TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Omar the Lobster!
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Bernadette

Arrow Acid - March 11th 2010, 12:01 PM

No, no, I'm not thinking about trying it at all, and probably won't consider it for a very long time.

Ugh I really feel stupid for even coming and asking about it. But my first boyfriend, who I love dearly and he will always be a special person, in short, has gotten himself mixed up in this business quite a few times. His girlfriend is probably a big factor in his repeated experiments (don't get me wrong, she's awesome and I like her a lot too). I'm pretty sure though that tripping balls more than once or twice ever is not good for you.
Now, I'm not exactly an angel myself -- I've done my share of things, but I've never ever done anything to the level of shrooms or acid. Anything that alters my consciousness, I always look into before I take or consider taking. But acid seems to be a different story.

I know for some, it might be really stupid that I'm here worried about him, my ex of all people, and the fact that it's over something as trivial as acid. But if anyone knows about long term damage or anything, can you fill me in? Sources also appreciated.

For my own peace of mind really. I know for a fact that I can't talk to him about it because nothing I say will make a difference to him (me being his ex may or may not have any weight on this at all). It's too much fun to give up just because one insignificant person has a problem with it. If his girlfriend asked him to give it up, he probably would. If one of his friends asked him, he might. He says we're friends, but he does a pretty unsuccessful job of keeping that business going. So I'm convinced nothing I say will matter at all because I'm only his ex, and my worries aren't worth being worried about.

Okay, go.

Hey guys, like jewelry that can withstand the blow of a sword? Jewelry that can put up a fight? Check out ChainCreations!

When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.

Send a message via AIM to Oiseau the Little Bird!  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Acid - March 11th 2010, 12:22 PM

I don't think there really are any long term effects of taking acid. I know that if you have a diagnosed mental disorder or a history of mental disorder in your family you run the risk of making it worse but that's about it.
I suppose there are the flashbacks, where you feel like you're a little bit high at random moments for awhile after you've taken it.

You can look this all up for yourself on Erowid, I find that it is by far the best unbiased source for information of this sort.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd.shtml

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
l0stCause Offline
chaos walks
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Acid - March 13th 2010, 03:11 PM

its kinda a strange drug in that if u start to take it too often (figure 3+/week) ur tolerance build up and u wont be able to use for a couple weeks anyways

“Chaos is the score upon which reality is written.”

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Acid - March 14th 2010, 09:25 AM

Since many of the papers need special access to journals or pay per article, I managed to find some that require neither. It's a brief, 4-page paper. It's done in rats because much of the research in schizophrenia, psychosis and anti-psychotic drugs involves giving rats LSD or PCP. It's as a PDF.

http://www.lycaeum.org/research/researchpdfs/2924.pdf

There are some other risks, such as drug-induced psychosis, which can be chronic (found in the DSM-IV-TR) or temporary. If your friend is on other drugs, either illegal, over-the-counter or prescription, then that is where things can go very wrong for him depending what is taken.

In a study by Howes and Kapur (2009), amphetamines serve as the greatest risk for developing schizophrenia and other hallucinogenics, such as ketamine, PCP, LSD and such have high risks also. I cant find an English version of the paper online, only the abstract so unless you have journal access and can read it in a PDF, then you'll need to get it yourself or I can try to PM it to you. Anyways, here is the abstract:
http://schizophreniabulletin.oxfordj...tract/sbp006v1

Closed Thread