving is potentially bad for u thousands of ppl die in car crashes, and how many kids get injuried playin sports or excersicing, some ppl get hurt by dogs so fido's gunna have to go too. and hmm lets see sun exposure actually has been shown to help cause skin cancer so no1 go outside. sugar can lead to obiesity which has god knows how many risks of doin damage to u so gotta get rid of all soda and candy. alcohol kills thousands and destroys millions of lives yet at 21 u can get as much as u want

my point(if u didnt figure it out) is that everything is potentially dangerous, hell we do activities on a daily basis that have been proven to be dangerous to our health and yet ppl still get scared cuz weed MIGHT be dangerous. im not gunna sit here and tell u to go light up but i will say dont let the ppl who drank the DARE cool-aid tell u what to do. at the same time dont let ur local drug-dealer tell u it will fix all ur problems. usuing an herb like marijuana is a personal choice no1 can or should make it for u. it u want to try it ask 1 of ur friends ehos been usin a while to show u the ropes if u dont wanna try it then thats ur choice too and dont let any1 convince u otherwise

“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”

(#10 (permalink)) Old
tomohawk Offline
Not a n00b

Name: tom

Re: Should i try pot? - March 19th 2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0stCause View Post
letss see.
driving is potentially bad for u thousands of ppl die in car crashes, and how many kids get injuried playin sports or excersicing, some ppl get hurt by dogs so fido's gunna have to go too. and hmm lets see sun exposure actually has been shown to help cause skin cancer so no1 go outside. sugar can lead to obiesity which has god knows how many risks of doin damage to u so gotta get rid of all soda and candy. alcohol kills thousands and destroys millions of lives yet at 21 u can get as much as u want

my point(if u didnt figure it out) is that everything is potentially dangerous, hell we do activities on a daily basis that have been proven to be dangerous to our health and yet ppl still get scared cuz weed MIGHT be dangerous.
wow dude talk about ripping in too some one, its their veiw i think that was a little ott

(#11 (permalink)) Old
dt45 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Derek

Re: Should i try pot? - March 23rd 2010, 09:51 AM

ok nobody has told u what its like so here it is it makes u sleepy and hungry and somewhat trippy its not all great and fun they like show it to be in tha movies its not that great honestly to (ME) but thats my opinion some people like it some ppl dont jus like anything else but i wouldnt recommend it dude anyways hope it helps its ultimately your decision dont let anybody make it for u. good luck bro

(#12 (permalink)) Old
dt45 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Derek

Re: Should i try pot? - March 23rd 2010, 09:53 AM

oh and Jenna has a good point talking to ur parents about it is a good idea parents can suprose tha hell out of ya

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Synaestheasiaen Offline
Average Joe

Re: Should i try pot? - March 26th 2010, 01:42 AM

Quote:
ok nobody has told u what its like so here it is it makes u sleepy and hungry and somewhat trippy its not all great and fun they like show it to be in tha movies its not that great honestly to (ME) but thats my opinion some people like it some ppl dont jus like anything else but i wouldnt recommend it dude anyways hope it helps its ultimately your decision dont let anybody make it for u. good luck bro
Just to note, this is a completely generalized experience. This is absolutely not the case. Pot works differently on everybody. What you just described is the stereotypical movie high.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
WhoAmI Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Should i try pot? - March 28th 2010, 02:52 AM

I didn't try weed for the first time untill the end of grade 11 because I didnt think that I was ready, my family has a history of addiction and I didn't want to fall into the same trap they did.

Once I did try it I was slightly underwhelmed, honestly it is not that great (this is coming from a guy who smokes everyday) the best way to look at it is as an expensive hobby.

You won't "trip out" or anything but I don't care what anyone says weed is not good for you either (aside from certain situations.. glocoma etc). The real issue is that you could be doing something constructive with your time instead of sitting on a couch saying "Dude! wait...wat?"

If you do think you are ready then just remember that everything in life should be taken in moderation.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Re: Should i try pot? - March 28th 2010, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algernon View Post

exactly! in the long run, pot does nothing but bad. in the short it's nice, but in the long run it will ruin your body and ruin your life. and like you said, you don't want to lie to your parents and ruin your relationship with them.

Closed Thread